Disney With No Kids - Suggestions?

AshleeH

DIS Veteran
I have two trips coming up - one in November with my husband and some of our best friends. One in February, with just my best friend (girls trip! Woohoo!).

I have several things listed that I want to try, but I want some fresh takes on it. So what would you do on these types of vacations? Keys to the Kingdom tour is on our list :).

Not my thing, but these "no kids" threads typically have a copious amount of suggestions on where to find good booze in the parks. If they still have the Rum infused dole whip that would be my goto.

Without kids, I'd skew my trip more towards evening/night touring. Crowds are usually lighter and temps cooler.

When I meet up with my Disney friends each year we always have a few meals together. 50's Prime Time is a great one. Also done Trails End, Kona, 'Ohanas, and Whispering Canyon.
We like to eat!

If you are there in time for the November trip, Food & Wine would be a must do for adults with or with out kids IMO. Also, when we go adults only, we make sure to spend time touring the different resorts and lounges. And we also have a different appreciation for the attractions for all ages when we are touring at a more adult (ie leisurely) pace!

All of our trips are no-kids LOL. If we are there during a festival we tend to hit the food booths at Epcot (we don't drink). We spend a LOT of time meandering, the trails at AK, the countries at Epcot. Reading every little plaque or sign. Sitting and people watching. Tours are great too (have done KTTK and loved it). We plan at least one special dinner someplace nice too.

In addition to KTTK, I recently experienced Undiscovered Future World, World Showcase: Destinations Discovered, Marceline to the Magic Kingdom & Backstage Magic and thoroughly enjoyed all 5 of them so I would suggest doing more than just KTTK.

I loved the Keys the to the kingdom tour! It is probably my favorite tour that I have ever done :) I don't think you will be disappointed

I just enjoy the extra time that skipping the "family" rides gives us I get to spend a bit more time exploring the parks and people watching than I do when going in a group with kids. It's definitely a more relaxing experience!

Great suggestions, everyone! I'm always open to more! Food and Wine is the primary reason we chose this time of year - we're almost always there during F&W, but can't really relax and sample the things we want with the kids with us. We're also planning on the Christmas Party - I've always wanted to go.

Great suggestions, everyone! I'm always open to more! Food and Wine is the primary reason we chose this time of year - we're almost always there during F&W, but can't really relax and sample the things we want with the kids with us. We're also planning on the Christmas Party - I've always wanted to go.

We have found that adult food and wine night is a great night to use the kids clubs at the resorts!

This trip DH and I are doing Savor the Savanna and Keys to the Kingdom. Remember that the Disney Visa gets you 15% off tours. Last time we did drinks around the world and California Grill. Plan a nice dinner when you go with DH and do the Epcot or Monorail crawl with your girlfriends. Try some of the pool bars at the resorts, too. Disney Springs has great places to eat. Enjoy!

I would definitely visit Epcot to drink around the world or the Monorail crawl at least attempt to do it. I also enjoy visiting the various deluxe resorts especially the Polynesian for a visit to Trader Sam's. As far as park tours well it depends on what you have or have not done but I like the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party.

Outside the parks depending upon what you are into:
sports: golf, mini-golf, fishing, marathon, bowling, ESPN Club, WWS/ESPN Zone, etc
shopping: DTD, area outlet malls, large scale malls
drinking: Jellyrolls, Raglan Road, monorail tour of resorts, walking tour of resorts in the Boardwalk area
movies: DTD 24 screen theater some with meals served by waiters
night clubbing: Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, Raglan Road, Citywalk
resort tours: monorail tour of resorts, Boardwalk around the lake tour of resorts, horse drawn tour of FWC, AKL/AKV
offsite: Gaylord Palms Resort, Citywalk, swamp tour
eating: Formal GF 5* Chef's Table @ V&As

Things I enjoy on our Adult ONLY Kid Free trips
Walking around our room naked
Long showers
Not having to share snacks
Not having to take anyone to the bathroom
Shopping
Eating ice cream for Breakfast, lunch and dinner

In October, we will take our 3rd DW trip sans kids-ours are grown now- and we love the freedom to do whatever we want to do. I love being in the atmosphere and I feel like a kid again. We do some of our fav rides-Pirates,Splash Mtn., so on, but we can skip others if we don't feel like doing them. I love AK and Epcot more as an adult than I did when I was younger and when we brought kids along. We can take our time and not feel rushed to get to every ride, show, etc for the sake of the kids. I don't think you are ever too old for Disney!

We have just booked (last night) our first trip without the kids. Timing it in October to take in the Food and Wine Festival and Halloween.

We have been many time with kids at various ages, cant wait for this one.

Third trip to FW sans kids this October. We loved the first two...crazy, but we stayed at Beach Club and never even used the pool first trip. We spend two park days at Epcot at least, stay out late, sleep in.

We are going in November without kids for F&W and couldn't be more excited! The only plans we have are dinner reservations.

I think the best thing to do as an adult is the World Showcase, and not just because of the drinking (although that is fun). There are so many quiet spots that might allude you on a trip with kids. There is a beautiful seating area in the back of Japan's pavilion. I recommend getting a sake ice and enjoying the beautiful scenery back there for a relaxing moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter