Disney With Toddler Twins - Best week of my life.

KeepCalmAndCarryOn

charfinntastic
I had to take a moment to pop back and share that Disney World with 14 month old twins is now my most favorite thing to do of all time.

After growing up in a Disney family, I certainly underestimated the feeling of watching my own babies experience the magic. Sure, there were moments of the toddlers being toddlers, but watching my daughter fangirl over meeting Minnie and watching my son RUN to Pooh and plant a big old kiss on him was everything.

For anyone debating whether or not it is worth it, it totally is. I am in a serious depression today wishing that I could immediately be planning another trip for as soon as possible.

I have to say that the character buffets were amazing for meals - that and Biergarten as a our little troop loves to dance! Worst dining experience was Coral Reef at no fault of the amazing waitstaff; it just took over two hours from ordering to getting food. We ended up leaving the rest of group before dinner was early in order to prevent a major meltdown. That was a long time for ME to sit, so not surprised it was too much for the twinnies.

And the Boardwalk Villas again worked their magic... Walking into Epcot is the most amazing feeling ever. I am going to work on a trip report with things we thought worked and things I'd do differently but just had to share my excitement in the most amazing week.

That's awesome, glad to hear you had a magical time!! We also have twins and I've always been a WDW fanatic myself. The first time we brought them to WDW was right around their first birthday. We stay offsite, and don't eat in the restaurants (we do character greets in the parks). I agree that seeing the wonder in their eyes as they discovered things and were just awed by the sights, sounds, etc...was amazing. At the same time, it honestly was also a very different WDW experience than we were used to and we were very happy when the twins got out of the little toddler stage and got to about 4 years old. Yes, I would recommend it too, but it's a very different trip, and it can definitely be a challenge.

Very true! It was VERY tiring! I think we all slept very well all week. I also think that we had to mentally prepare ourselves that this trip would look differently; we spent a lot of time in the parks just getting from point A to point B, and had to adapt our meals to avoid the toddler crash.

The language development of the twins exploded on this trip... It is amazing out receptive kids are and how they can adapt to new people and places. It is a lesson for me to love and live each moment fully, because boy can you get a lot out of this life when you allow yourself to experience!

We have triplets and are all hooked on WDW.

Our first trip (with kids) was in 2012 on a Magic sailing out of NYC in August. On the Port Canaveral day we visited the Magic Kingdom which was their first visit to the parks. They were about a month shy of 4 years old then.

We also bought DVC in 2012 so we have been down in every year since (including 3 road trips in 2015, 2016 and 2017).

One of the coolest things to watch is how they expand what they're comfortable with doing as they get older. It was a big deal for them when they became old enough to ride without us a couple of years ago, or going from wanting to ride It's A Small World 10 times to wanting to ride BTMR and others.

I'm interested to see if they become jaded and disinterested in Disney as they hit the teen years (I didn't - I liked going to WDW in high school - but everyone is different).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter