Disney Wonder 14-night Westbound Panama Canal March 6th, 2020

I'm stoked, managed to change our room from a Standard Inside to a Deluxe Inside but it's one of the 'secret porthole' rooms :cheer2: Normally I love my verandah but I can't make the budget stretch that far this time :rotfl2:

Glad to know someone from here snagged one! :) I saw those secret porthole rooms show up yesterday and even asked my DH if he wanted to switch from our inside 11B for $1K extra. He said not worth it for us as the several other couples we are sailing with all have veranda rooms across the hall from our current room. I would like to have some light... but I guess I'm too cheap to pay for it! :rolleyes1

I'm stoked, managed to change our room from a Standard Inside to a Deluxe Inside but it's one of the 'secret porthole' rooms :cheer2: Normally I love my verandah but I can't make the budget stretch that far this time :rotfl2:
So happy for you!

Hi everyone, I wondered if anybody had started this thread yet. I'm Jo from the UK. This will be our third WBPC, having previously done the 2015 and 2017 sailings. I will be travelling with my husband, Gary, and our friends Kim and Terry. Also, my daughter and her fiance have decided to book this cruise too, so they may well be along for the ride. This will be our first cruise as Platinum - we still have a long way to go to catch up to Scott ;)
We cruised with you in 2017. So exciting that more of your family may be joining you. Congrats on being platinum for this cruise. We will be platinum after this one.

Hi everyone! I'm on this sailing with my cruise partner in crime, my will be 9yr old on this cruise daughter, Ella. We are very excited. We really enjoy cruising out of NOLA. This is our 3rd DCL cruise, and we booked an 11B on deck 6.

Thanks for starting the thread! This will probably be a solo trip for me unless my mom decides to come along. I have been wanting to do PC for years and was so happy when I saw the dates as they work almost perfectly. The Wonder is my favorite ship and this will be my 7th time sailing her, 19th DCL cruise overall.

It was magic on the Magic so I wonder if I will like the Wonder?:joker:

I honestly am wondering [he he he] the same thing. We have sailed the Magic several times. LOVED the ship. We did the Fantasy once and didn't enjoy it as much..so i'm hoping we will like the Wonder like we did/have the Magic.

Love the Wonder!! She's our favourite :) :boat: :lovestruc We are sailing on the Magic for the first time next October and I'm excited to board her!! Really looking forward to Rapunzel's!

I honestly am wondering [he he he] the same thing. We have sailed the Magic several times. LOVED the ship. We did the Fantasy once and didn't enjoy it as much..so i'm hoping we will like the Wonder like we did/have the Magic.

DH and I have cruised on both the Magic and Wonder (and once in the Fantasy.) To me, the Magic and Wonder are very much alike, and we love them both. The two level Cove Cafe on the Wonder is great. I can't speak to slides, etc., though.

We enjoyed our Fantasy cruise, but prefer the smaller ships.

We've been avoiding DCL lately, because of the pricing, but we're doing the DVC cruise out of NYC in October, 2019 as well as this cruise. They will bookmark our 40th anniversary, which falls in between.

Kathy

DH and I have cruised on both the Magic and Wonder (and once in the Fantasy.) To me, the Magic and Wonder are very much alike, and we love them both. The two level Cove Cafe on the Wonder is great. I can't speak to slides, etc., though.

We enjoyed our Fantasy cruise, but prefer the smaller ships.

We've been avoiding DCL lately, because of the pricing, but we're doing the DVC cruise out of NYC in October, 2019 as well as this cruise. They will bookmark our 40th anniversary, which falls in between.

Kathy

Cove Cafe on the Wonder is now one floor only; the entire second floor is now the extended concierge lounge (this was fully transformed in the Fall of 2017). So unless you are sailing concierge, the second floor is off limits :(

Also, we are on the Oct 2019 DVC cruise as well!!!:wave:

Cove Cafe on the Wonder is now one floor only; the entire second floor is now the extended concierge lounge (this was fully transformed in the Fall of 2017). So unless you are sailing concierge, the second floor is off limits :(

Also, we are on the Oct 2019 DVC cruise as well!!!:wave:

Cool! We're from southern NJ (think Philadelphia.) Both the DVC and Panama canal will be firsts for us. Have to research towncar companies to get to New York.

Figures that the upper floor is now concierge. Disney loves to take things away. We only spent a lot of time there on the Alaska cruise. I don't think we'll be worrying about staying warm on this cruise.

Hi everyone! I'm on this sailing with my cruise partner in crime, my will be 9yr old on this cruise daughter, Ella. We are very excited. We really enjoy cruising out of NOLA. This is our 3rd DCL cruise, and we booked an 11B on deck 6.
Nice to see there will be another 9 yr old girl!

I booked our trip for WBPC since I've wanted to do this for SO long, and now have plenty of time to talk my husband into it! It's a week past our 7th leap-year anniversary, and our sons want to come and celebrate as well ... hopefully their work schedules will allow for it. We reserved two cabins with verandahs, so we'll just have to see if we completely fill them or are left with extra space! YAY!

Of course right now, my husband is SUPER excited for our western Caribbean cruise that leaves in a little over a week ... many good times to come! The cruise next week will make us platinum, FINALLY!
Deb

Love the Wonder!! She's our favourite :) :boat: :lovestruc We are sailing on the Magic for the first time next October and I'm excited to board her!! Really looking forward to Rapunzel's!

I was on the Magic in 2017 when Cariocas (spelling) was still the third restaurant, then this last trip WBTA, it had changed over to Rapunzel's.
I LOVED IT!!! The décor was terrific and... well I won't spill the beans but the dinners were fun!

I booked our trip for WBPC since I've wanted to do this for SO long, and now have plenty of time to talk my husband into it! It's a week past our 7th leap-year anniversary, and our sons want to come and celebrate as well ... hopefully their work schedules will allow for it. We reserved two cabins with verandahs, so we'll just have to see if we completely fill them or are left with extra space! YAY!

Of course right now, my husband is SUPER excited for our western Caribbean cruise that leaves in a little over a week ... many good times to come! The cruise next week will make us platinum, FINALLY!
Deb

Are you on the October 27th HOTHS cruise? We are, too!!! :) See you onboard! I also need to 'talk my husband' into taking this WBPC cruise. He's still on the fence but I had to jump on it and book because it might be our only chance to do it for a few years.

Hello all! I recently booked this trip for myself, DH, DS11, and DD8. This our third cruise and third time on the Wonder. So excited as the Panama Canal has always been a bucket list item for us! We will be in room 5520.

I was on the Magic in 2017 when Cariocas (spelling) was still the third restaurant, then this last trip WBTA, it had changed over to Rapunzel's.
I LOVED IT!!! The décor was terrific and... well I won't spill the beans but the dinners were fun!

HI! We were on the WBTA with you. Loved Rapunzel's and can't wait to experience Tiana's.

Hello everyone, just want to say: Staterooms Secret Veranda, cat 7A, are available now.
We love the Secret Veranda, went from 5B to 7A, $1500 cheaper.

Hello everyone, just want to say: Staterooms Secret Veranda, cat 7A, are available now.
We love the Secret Veranda, went from 5B to 7A, $1500 cheaper.

I think they're already gone. I know 7620 and 6634 are definitely off the books.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!