Disney Wonder: 7 Night Mexican Riviera - October 15th, 2017

@Jason Persampieri I added you to group 2. You can find the rest of your group in this post: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ctober-15th-2017.3523328/page-2#post-56918055

And with that Group 2 is now closed! Should we end FE Group registration now?
I think Aquadame has the right idea, leave it open until about a week before as a last minute group and they understand that is the case when they choose to sign up. Since both groups are full already, we can all start in.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hello,

I am now just finding out about the FE and would like to participate! :) My husband and I will be cruising w/ our relatives and it'll be our first Disney Cruise. Thank you for this opportunity to join the excitement!

cabin number: GTY (Not sure what our cabin number is yet)
participants' names (gender/age): Olive (female/32), Nathan(male/33)
allergies and other restrictions: none
favorite characters: Olive-Mulan, UP, Moana, Little Mermaid, Marvel. Nathan-Star Wars, Marvel, Nightmare Before Christmas, UP, Beauty & the Beast
other notes: none

Thank you! :)

I have a question regarding the Beverage tasting. Last time we cruised with DCL (our first time) we booked them on board the first day. Now I see all the beverage tastings are booked! will they add more classes and allow us to book on board? they were all booked the first day we were able to book.

I have a question regarding the Beverage tasting. Last time we cruised with DCL (our first time) we booked them on board the first day. Now I see all the beverage tastings are booked! will they add more classes and allow us to book on board? they were all booked the first day we were able to book.
Being able to book these online is new, so I doubt anyone knows for sure, but if they follow the same pattern as everything else, then I would imagine that there will be additional options on board.

Hello to all. We are getting excited for our upcoming Cruise. :banana:This will be our 17th Disney Cruise. :boat: We have done most all of the itineraries. The Wonder is our favorite Ship. However, we have never done a "seasonal" Cruise. Does anyone know if there will be a Halloween costume party??:confused3
I am aware of the Pirate party. Our daughter would like to bring her costume.
It sounds like a fun group. Looking forward to making new friends. It will be myself:maleficen,my DH :tigger:and our DD:tinker:

I got the email too. The wording makes me think that the trick or treating is exclusively for the kiddos. I hope that is not the case. I was really looking forward to that part.

Hey guys, I had a thought. How would you all feel about making the deadline for joining the FE group August 15 rather than September 15 (which is what currently is set at)? I think ending it at two months instead of one month ahead of the cruise would give people more wiggle room to get their gifts together without having to worry about last minute additions.

How do you all feel about this? I will wait 5 days for comments and depending on the response, I may change the deadline. If you are against this change, please voice your disapproval now.

JnP two cabins are still planning on Group 1 FE participation.

Can't wait for October 15th!

I booked Palo for me and my husband at 7pm but then I realized that it was on the same day as Pirate Night :sad: what time does the party usually start? I don't want our reservation to over lap into the party. I rather cancel the reservation than miss Pirate Night with my girls. thank you!

I can't remember exactly, but we always do Palo Brunch then we know it won't conflict with any of the dining rooms that we really want to do or with Pirate Night and the brunch menu is much more appealing than dinner to us.

Hi there! This will be my first Halloween cruise from San Diego and I just joined this thread so I apologize if I am repeating my questions. Two questions:

1.) I read that for those driving to San Diego, we have to park at the Airport. Can anyone give their advice on transportation at the San Diego Airport to SD Port Terminal? Better to take an Uber/Lyft or use Disney's Transportation service? I know it's close, but I'm not sure what is the better option.

2.) Are there costume restrictions other than the obvious "no-no's"? For example, lightsabers acceptable? My husband has a giant Totoro costume he wants to wear but I'm not sure if he can seeing that it is a full body costume and it's big-ish. It's not really "Disney" but it is soft and fluffy lol! He gets a lot of hugs.

Hi there! This will be my first Halloween cruise from San Diego and I just joined this thread so I apologize if I am repeating my questions. Two questions:

1.) I read that for those driving to San Diego, we have to park at the Airport. Can anyone give their advice on transportation at the San Diego Airport to SD Port Terminal? Better to take an Uber/Lyft or use Disney's Transportation service? I know it's close, but I'm not sure what is the better option.

2.) Are there costume restrictions other than the obvious "no-no's"? For example, lightsabers acceptable? My husband has a giant Totoro costume he wants to wear but I'm not sure if he can seeing that it is a full body costume and it's big-ish. It's not really "Disney" but it is soft and fluffy lol! He gets a lot of hugs.

First of all, welcome to the group! While I don't have an answer for question one, I do have a partial one for question two. Here is what DCL said in a recent email:

Please remember that while all Guests are invited to wear costumes, masks that completely cover a person's face may only be worn when standing still at character photo locations and must be carried when moving around the ship. We also ask that you choose costumes that are not obstructive or offensive. To avoid any disappointment or delay in the boarding process, please refrain from bringing toys or props that resemble guns, knives or other related implements, as these items will not be allowed onboard.

I don't know if your husband's Totoro costume also includes a mask but keep in mind that he will only be allowed to wear that part during photo-taking. Since light-sabers aren't really mentioned in the list of toys/props that might be problematic, I would recommend that you call Disney.

First of all, welcome to the group! While I don't have an answer for question one, I do have a partial one for question two. Here is what DCL said in a recent email:

Please remember that while all Guests are invited to wear costumes, masks that completely cover a person's face may only be worn when standing still at character photo locations and must be carried when moving around the ship. We also ask that you choose costumes that are not obstructive or offensive. To avoid any disappointment or delay in the boarding process, please refrain from bringing toys or props that resemble guns, knives or other related implements, as these items will not be allowed onboard.

I don't know if your husband's Totoro costume also includes a mask but keep in mind that he will only be allowed to wear that part during photo-taking. Since light-sabers aren't really mentioned in the list of toys/props that might be problematic, I would recommend that you call Disney.

Thanks!!! I'll let my husband know and call Disney about the lightsabers. We just booked the cruise yesterday so that is good to know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!