Disney Wonder - Frozen production show seating availability

ohMom

Kids Get Arthritis Too!
just wondering for recent Wonde cruises, how has the second seating of Frozen been for availability? When we cruised last April, the second seating was filled early as many passengers chose to view the show twice, and so the perceived allotted seats for the second show was easily and very early gone as those double dipping occupied seats meant for those who had not yet seen the show.

So, I’m booking Palo on Frozen night and I’m hesitant to book an early dinnner and expect to find seats for party of 5 for the show after dinner, has this situation lessened? TIA

Just wanted to clarify the theater holds slightly more than a third of the passengers. More than half the ships passengers eat at early seating (second showtime). So if it’s a very very popular show it’s going to be packed with people seeing it for the first show and not necessarily double dipping as you phrased it.

We found the showing for late dining to be a lot more open. If you had the choice of when to book Palo I’d go eith after the show.

I phrased it that way as we heard many people say they viewed the show twice

And thanks for the info

I saw it in April during second seating and it was a madhouse. Before they opened the doors, the line was all the way to the atrium and even around it. Once they opened the doors, it was mayhem - elbows flying, people running, children being shoved, etc. I was appalled.

When we were on the Wonder this past July, they also had a daytime Frozen show, in addition to the two evening shows. We went to the matinee showing and it was very crowded, but doable. I would think that the evening shows were much less crowded, as there were a lot of children at the afternoon showing.

I saw it in April during second seating and it was a madhouse. Before they opened the doors, the line was all the way to the atrium and even around it. Once they opened the doors, it was mayhem - elbows flying, people running, children being shoved, etc. I was appalled.
we also experienced a long line prior to the doors opening. It was crazy.

On our Wonder cruise last month they also had a "matinee" performance at 2pm. They did warn us that would be the most crowded one, so we did not try to go to that one. Our normal showtime (we had early dining) didn't seem any busier than the other shows that week; we do not line up ahead of time, we come 10-15 minutes before the show and grab what we can since we are a party of two.

We saw it in early October and unfortunately there was not a matinee. I believe the pp was on a cruise after ours- so glad they added it as the early show for the second seating diners was almost completely full about 15 minutes before showtime. We were lucky to find 4 seats together and some ended up having to stand in the aisles to see it.

We saw it in early October and unfortunately there was not a matinee. I believe the pp was on a cruise after ours- so glad they added it as the early show for the second seating diners was almost completely full about 15 minutes before showtime. We were lucky to find 4 seats together and some ended up having to stand in the aisles to see it.

How strange... I wonder how they decide whether or not to do it? We were on the October 15th 7-Night Mexican Riviera cruise.

How strange... I wonder how they decide whether or not to do it? We were on the October 15th 7-Night Mexican Riviera cruise.
We sailed on 10/5. When I heard about the matinee being added, I wondered myself if it is was due to the crowds on our cruise...

Thanks everyone for your input, I’m glad to hear there is a possibility of a matinee. The cruise we were on the production crews were transitioning and we didn’t have any matinees offered as I believe the crew was utilizing the daytime for rehearsals etc for the new crew. Based on what I’m reading, I think we will stick with late dining that night for our Palo and attend the first show

Panama Canal Cruise- theater was crowded but it was for other shows as well. Walked in as a party of two about 10-15 minutes before show started and got great seats in mid section about 9rows back.

I just got off the Wonder today...

2:30 p.m. Matinee was crowded, but not full. The line was about 10 people deep on each side an hour before the show.

I can't recall the 2nd show since that is when I was eating dinner.

The 8:30 p.m. show did not have that much of a line, and that didn't sell out until about 5 minutes before the show to my knowledge.

Each cruise is going to be different. I always advise to get there about 15 minutes before they open the doors (30 minutes before the show). You will always have plenty of spots available if you get in line that early.

We sailed in Aug. I don't recall a Matinee. Our show was very crowded. We had to take our youngest to the bathroom and MIL tried to save us seats and got yelled at. We got there as doors open so luckily even with that issue we did get seats together but it was hard (we were a party of 10). They asked quite a few to scootch into open seats. Kind people put smaller kids on laps to make room for others. Some people sat on the stairs. It was a madhouse.

I would think the same thing would be happening on the Dream right now for the new Beauty and the Beast show. Eventually, I would think that the crowds would be less, as more and more people have already seen these shows.

We are doing a wonder cruise in Feb and hoping for a matinee. Is there a reason why it is or isn't done on certain cruises?

We are doing a wonder cruise in Feb and hoping for a matinee. Is there a reason why it is or isn't done on certain cruises?
If the show is scheduled for a night that's a sea day, there's more likelihood of a matinee. Unless they need the theater for something else (rehearsal, bingo, lecture, movie, whatever).

just wondering for recent Wonde cruises, how has the second seating of Frozen been for availability? When we cruised last April, the second seating was filled early as many passengers chose to view the show twice, and so the perceived allotted seats for the second show was easily and very early gone as those double dipping occupied seats meant for those who had not yet seen the show.

So, I’m booking Palo on Frozen night and I’m hesitant to book an early dinnner and expect to find seats for party of 5 for the show after dinner, has this situation lessened? TIA

Whatever you decide to do, arrive very early (I'm tempted to say at least 45 minutes in advance) because the show fills up quite fast. (And the pushy crowd made me a little uncomfortable to be honest. Some people were running to save the best seats, etc.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter