Disney Wonder November 29, 2019 Double Dip from Galveston

We will most likely be driving again but the rest of my family thinks we are nuts and will be flying. We don’t have tons of options where we are coming from so this could be interesting. Maybe I just won’t point out that we arrive on your Thanksgiving ‍♀️ So excited! We LOVED Texas & Galveston last November.

Wow, that must be a pretty long drive. I agree with dizneykids5, flying to Galveston on Thanksgiving day may be less expensive and less crowded.

Thanks so much. We moved to Texas almost 2 years ago. So we were excited for a Galveston cruise that goes to castaway. I am really excited for the smaller ship. I know a lot of people prefer it. We have two littles (4&2) so I feel like a less crowded boat and island will be amazing.

:welcome: It is definitely nice to be on one of the smaller boats at Castaway. All three times we have been to Castaway we were on the Wonder and it was great. Plenty of umbrellas, chairs and loungers to go around. We also didn't have any problems finding tables at Cookies and Cookies too BBQ for lunch. We have two little ones as well, both girls who will be 4 and 6 when we sail.

Wow, that must be a pretty long drive. I agree with dizneykids5, flying to Galveston on Thanksgiving day may be less expensive and less crowded.

Thanks good to know. It’s only 1800 Miles :car:. It was a super easy drive, we are really excited to travel back to Texas. My oldest has been begging for a trip specifically to visit Buccees again
:jumping1:

Thanks good to know. It’s only 1800 Miles :car:. It was a super easy drive, we are really excited to travel back to Texas. My oldest has been begging for a trip specifically to visit Buccees again
:jumping1:
Ha, we stop at Buc-ee's in Madisonville, TX on our way down to and back from Galveston every time we go. Our little ones love it!
:)

:welcome:Also - HI EVERYONE! This will be our 4th cruise, 3rd as a family! Our first cruise was our wedding cruise out of Galveston, May of 2013!!

Hi Megan and welcome to the thread!

We're DVC as well. This will be our 12th cruise, but our "boys" 9th. I say "boys" because the youngest will be 21 when we sail. This is our last "Mom and Dad are paying" cruise. Time for them to cruise on their own nickel! We've never done a Merrytime, so this will be a first for us. I'm pretty excited, but it is SOOO far away.

This will be our 4th cruise on the Wonder out of Galveston. We drive down from Little Rock but stop off and make a two day drive out of it so the 8 hours don't seem so far. Super excited about the 2 stops at CC!

This will be our 4th cruise on the Wonder out of Galveston. We drive down from Little Rock but stop off and make a two day drive out of it so the 8 hours don't seem so far. Super excited about the 2 stops at CC!

:welcome: We were on the same Nov 2017 cruise out of Galveston, I remember seeing you on the DISboards. We are excited about the Castaway double dip as well. Come on Nov 2019, only 525 days!
:hourglass

I just booked this cruise yesterday. It will be our first ever Disney cruise although we have cruised before with a Carnival, NCL, Holland America, and Celebrity so I'm not a complete newbie for the cruising aspects. I'd appreciate any advice you all can give to make the most of this cruise given the cost. It will be me, my husband, and our 6 year old daughter. We live in Houston!

I just booked this cruise yesterday. It will be our first ever Disney cruise although we have cruised before with a Carnival, NCL, Holland America, and Celebrity so I'm not a complete newbie for the cruising aspects. I'd appreciate any advice you all can give to make the most of this cruise given the cost. It will be me, my husband, and our 6 year old daughter. We live in Houston!

:welcome: I have posted all the tips and advice I have for this cruise on page 1 of this thread. This will be our 4th Disney cruise. We have also cruised on Royal Caribbean and Norwegan. Norwegan was our first cruise about 11 years ago and it was ok. We cruised on Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas a few years ago and loved it (still craving the beef sandwiches). But Disney is our favorite, we like the dining room rotation, the entertainment and we really love Castaway Cay. We have 2 kids both girls they will be 4 and 6 when we cruise.

School is out for Thanksgiving the week before we cruise but we couldn't pass up the back-to-back at CC so we decided to take the week after also. The teachers probably wont be happy and we'll have a ton of make-up work to do but like I told my wife, the kids wont stay young forever. Anyone else doing this?

School is out for Thanksgiving the week before we cruise but we couldn't pass up the back-to-back at CC so we decided to take the week after also. The teachers probably wont be happy and we'll have a ton of make-up work to do but like I told my wife, the kids wont stay young forever. Anyone else doing this?

That's what we did last year and we got a nastygram from the school princaple explaining the penalties of unexcused absences, plus we had to have a conference with the vice principal. Dispite the fact that we gave the school plenty of notice prior to taking our daughter out for the extra week. But it was worth it, and since we did not have any other unexcused absences the rest of the school year it was fine. We will be doing the same thing for this cruise. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter