Disney Wonder Re-imagined March 4, 2018

How cute!!! Thank you for the informative post! My mind's already working on what our FE would look like.

Just a word of advice - liquor is not allowed per disney policy. So please do not plan on gifting that.

You have to have 10 post to send someone a direct message and they also need 10 posts as well.

Just a word of advice - liquor is not allowed per disney policy. So please do not plan on gifting that.

You have to have 10 post to send someone a direct message and they also need 10 posts as well.

thanks for the heads up. i guess when we went last time that policy was not in effect. i just read the policy and you are correct about liquor, but still can bring wine and beer just need to hand hold it.

thanks for the heads up. i guess when we went last time that policy was not in effect. i just read the policy and you are correct about liquor, but still can bring wine and beer just need to hand hold it.
Yes, beer, wine and water bottles are allowed. Beer is a 6 pack per adult (21+) and wine is 2 bottles per adult.

This sounds pathetic, but none of our family has ever traveled out of the United States before. Does anyone have any suggestions on activities/places to visit? I'm also keeping an eye out for FE Gift ideas, but coming from Hawaii we are concerned with the size of items, perishables, weight, etc. Do you all have any suggestions?

Thank you very much in advance!

This sounds pathetic, but none of our family has ever traveled out of the United States before. Does anyone have any suggestions on activities/places to visit? I'm also keeping an eye out for FE Gift ideas, but coming from Hawaii we are concerned with the size of items, perishables, weight, etc. Do you all have any suggestions?

Thank you very much in advance!
You can make things, or anything from your home state that is age appropriate is always appreciated. A couple of gifts I received and still have: a tote bag with a disney picture and our last name on it, a disney picture frame, mickey ornament, handmade disney first aid pouch (which my son uses for his hot wheels), waterproof pouch for cell phone, disney magnets.
You can also send a box to the port to arrive the day before sailing and it will be in your cabin when you arrive. I believe the box can only be 12x12 but dont quote me on that. That's actually what I will be doing. My little ones don't know about the cruise and we are doing a couple of days at universal first. So the extra space works for us.

Thank you very much, those are great ideas! Do you know where I could get more information about sending a box to the port? It would be very helpful if we choose to go with food gifts.

• One box per stateroom, no exceptions.
  • The package must have the guest's full name, ship, sailing date, stateroom number or GTY if you have not been assigned a stateroom number.
  • The package also must have a packing slip attached to the outside of the box that details the contents of the package. For prescriptions, a copy of the prescription is sufficient. Your list may or may not be read but it must have one. Write packing slip on the outside of the envelope.
  • NO FOODS/DRINKS OF ANY KIND, LIQUOR OF ANY KIND, FIREARMS, ETC. Items that cannot be shipped to the Disney Cruise Line Warehouse and delivered to the ship include: food products (any and all food products including baby food/formula), beverages (liquor, water, etc.), chemicals, and luggage. These items will not be accepted at the warehouse and will be returned.
  • The required size of the cartons you are shipping down have to be about the size of a record storage box 12 inches on a side and should not weigh more than 20 pounds.
Address your package to:

Disney Cruise Line Warehouse

Guest Name/Stateroom # (GTY, if you don't know what your room number is)

8633 Transport Drive

Orlando, FL 32832

Phone: 407-566-8196

In the bottom left corner of the top of the package put the following information:

ATTN: Housekeeping

• Name
  • Sail Date
  • Ship
  • Stateroom Number
  • Packing slip
Packages must arrive by Friday by 3:00 PM for the 7-Night Cruise on the Disney Magic. (Saturday)

Packages must arrive by Friday by 3:00 PM for the 4-Night Cruise on the Disney Wonder. (Sunday)

Packages must arrive by Wednesday by 3:00 PM for the 3-Night Cruise on the Disney Wonder (Thursday)

If your box is hit on by the screening dog or chosen for additional screening they will open the list and the box and look through it. They will close it back up and provided nothing forbidden is in it, then it will be in your room as usual after boarding. These boxes will be coming on the ship with the crew mail among other things so they may be in the staterooms later than the rest of your luggage.

Okay, scratch the shipping of food items, but this would be very helpful with other gifts I had in mind :).

yeah. im thinking of sending my FE gifts this way so i dont have to put on my carry on or pack in my luggage.

but only seem to be items that are not perishable.

Last edited:
we all still here? any new comers??? also you can find us on FB if you have it. https://www.facebook.com/groups/337883159897173/ , if not please let us know. We have a Fish extender group, Adult Fish extender group, Mixology class (21 and older), Postcard Recipe exchange, Magnet exchange and a Kids Pen Pal group. we wnat to make sure everyone has a chance to be included in this magical voyage with our new fellow Disney Family. if you have any question fill free to ask and someone will answer it ASAP. everyone here is always willing to help.

Hi there,

Yes, we're still here. Thank you for keeping the discussion going. I like the ideas for the Fish extender group, but are they just suggestions? Meaning do I give every family a post card recipe, a magnet and participate in a Kids Pen Pal Group? And my apologies, I don't know what a Mixology class is. Is it just a gift for people 21 and over?

Will you also be organizing who will give to which families? I think Super Pint Size had some excellent suggestions too regarding the FEs, but I lost track of who was willing to organize this cool event (Many thanks to you and everyone for doing this).

Hi there,

Yes, we're still here. Thank you for keeping the discussion going. I like the ideas for the Fish extender group, but are they just suggestions? Meaning do I give every family a post card recipe, a magnet and participate in a Kids Pen Pal Group? And my apologies, I don't know what a Mixology class is. Is it just a gift for people 21 and over?

Will you also be organizing who will give to which families? I think Super Pint Size had some excellent suggestions too regarding the FEs, but I lost track of who was willing to organize this cool event (Many thanks to you and everyone for doing this).

The following are free to join - but you pay or make the gifts.

Fish Extender is a group by itself. (Cabins giving to other cabins)
Post Card Recipe is a group itself. (Cabins giving to other cabins recipes they like on a post card)
Magnet exchange is a group itself. (Cabins giving to other cabins magnets - homemade or bought)
Kid's pen pall is a group itself. (Kid's pen pal - kids within their age range all write each other)

The following you pay to be apart of but you do not gift each other.
Mixology is a class for 21 and up. It's a group of people that get together with the bartender in one of the bars onboard and the bartender teaches them how to make 4-6 drinks and you all drink them during the class. It's normally an hour long and $20 per adult that is charged to your cabin.

There is already a list of groups on Facebook group for Fish Extender. I can add your family to that one if you'd like.
Please let me know if you have any more questions. pixiedust:

Hi,

Thank you for the great explanation! And yes, if you could please add us to the list of groups on Facebook I would really appreciate it. My name is Kathleen, then there's Ed and our kids Brandon and Isabella Moore. Do you think we would still be able to do the FE and get information through these Discussion Boards? Or will I have to finally create a Facebook account?

Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

Hi,

Thank you for the great explanation! And yes, if you could please add us to the list of groups on Facebook I would really appreciate it. My name is Kathleen, then there's Ed and our kids Brandon and Isabella Moore. Do you think we would still be able to do the FE and get information through these Discussion Boards? Or will I have to finally create a Facebook account?

Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

think it would be good if you creat your own FB but can always disable it after the cruise.

Hi all,

I'm sorry, I haven't had a chance to open a FB account, if possible would you all be able to relay any FE information through Discussion Boards instead? I'm very sorry to be a bother, but I would really appreciate it.

Has anyone ever bought tickets through Undercover Tourist? I looked into it, but for tickets I wanted they gave little information on refunds and expiration dates. I tried to call their customer service number and it hung up on me after it rang several times. The deals are better than directly from the source, but the service and lack of information is making me nervous.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Hi everyone, Glad to see you did a Facebook page. I have put a request in to join, once it is approved I will invite the other 3 families traveling with us!!! So excited only 117 days until we sail. I'm working on our family ears and Pirate night costume.

Anyone know the dining rotations, show schedule, or when Pirate Night is?

Anyone know the dining rotations, show schedule, or when Pirate Night is?

I found out that Formal Night is Monday the 5th, Pirate Night is Thursday the 8th, and Semi Formal Night is Friday the 9th.

Hi all,

I'm sorry, I haven't had a chance to open a FB account, if possible would you all be able to relay any FE information through Discussion Boards instead? I'm very sorry to be a bother, but I would really appreciate it.

Has anyone ever bought tickets through Undercover Tourist? I looked into it, but for tickets I wanted they gave little information on refunds and expiration dates. I tried to call their customer service number and it hung up on me after it rang several times. The deals are better than directly from the source, but the service and lack of information is making me nervous.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!
I have purchased tickets through Undercover Tourist several times. Had some mailed to me and also printed my own. Never a problem and always have been cheaper for me. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter