Disney World Introduces Boozy Beignets

Shelly F - Ohio

Disney Extraordinaire
Disney World is known for its lavish food inspired by different cultures all around the world. With everything from a Toy Story-inspired pizza place to the seafood at the Coral Reef Restaurant to a Mexican restaurant overlooking a replica Mayan pyramid, you can find just about any type of cuisine you could imagine.

But if you needed another reason to visit this magical amusement park, we’ve got good news: you can now get beignets filled with alcohol at the Scat Cat’s Club, a Southern jazz lounge, at the Port Orleans Resort. Beignets, a deep-fried, fluffy pastry, are a French Quarter staple. In the Disney version, guests can infuse these sweets with the alcohol of their choosing using a pipette. For $8 each, guests are allowed one boozy pipette per pastry of Baileys, Kahlua or Rumchata

I tried the beignets last fall... not sure if it was just the batch I had but they were so heavy and greasy to me, adding liquor to that would be a recipe for illness for me...

I tried the beignets last fall... not sure if it was just the batch I had but they were so heavy and greasy to me, adding liquor to that would be a recipe for illness for me...

They're so-so. They're nowhere near the level of the real Cafe Du Monde, and NOLA has better to offer than that IMHO.

I agree with everyone else in this thread; I cannot imagine the liquor infused beignets will be good. The regular ones they serve are not great, in my opinion.

Oddly enough, the beignets we had on the Wonder at Tiana's Place were really good. Everyone raved about them. They were much different than the ones at WDW and I'm not exactly sure why.

It's been a couple of years since I had them at WDW but it seems like that wouldn't work very well. If I remember correctly there was a lot of open space in the beignets so it seems like you'd get a mouthful of liquor in the first bite and plenty pouring out. It seems like you'd be better off with a cream or pudding infused with liquor stuffing them.

But maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

I agree with everyone else in this thread; I cannot imagine the liquor infused beignets will be good. The regular ones they serve are not great, in my opinion.

Oddly enough, the beignets we had on the Wonder at Tiana's Place were really good. Everyone raved about them. They were much different than the ones at WDW and I'm not exactly sure why.

Fresher most likely.

It sounds like these would be messy to eat!

All this alcohol Disney is introducing lately is going to turn Main Street into Tortuga!!

I love beignets but I'm not sure that infusing them was one of the Liquor’s doesn't really seem like it would add much to them. I love the Liquor’s they are offering but I think I'd rather have them separately that infused into a beignets.

Completely agree. But I'm still going to give them a try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!