Disney World needs to reopen and STAY OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm open to being wrong. Masks and social distancing reduce the chance of catching anything contagious. I may well continue to wear masks even after a vaccine (which I will get, along with, by the time one is developed, the shingles vaccine).

Flu vaccine are more effective than non-existent vaccines.

"Stylish" masks - more accurately homemade masks - have never been considered even approaching PPE. Homemade masks primarily prevent one's own droplets from spreading.

You can't fix stupid.
I don’t think they are stupid, not educated in ppe, like a lot of people. They are being told mask, not type not fit not when to change. I think the vast majority would find their masks wanting. You don’t see any n95 masks being worn by the general public.

Some flu vaccines some not much better than non-existent. Not telling anyone not to get one or to get one, be informed question make a decision that is right for you. As your decision may not be the right call for someone else.

Be well, I’m going to Disney in 26 days.

At the risk of providing some facts here is the memo Navarro distributed on JAN 29 and while not directed to the president the white house has acknowledged he saw it and based his travel ban with China on it. At the highest level and at all times the highest levels of the federal government knew the risks. People can decide for themselves how 'correct' the response has been.

The Jan. 29 memo set out two stark choices: "Aggressive Containment versus No Containment."
  • Navarro compared cost estimates for the choices and wrote that the Council of Economic Advisers' estimates for stopping travel from China to the U.S. would be $2.9 billion per month. If the virus turned out to be a pandemic, that travel ban could extend 12 months and cost the U.S. $34.6 billion.
  • Doing nothing (the "No Containment" option) could range from "zero economic costs" to $5.7 trillion depending on the lethality of the virus.
  • On the high end, he estimated a scenario in which the coronavirus could kill 543,000 Americans.
https://www.axios.com/exclusive-nav...ary-da3f08fb-dce1-4f69-89b5-ea048f8382a9.html

What is the treatment for the flu, besides supportive care and you forgot influenzas are deadly to youngest populations as well as our older ones. Flu vaccines are not always great protection from different strains of influenza.

You know why it is Covid 19? There were 18 strains we know about before this one. This has been pretty virulent in certain populations there is no doubt. Other populations it has been little to nothing. There is more than one way to inoculate a population, natural immunity is one of those and has been effective prior to modern medicine.

As for the not enough ppe for the general public that is a red herring as everyone has their stylish home made masks. I’ve seen patients with crocheted masks shear scarfs gapping in every direction imaginable. They felt protected, they weren’t.
Have you ever heard of tamiflu?

You do not need my address.

no need. Please stay away from every individual who has no knowledge of your health of input into your daily life. That's reciprocity.

Our being proactive is not free license for others to be inconsiderate.

Proof?

But the non-existent COVID vaccine is 0% effective in preventing, well, anything.

What's your point? I'm saying we need to keep wearing masks as long as a vaccine for flu or any virus isn't 100% effective. We would save countless lives.

I'm open to being wrong. Masks and social distancing reduce the chance of catching anything contagious. I may well continue to wear masks even after a vaccine (which I will get, along with, by the time one is developed, the shingles vaccine).

Flu vaccine are more effective than non-existent vaccines.

"Stylish" masks - more accurately homemade masks - have never been considered even approaching PPE. Homemade masks primarily prevent one's own droplets from spreading.

You can't fix stupid.

Shingles vaccine is already out.

Yeah and dont forget that USA stole from Germany, literally intercepted and stole masks that Getmany had already paid for.
This was in fact disproved and the Berlin mayor actually apologised on behalf of the senator who made the claim. https://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/...nd-zu-besserem-preis-aufgekauft/25715448.html Of course it makes a better story in the original format, and this was also raised in the government as 'reinforcing anti-American clichés'. https://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/...chwundenen-masken-politik-macht/25717312.html

Shingles vaccine is already out.
Thank you. I know. Allow me to rephrase for clarity:
I will get the coronary vaccine when it comes out.
By the time there is a coronavirus vaccine, I will finally be old enough to get the shingles vaccine.
Therefore, I will get the coronavirus vaccine and the shingles vaccine at or around the same time.

Thank you. I know. Allow me to rephrase for clarity:
I will get the coronary vaccine when it comes out.
By the time there is a coronavirus vaccine, I will finally be old enough to get the shingles vaccine.
Therefore, I will get the coronavirus vaccine and the shingles vaccine at or around the same time.
You know, I thought that's what you meant. I've had the shingles vaccine, well, both of them. Not fun.

This was in fact disproved and the Berlin mayor actually apologised on behalf of the senator who made the claim. https://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/...nd-zu-besserem-preis-aufgekauft/25715448.html Of course it makes a better story in the original format, and this was also raised in the government as 'reinforcing anti-American clichés'. https://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/...chwundenen-masken-politik-macht/25717312.html

Splitting hairs, so they weren't confiscated but the order cancelled when a 2nd buyer offered a better price...

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you know Aussies don't come from New Zealand.
But yeah, we have had 2 attempted escapes from the quarantine facilities. Both have been charged.
Still I would take that percentage of stupidity in the population.

Splitting hairs, so they weren't confiscated but the order cancelled when a 2nd buyer offered a better price...

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you know Aussies don't come from New Zealand.
But yeah, we have had 2 attempted escapes from the quarantine facilities. Both have been charged.
Still I would take that percentage of stupidity in the population.
Some of the posts are now gone or had in other threads, but the conversation was about the US and a situation in Melbourne. She was providing other examples of countries who also had some mess ups. So @bavaria was not speaking out of the turn when she said Aussies & Americans.

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree, that is what gives life its flavor. It allows us multiple perspectives if we are open to the experience.
Implying others that disagree aren't open minded isn't disagreeing respectfully.
We get to enjoy FREEDOM, because we care about QUALITY of life and have INTELLIGENCE to question our government.
Are you really going to play the freedom card against Canada? 100 countries or more have freedom. Oh and the U.S. is number one in incarceration rate per capita. And as for quality of life, I wouldn't be arguing with Canadians when they can just shout SCOREBOARD!!! They ranked #1 last year. We ranked 15.
We did the flatten the curve. Our hospitals across the country are actually financial struggling due to lack of patients. As for masks we can debate that as well, but I believe we will just have to agree to disagree. Short of a miracle vaccine (which I will believe when I see an effective one) I think the only way through this is live life and if you get it you take your chances and move on.
No. We didn't flatten the curve. We got a decent start of it, but blew it. ICUs are ramping up and so are deaths.
I too work in the medical field and have a few hours in virology as well as epidemiology as those courses are in the first few years of medical school. I too attend many hours of continuing education to keep my license to practice current. I don’t use Wikipedia for my info, I am old enough to have medical text books in my library.
So you're in the medical field eh?
I don’t wear a mask except for when in surgery. I’m sure there will be much consternation directed my way.
In surgery no less. Wow.

Come on...really? I thought you were kind of backing down on this rhetoric. Are you truly a medical professional who is proclaiming (against the guidance of the C.D.C) that masks are "mandatory". Seriously...are you a practicing physician?
Yes and yes.not rhetoric I said we would agree to disagree.
Well. A genuine doctor. Impressive.......

What is the treatment for the flu, besides supportive care and you forgot influenzas are deadly to youngest populations as well as our older ones. Flu vaccines are not always great protection from different strains of influenza.

You know why it is Covid 19? There were 18 strains we know about before this one. This has been pretty virulent in certain populations there is no doubt. Other populations it has been little to nothing. There is more than one way to inoculate a population, natural immunity is one of those and has been effective prior to modern medicine.

As for the not enough ppe for the general public that is a red herring as everyone has their stylish home made masks. I’ve seen patients with crocheted masks shear scarfs gapping in every direction imaginable. They felt protected, they weren’t.

This would make a great Batman episode.

Batman: He's not a doctor Robin.
Robin: How do you know Batman?
Batman: Tamiflu is a treatment for the flu. And no doctor would get how they named Covid-19 wrong.
Robin: HOLY IMPOSTER BATMAN!!!!
Batman: Surrender that scalpel you quack!!!!

Last edited:
Tamiflu? It is effective for Canine Parvovirus but influenza maybe not so much. The following from the Tamiflu Wiki-

“The 2014 Cochrane Collaboration review concluded that oseltamivir did not affect the need for hospitalizations, and that there is no proof of reduction of complications of influenza (such as pneumonia) because of a lack of diagnostic definitions, or reduction of the spread of the virus. There was also evidence that suggested that oseltamivir prevented some people from producing sufficient numbers of their own antibodies to fight infection. The authors recommended that guidance should be revised to take account of the evidence of small benefit and increased risk of harms“

Tamiparvo would be a more apt name but the Marketing Department would scream

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!