Disneyland Addition Announced? This IS a joke right?

iamleia2

Earning My Ears
Ummm... so on Mouseplanet today they have an article saying that a new addition to Disneyland was announced today (check it out at www.mouseplanet.com). It is to be called "Disney's Homeland Adventure Park." This is a joke right? Happy April Fools... ha ha ha... PLEASE say it's a joke. Anyway, in summary it says there will be rides or attraction themed around a front lawn... such as a lawnblower, garden hose, front proch swing, flower box, riding lawn mower, and a tire swing.... Right.... Get this description of the lawnblower attraction:
"We have an entire area dedicated to the courageous spirit of leaf blowers," said Joanna Melgin, director of DISNEYLAND Resort & Park Event Sales & Services in Southern California. "Youngsters will find blowing around grass clippings and leaves inspiring and fun, all while helping Disney keep operating costs in check - which of course maintains admission pricing at levels comparable to the other two theme parks." Echoing this sentiment is Anaheim City School District Superintendent Wanda Berry who said, "Leaf blowing aligns perfectly with our own educational program and our local and state educational standards. The excitement of leaning skills that will enable our students to be able to gain employment in California is a wonderful reinforcement of what we are teaching in the classroom."

Yeah right. This HAS to be a joke. That is the funniest thing I have ever heard. Although it will fit in nicely with Pressler's "less is more" theme I suppose... Someone reply and tell me that this is a joke... please. If it isn't... heaven help us. Or maybe I am simply failing to see the wonder and magic behind this idea... anyway, that's all.

This is Mouseplanet's way of seeing if people actually read
all the way to the end of it's articles.

Rumor has it that the first expansion of the new park will be Disney's Home Kitchen. The fastpass attraction here will be Doin' the Dishes, where guests will have the opportunity to have a hands-on experience of washing actual Disneyland Resort dirty dishes. "We have had tremendous interest in our behind-the-scenes activities at the Disneyland complex," said Paul Pressler, Disney VP. "This is only the beginning. As guests wander through the linoleum floored kitchen, they will see actual props used in the Disneyland Resort kitchens, such as the very first mop used when the resort opened, um, I believe it was 1971. It was only recently taken out of service."

Mr. Pressler continued. "Here is a little secret tidbit. If you spend time in the kitchen and look carefully, you will find the secret passage to the maids break room. If you are lucky, you may catch some maids resting from the double shifts we have them on. As you exit the breakroom, you will enter a gift shop where much sought after Micky, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy plush wearing cleaning uniforms are sold. The secret passage is just around the corner of the Disney Interactive I-beam column."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter