Disneyland central enough?

BecBennett

Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
I'm not a fan of changing hotels during a holiday if I don't have to. Are the Disney hotels close enough to stay in our whole time in Shanghai? (October 11-16)

Central to what, downtown? Not at all. Our cab ride from The Toy Story Hotel to the Bund took an hour at 10 am on a weekday.

But, I’ve heard good things about the subway/train system in Shanghai (we didn’t take it ourselves) - perhaps that will get you where you need to go?

It probably depends upon how many days you want to spend in central Shanghai.

There is a "Disney" train station, but it's "close" to Disneyland itself (well, reasonably close). It's not close to either of the official hotels, so it's either a fairly long walk or a separate bus ride to and from your hotel.

We didn't travel into central Shanghai by train (just from the airport), but I'm not sure how easy and convenient it would be. We had a bit of trouble navigating the train system as they do some things differently to other countries we've visited (e.g. trains randomly starting to go in the opposite direction). But, it's an interesting experience, extremely cheap and allows you a glimpse into what living in China is really like.

I'm not a fan of changing hotels during a holiday if I don't have to. Are the Disney hotels close enough to stay in our whole time in Shanghai? (October 11-16)

We've decided not to do a split stay and will be staying at the Toy Story Hotel our whole time in Shanghai and attempting to take the metro into shanghai when we are not doing Disneyland. We will be visiting a few weeks after you so I can't give any feedback as to how feasible it is but would be curious how your experience ends up being and what you decided on.

I also did a split stay, because I hate a long transit back late at night more than switching hotels. It was no option to stay in the city and see the fireworks and get out of the park in a leisurely pace, as the subway back to the city goes quite early. And I didn't want to bother with taxis and running into the language barrier with chauffeurs, also especially not at night. A split stay was definitely the best option for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!