Disneyland Character Breakfast

Pbeh

Mouseketeer
First time going to Disneyland, have two kids, 6 and 9, we have done character breakfasts at wdw: cape may, tusker house, and the spinning chip and dale one at epcot (sorry name is escaping me). Enjoyed all 3. Looking for which character breakfasts (or dinners) that you enjoyed at DL for a recommendation.

We did both surfs up with Mickey and plaza inn breakfast with Minnie.

We really liked them both.

Surfs up has stitch, daisy, Minnie and Mickey. They had dance parties and the food was prettt good and of course some 1:1 time with Mickey. We did a late breakfast at 1050 so we had already enjoyed the park and rode rides and then at a brunch and headed back out.

Plaza inn is the only character dinning inside Disneyland park. We did a right at 7am one for a morning we didn’t have early entry and it worked out great to be inside the park early able to book fast passes via the app while having breakfast.. we were on our way to rides before rope drop since we were first in the restraunt the characters came by quickly. We saw eeyore, tigger, Minnie, captain hook

We have done Minnie's, Surf's Up, Goofy's Kitchen and Ariel's but I believe that one is now discontinued.

We did Surf's Up twice when our kids were younger and they enjoyed it. This is the only one where you'll find Mickey so of course it's a hit with the kids - and they have their surfing dance party every so many minutes - it's also the only one I think you can see Stitch.

We did both the breakfast and dinner at Goofy's and have never gone back - didn't like it at all - worst character interaction of all the ones we did. We even gave it a second chance and it's one of the more expensive ones.

Minnie's is the cheapest due to it's cafeteria format - you have to get up and get your own juice and coffee - it's very much college meal hall like. But the food is just as good as the other buffets and we found it to have the best interaction with the characters.

We used to opt for an opening seating on a day when the parks had early opening we didn't qualify for - and the kids would get great interaction with the characters being the first few groups in, but our last trip we went later in the morning after we'd enjoyed some early morning park time and it was by far our best experience to date. We have reservations to do that same thing this coming trip.

We would have tried Ariel's again but will just have to wait and see it's replacement.

We have done Storytellers and Plaza Inn with Minnie. We prefer breakfast with Minnie because of the number of characters. We were just there over New Years and saw Minnie, Chip, Dale, Max, Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Rafiki, Captian Hook, Peter Pan...I thimk that's it.

We did both the breakfast and dinner at Goofy's and have never gone back - didn't like it at all - worst character interaction of all the ones we did. We even gave it a second chance and it's one of the more expensive ones.

Can you elaborate on your experiences at Goofy's? We've done Minnie and Friends breakfast several times, Surf's Up with Mickey, and Ariel's Grotto. So, for our trip in June, we were thinking of trying Goofy's Kitchen. We've never had a bad experience at any of the other character dining places, and enjoyed them all very much.

Now you have me wondering about Goofy's Kitchen!

Can you elaborate on your experiences at Goofy's? We've done Minnie and Friends breakfast several times, Surf's Up with Mickey, and Ariel's Grotto. So, for our trip in June, we were thinking of trying Goofy's Kitchen. We've never had a bad experience at any of the other character dining places, and enjoyed them all very much.

Now you have me wondering about Goofy's Kitchen!

We only went twice so it could just be that we had bad luck. Also, Goofy's is a bit more money and once kids are 10 they have to pay for the full price and we really did not feel we got our money's worth out of it at all - we saw the least number of characters at any character breakfast those two trips to Goofy's and honestly the characters were not really the ones my kids were all that interested in meeting - so that is likely just our experience. I have read of others enjoying Goofy's so I figure it's very subjective.

For what it’s worth, we went to goofy’s for my daughter’s 4th birthday and we had a great experience. We even have the added stress of a peanut allergy (and there’s peanut butter and jelly pizza there) and they were great. We saw lots of characters and we didn’t feel rushed or anything.

We love the Minnie Breakfast in Disneyland so much that we’ve never done any of the other character breakfasts, we just keep doing that one. The location is nice, the food is ok, but the amount of characters is way higher than the other options and the quality of interaction is great AND they have some more rare characters there mix with the regulars, if you care about that sort of things. You can meet twice as many characters during a meal there than the other options :)

We just did dinner at Goofy's Kitchen and enjoyed it. I've never done another character breakfast before, so I have nothing to compare it to, but we had great characters: Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip, and Dale!

I wish the lighting were a little better because a lot of the photos are grainy but oh well. I found the interaction was just fine. It took a while got Minnie to get to our table but once we mentioned it to our server she made sure Minnie prioritized our table (it had been about an hour at that point).

We only went twice so it could just be that we had bad luck. Also, Goofy's is a bit more money and once kids are 10 they have to pay for the full price and we really did not feel we got our money's worth out of it at all - we saw the least number of characters at any character breakfast those two trips to Goofy's and honestly the characters were not really the ones my kids were all that interested in meeting - so that is likely just our experience. I have read of others enjoying Goofy's so I figure it's very subjective.

Thank you! I can see why you didn't really enjoy Goofy's Kitchen.

For what it’s worth, we went to goofy’s for my daughter’s 4th birthday and we had a great experience. We even have the added stress of a peanut allergy (and there’s peanut butter and jelly pizza there) and they were great. We saw lots of characters and we didn’t feel rushed or anything.

We just did dinner at Goofy's Kitchen and enjoyed it. I've never done another character breakfast before, so I have nothing to compare it to, but we had great characters: Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip, and Dale!

I wish the lighting were a little better because a lot of the photos are grainy but oh well. I found the interaction was just fine. It took a while got Minnie to get to our table but once we mentioned it to our server she made sure Minnie prioritized our table (it had been about an hour at that point).

Thanks for sharing your experiences at Goofy's Kitchen. I think we're going to give it a try, since we've done three of the other character dining experiences. I really think our grandson will enjoy this one, especially since he LOVES Goofy and Pluto. Our grandson (he's 4) is going through a spell where he thinks Mickey is creepy, so that's another reason I think he'll enjoy Goofy's Kitchen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!