Disneyland Hotel Deals

poodledogs55

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

I’m planning my second DLR trip (last one was in 2014). I stayed at CCI and was very happy with my stay, but I’m a WDW vet and am so used to being in the “bubble,” that I’d really like to stay at a DL hotel, ideally the DLH. The problem is, all the DL hotels are SO expensive! I usually stay deluxe at WDW and can always find deals (often convention rates through TAs), but am having trouble finding deals for DL hotels. I’ve looked into renting DVC points, which might be my best bet, but it’s still expensive ($350/night for Grand Californian and am planning 6-7 nights). Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find discounts? I have AAA if that matters and am coming from the East Coast.

ETA: Looking for January 2020 timeframe after New Years and before MLK

Thanks!!

They sometimes run 15% off weeknight sales. And nobody knows if they'll even do that for a while after SWL opens. Honestly though, $350/night is a deal these days for those locations. The problem is that DLR only has 3 hotels compared with WDW's 25 or more.

I got a $356/night rate (which I think they run the first quarter of the year frequently, if I'm not mistaken) this past February at the DLH, but that was for a Sunday through Wednesday stay (I think the promotion was Sun-Thurs), but with Galaxy's Edge opening soon, that may change the offers going forward. I made a thread and was told unanimously that this was a good rate and, since I'd already planned a beginning of the week trip to DLR, I booked right away, changing our plans from a good neighbor hotel that we frequently stay at.

$350 for GCH sounds really good, tbh.

They sometimes run 15% off weeknight sales. And nobody knows if they'll even do that for a while after SWL opens. Honestly though, $350/night is a deal these days for those locations. The problem is that DLR only has 3 hotels compared with WDW's 25 or more.

Thank you! Yes, that makes sense. I guess the hotels are more in demand since there are fewer of them.

I got a $356/night rate (which I think they run the first quarter of the year frequently, if I'm not mistaken) this past February at the DLH, but that was for a Sunday through Wednesday stay (I think the promotion was Sun-Thurs), but with Galaxy's Edge opening soon, that may change the offers going forward. I made a thread and was told unanimously that this was a good rate and, since I'd already planned a beginning of the week trip to DLR, I booked right away, changing our plans from a good neighbor hotel that we frequently stay at.

$350 for GCH sounds really good, tbh.

Thank you! Yep, it's definitely the best I can find. I don't make it out to DL very often, so I'll probably end up going for it.

As the previous posters said, $350.00 a night for VGC is a really great rate. If I were you I would jump on that quickly. If you wait to long to decide the points you’re trying to rent will be snapped up by someone else & you’ll miss your chance.

Hi Everyone,

I’m planning my second DLR trip (last one was in 2014). I stayed at CCI and was very happy with my stay, but I’m a WDW vet and am so used to being in the “bubble,” that I’d really like to stay at a DL hotel, ideally the DLH. The problem is, all the DL hotels are SO expensive! I usually stay deluxe at WDW and can always find deals (often convention rates through TAs), but am having trouble finding deals for DL hotels. I’ve looked into renting DVC points, which might be my best bet, but it’s still expensive ($350/night for Grand Californian and am planning 6-7 nights). Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find discounts? I have AAA if that matters and am coming from the East Coast.

ETA: Looking for January 2020 timeframe after New Years and before MLK

Thanks!!

I would jump on thet DVC rate in a heartbeat as the cloesst you may get to that is the dapper day or gay days rates when they are out but that is very specific dates/times. I've stayed at the DLH for more than that and havent had the opportunity to stay at GCH yet and would take it if you change your mind haha. AAA no longer offers discounts for the onsite hotels unfortunately. I would book early to lock it in and if you have the chance to think about and change it later if needed.

I would jump on thet DVC rate in a heartbeat as the cloesst you may get to that is the dapper day or gay days rates when they are out but that is very specific dates/times. I've stayed at the DLH for more than that and havent had the opportunity to stay at GCH yet and would take it if you change your mind haha. AAA no longer offers discounts for the onsite hotels unfortunately. I would book early to lock it in and if you have the chance to think about and change it later if needed.

Thanks! The only thing that makes me a little hesitant to immediately jump on it is you will lose money if you cancel or change your dates with DVC rentals. There is an insurance package you can buy that reduces the financial loss, but honestly, I think I’m going to do it. I’m a bit Disney World-ed out lol and am ready to head back to DLR!

I agree that renting DVC is a good idea; definitely get some travel insurance just in case!

We are DVC members who stayed at VGC for the first time this past January and we LOVED it. DH never wants to stay anywhere else. We were sitting down to plan some future vacations this weekend, and he was concerned about when we would fit another Disneyland trip to stay at VGC again. He has become a real GCH/VGC snob. I can never let him stay club level anywhere or he'll get even worse!

That's a great rate for GCH! I understand how you would hesitate with the cancellation policy, but it's a good deal and a wonderful hotel. Personally, I wouldn't even bother with PPH because IMO it's so much less than either DLH or GCH as a Disney hotel (it was not originally a Disney property). With the rate you got for GCH, I'd definitely choose it over PPH.

Thanks everyone!! I asked the TA to go ahead and book. I reduced down to 6 nights and the rate came out to even a little less! Just waiting to hear back from her to make sure everything is still available. Fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter