Disneyland Hotel Paris

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
Hi planning a trip to DLP and looking at the Disneyland hotel. This is the one right at the entrance correct? Saw some YouTube videos and it looks beautiful.
Anyone stay there can chime in?
Any extra perks for staying there ?

Yes, this is the hotel directly above the park entrance. As it has only just re-opened after a two year (possibly more?) complete refurbishment, there aren't a whole lot of recent trip reports about it yet; most comments will be from people who stayed there prior to the refit.

Apart from the incredibly convenient location (even more so at night when you're on tired legs after a full day of walking round the park and want to get back to your room ASAP!) the standard rooms don't have many extra perks over a room at any other of the Disney hotels, so given how expensive it can be in comparison to stay there, you might find your money goes further elsewhere. But if it's a once in a lifetime trip, then the temptation to splurge is always there! The only thing I can think of is that the on-site restaurants are supposed to be exclusive to guests staying at the hotel, whereas other hotel restaurants can be visited by everyone.

The higher categories of rooms (Deluxe, Castle Club, Suites in that order) do have extra perks on top of the standard rooms, including things like lounge access, free breakfasts or afternoon tea, extra characters, exclusive entrance to the park, etc. depending on what level you stay at. For more details, I'd look at https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-gb/hotels/disneyland-hotel.

I am on my way back from Paris now . We had Castle Club TPV room with 2 beds! Truly magical! It felt like our room was on Main St !

I’ll post lots next week when I get settled but here’s a few.

Our room in red circle ! Elevator down to park entrance! Loved that .

However it’s just steps away for the deluxe and superior rooms .

Also walked to
the other Disney resorts and they are just past Disney Village , around a lake . IMG_3229.jpegIMG_3280.jpegIMG_3294.jpegIMG_3355.jpegIMG_3368.jpegIMG_3386.jpegIMG_3426.jpegIMG_3445.jpeg

We're booked to stay here in a few weeks time in a regular room.

There are a couple of benefits for staying at the Disneyland Hotel which I hadn't heard of until after we booked. These included:

being able to book a table at the 2 hotel restaurants (currently only available to hotel guests). (both are character dining (one Mickey & Friends and one Princesses)
Ability to book "My Royal Dream" - Princess hair & Makeup experience (currently only available to hotel guests).
Complementary Royal Encounter - private meet & greet with a Disney princess
Not sure we (wife and I) will make use of these benefits but i'm sure many will really appreciate them

We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel in April. We had a TPV Castle Club room reserved but...

...they upgraded us to the Beauty and the Beast themed Princely suite. I have never been so pixie dusted before. Seriously ruined for Disney hotels for life now 😂. I'll have to see if I can figure out how to share photos.

I've stayed at the Sequoia before and enjoyed my time there very much, but the advantage to the Disneyland Hotel is the location. You can't beat walking out the door and into Disneyland, with the Studios/Adventure park not far away. While there is an elevator for Castle Club guests, we found the entrance for general hotel guests was much faster, especially at rope drope.

The hotel is very pretty; we didn't spend as much time exploring as we should have, perhaps, because we wanted to spend what time we had at the hotel enjoying that once in a lifetime room. The pool looked very popular and we were tempted by the spa and its services.

We didn't eat at the hotel's buffet but we had an amazing time at the Table de Lumiere restaurant; the characters at our dinner were Belle and Prince Adam, Cinderella and Prince Charming, and Aurora and Prince Philip. The character interactions were some of the best I've had at a Disney theme park. They were all so incredibly charming and fun to talk to. So access to the restaurant is also a perk I recommend, depending on how much you like fancy sit down dining.

We took advantage of the Castle Club perks such as breakfast with princesses and a full (and delicious) spread at tea time, but didn't use any other perks.

One thing to keep in mind if you want to use Uber is that they don't allow Uber to pick up at the hotel; they told us to walk to the train station to get our car. We were going back to Paris so we just ended up taking the RER, which was very easy.

Our package was for three days, two nights. We wanted to take advantage of a full day in the parks, so we spent the night before at Hotel l'Elysee Val d'Europe which we found very comfortable; there's a free shuttle bus that stops at three hotels in the areas that takes you to the parks and we used it to go to Disney Village for dinner. We took a taxi service arranged by the hotel the next morning as we wanted to arrive to drop luggage off at the Disneyland Hotel before the shuttle service started; that maximized our time and saved us spending a pricey third night.

One thing to keep in mind if you want to use Uber is that they don't allow Uber to pick up at the hotel; they told us to walk to the train station to get our car. We were going back to Paris so we just ended up taking the RER, which was very easy.
Pro-tip: easier is to go to the south end (next to Vaipiano in Disney Village) to get dropped off/picked up by an Uber. The train station is usually very busy and slows down the cars.
Also, when coming in, this security check point is much quieter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter