Disneyland Information

bubba73

Disney is not only a place but a state of mind. Th
I am looking for information about Disneyland. I have the opportunity to be able to go out to California, about 30 miles away, the first of October and I am very much wanting to take some time out to go to the park. I have never been there but have been to WDW over 20 times. I may only have 5 or 6 hours to visit the park. Should I do the original Disneyland park or should I do the California Adventure? (Please don't flame me for this) Should I skip this park and try to give Six Flags Magic Mountain or Knott's Berry Farms a try instead? I would LOVE :love: to be able to get in 2 parks if I can but I don't think I will have time. Any advice will be very welcomed.

Thanks!!

:love: ::MickeyMo :love:

It all depends on what you are looking for. Disneyland is very much like WDW Magic Kingdom and DCA has bigger thrill rides. (although California Screamin is currently down following an accident.) I believe if you went on a week day you could do a little of both parks. You can also hold fast passes in each park as they are independant of each other. The highlights of DL would be pirates and haunted. They are completely different here then at WDW. In DCA, I would go for tower and soarin. As for the shows, in DL there is Billy Hill and the Hillbillies (cute comedy act) and at DCA there is the live Aladdin show that is very good. My pic for restaurant is Blue Bayou at DL (located inside the pirates ride, good food) and for DCA The Trattoria (their chicken alfredo lasanga is to die for.) You can make ressies for each of these restaurants at 714-781-dine.

As for Six Flags, I have only gone on the weekend and it is usually very crowded (2+ hour waits for rides and as of 2 yrs ago you had to pay extra for their version of fast pass and it was only good for 4 ride. not sure if that has changed.) I do not know if it is less crowded during the week.

Hope this help you with your decision. Have a good trip.

Thank you Nickole for your help!! Does anyone else have any suggestions or recommendations? Which park is better? I love Soarin at WDW!! Is it the same as the one at California Adventure? I have been told there are some differences. Should I just pay the money and try to do both parks? I have already done WDW this year and had an absolutely wonderful trip. I can't believe I will be out there on the West Coast to be able to go to the Original Mickey Park. How busy it will it be at the end of September?

Thanks for any help!!

Bubba
On :cloud9: flying to California to see ::MickeyMo :cool1: :banana:

With only 5-6 hours, I would do Disneyland. Try to ride Buzz, Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion, Pirates (if it is open), and Matterhorn. Other than that, ride whatever rides have short lines that interest you or just walk around and enjoy the ambience of Disneyland.

I would probably agree with karylrocks since you won't have time to do nearly everything worth doing, although the recommendations might be affected by when you are going. What day, and how early will you be able to get to the parks? Midweek and early in the day, it's possible to do a lot in 5 hours. Weekend evenings you might be able to catch the 50th fireworks show at DL.

DCA is fun, but not as special as DL. It does have Soaring, ToT, and Grizzly River Run, all at least similar to rides you've done at WDW. Aladdin is a great show, but I believe it will be dark Mon. & Tues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter