DISNEYLAND Logistics of going in large group (14) with 5 ECVs

fairy8i8

Spread the Magic!
Hi All,

We are going to Disneyland Dec. 18-20 for 3 days! I have been previously in a manual wheelchair with my son, who was 5 at the time with no problem. My parents, sister, and her friend all went last November using scooters with 4 children and loved it (8 people total). This year we are going together! And we have new additions to the family, so our group is a whopping 14! It includes:

DH, me (will be using ecv this trip since everyone else is), DS8 - we have all been to Disneyland before

NEW additions! 3 foster boys 6, 2, and will be 6 months in Dec. (3 months now). They have never been to Disneyland. DH will be carrying baby in a bjorn with back support, and wielding a double stroller, so all 3 will have a ride if stamina is an issue or if they need respite from sensory overload. DH wheeled me all around WDW for 5 days nonstop. He doesn't have a problem carrying/strollering, and has a ton of stamina, so no worries about him tiring early.

My mom and dad, both on ecv's

My sister (on ecv), her kids- 11, 10, 4 - all been to Disneyland before

Sister's friend (on ecv) and grandchild - been to Disneyland before

Anyone have experience in Disneyland with a large group of scooters? The kids are well behaved. I just want to know if we can experience Fantasyland rides together, as almost all of them have alternate boarding procedures for people in wheelchairs and scooters. I know there is a limit to how many ecv riders they can accept at one time, but we really would like to ride most of the kiddie rides together, as those are the only rides we can all do, and really a main reason why we come to Disneyland. We love that you can ride with your kids and grand kids! 3 of the 5 ecv riders are using them for stamina issues, and can park and walk a little ways. 2 will need more immediate transfer.

I just want to know if we can experience Fantasyland rides together, as almost all of them have alternate boarding procedures for people in wheelchairs and scooters.
Possibly, but probably not. The limit on mobility device users is due to potential evacuation.

For each ride, have the 2 that need it go to the ride in the ecvs while the others park and walk? It will be challenging for sure! Maybe spend more time doing shows and parades together (there are so many amazing ones!!) and split up a bit more for rides? Everyday will certainly take more time.

I think you will have a problem with Alice in Wonderland as the enter-thru-the-exit area is narrow and they only allow a couple of ECVs in at a time. Actually, I foresee issues with all the Fantasyland rides for the same reason.

Most of the Fantasyland rides only allow 1 or many 2 wheelchair/ECV users on at a time. So you will need to pwlan around this.

Actually for many rides in the park, you will need to plan on 2 wheelchair users on at a time being the max.

For Haunted Mansion, they only allow 3 wheelchairs or ECVs in the building at all at a time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter