DisneyLAND marathon 2006

DH signed up, too!!!! I am going to do the 5K - he will do the half. We figured it was only fair since I already have a Donald half medal. Plus, I'm planning on doing the Minnie 15K and the Danskin. (We have DS who will be 3.5 when we go.) We are sooooo excited!!!! We've never been to California. DH's too cute - already figuring out how many days, what areas, etc. for anything we ever wanted to do. (It is doubtful we would go back in the foreseeable future...) So who has been to DL? Who can I ask all of my questions to?? :teeth: We're going to DISNEYLAND!!!!! :banana:

Hey, was just pointed to this thread.......my DH is registered for the half marathon ( he has run 4 ) my DD and I are doing the 5 K :)
We all need lime green shirts !

geetey said:
crzy4pooh - what is the Minnie15K? Is that a Disney run?

Disney is having a Minnie Marathon Weekend - WDW's inaugural women's event. It will have a 1 mile and 5K on Saturday, May 6, 2006 that goes around Downtown Disney. Then on Sunday, May 7, 2006, they have a 15K that goes through Animal Kingdom, Wide World of Sports, MGM, Boardwalk area, and EPCOT. Here's a link:
http://disneyworldsports.disney.go....MinnieMarathonWeekendEventInfoEventDetailPage

If you are interested, the following weekend will be the Danskin triathlon (women only). It's actually one of the shortest tri's. You swim 400 yards, bike 12 miles, and run 2 miles. It starts and ends on the beach on front of the Magic Kingdom, and the run is through the castle and down main street. The race is set for Sunday, May 14th (Mother's Day). I volunteered for it last year, and saw people of all sizes and abilities. It is a fundraiser for breast cancer research, and the first wave of swimmers are all of the survivors.

We've been talking a little about both races on the Marathon training thread if you want to read some other comments. Several of us are planning on doing both events. I'd love to see you there! :teeth:

Lisa loves Pooh said:
We ask hubby.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Just kidding!

I've already taken all his money :rolleyes1 If he would just get that 2nd job, I told him the gas station up the street has a $500 hiring bonus :rotfl:

crzy4pooh said:
...DH's too cute - already figuring out how many days, what areas, etc. for anything we ever wanted to do. (It is doubtful we would go back in the foreseeable future...) So who has been to DL? Who can I ask all of my questions to?? :teeth: We're going to DISNEYLAND!!!!! :banana:
This event is getting pretty exciting! Hopefully, I'll get to meet some of youo DISers at the race. You should check out the DIS Disneyland thread for more info on Disneyland and Southern California in general. You'll find a bunch of useful from some of the DL veterans...

Thanks for the info! I did the half last year, so I haven't been following the training threads. The Disneyland half has caught my eye however. I am going to have to do some figuring and thinking about this Minnie 15K!

For those who are doing the DL half marathon, DW came up with a clippie for it. Let us know what you think.

Disneyland2006HalfClippiecopy.jpg

Here is the link for the clippie if anyone else wants to use it. As usual, the last bracket needs to be modified to a ] to get the picture.

IMG}

wfloyd said:
Here is the link for the clippie if anyone else wants to use it. As usual, the last bracket needs to be modified to a ] to get the picture.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/crzy4pooh/Disneyland2006HalfClippiecopy.jpg[/IMG}[/QUOTE]

I need to edit the clippie url. I should have saved them as gif files, not jpeg files - SORRY!!! :blush: Here is the correct clippie and url...

[IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/crzy4pooh/Disneyland2006HalfClippiecopy.gif
IMG}

I registered! Yeah 1/5th of The Original Team Canada - now I just need to keep working on the Ontario girls!

I will be on my own, my DH can't make it and my girlfriend who was going to run with me, can't make it either.

But I am looking forward to it.

Rachael

Hey all - so busy on the WDW marathon thread been ignoring this one. Crazy4Pooh, I'm also registered for this one, and have been to DL a few times and am possibly nipping to Downtown Disney(land) in December for an evening instead of sitting in our hotel in LAX so might be able to answer any questions! Rachael - see you're going to OZ soon -whereabouts? Helen

littlegreydonkey said:
Crazy4Pooh, I'm also registered for this one, and have been to DL a few times and am possibly nipping to Downtown Disney(land) in December for an evening instead of sitting in our hotel in LAX so might be able to answer any questions!

Thanks!!! We are still in the basic planning stages right now, but do have a few questions. Have you stayed at the DL hotels? We are deciding between Grand California and Disneyland. I've read everything I can find on the DL board, and we are probably leaning toward GC, but wonder if the DLH might be a better atmosphere for our 2 year old. Also, does anyone know anything about the animal park that is with the San Diego Zoo? Yea - I'm getting so excited about going to Disneyland!! I guess I should focus on the marathon training first, though, since that is only a couple months away... :rolleyes1

Thanks again!!!

Rachael Q said:
I registered! Yeah 1/5th of The Original Team Canada - now I just need to keep working on the Ontario girls!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Hooray ... there's our Canadian contingent !!! It's not the Ontario GIRLS you have to work on, it'd be my DH ! Something about us really not having the money for me to travel to California for yet another medal :rolleyes1

If I had the cash, I would have registered on October 1st ! ::yes::

I'm soooo happy that some of the original 2005 WISH team are doing this. It's the next best thing to being there, knowing some friends will be.

MaryLiz

hey Maryliz I will convince your DH.......if he feels someone trying to mess with his thoughts, that's me! (only kidding).

Helen, we will be spending most of the time in Tasmania, and then a quick trip to Melbourne and Sydney to catch up with friends before heading back to Vancouver.

crzy4pooh said:
Thanks!!! We are still in the basic planning stages right now, but do have a few questions. Have you stayed at the DL hotels? We are deciding between Grand California and Disneyland. I've read everything I can find on the DL board, and we are probably leaning toward GC, but wonder if the DLH might be a better atmosphere for our 2 year old. Also, does anyone know anything about the animal park that is with the San Diego Zoo? Yea - I'm getting so excited about going to Disneyland!! I guess I should focus on the marathon training first, though, since that is only a couple months away... :rolleyes1

Thanks again!!!
As you may have guessed, the GCH is a lot like the WL @ WDW. My family have stayed at both and both have good things about them. We like the GCH because it's located right in the middle of DTD. Plus, there's and entrance into DCA from the GCH. For us, though, we feel that the DLH captures more of that "magic"...even though it's a bit older hotel. Both resorts have character dining but it's only breakfast at the GCH whereas the DLH has breakfast, lunch, dinner. Pools for both hotels are nice. But, again, DLH gets the nod from our kids. They dig the theme and the water slide. You can't go wrong with either resort. If you do plan to stay there, I would suggest doing some price checking around now. Some of the popular discounts have been found by booking through AAA.

If you go to the San Diego Zoo, be prepared to walk some good size hills. So, make sure you have a good pair of walking shoes. Otherwise, take the guided tour on the tram for a less strenuous day at the zoo. We haven't done the San Diego Wild Animal Park in a while so I can't comment on that. However, we go to Sea World a couple of times a year. It's a lot like the Florida counterpart so you may recognize somethings there.

Let me know if this helps any or if you would like further info...

lap3 said:
Let me know if this helps any or if you would like further info...

THanks so much!!!! :goodvibes That does help alot! We have stayed at WL and AKL, which I understand are similar to GCH. I can't really picture DLH because I don't have anything to compare it to. Is there anything at WDW like it? We have looked at pricing a bit, and are still waiting on the quote for Disney Sports (the one on the entry form you check for a price quote.) We will definitely check AAA, too. It's so hard to figure out plans - we want to do everything because I doubt we will get back anytime soon, but don't want it to be stressful for DS. But we're sooooo excited!!!!!! :banana: Thanks again!!! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts