Disneyland Paris Half 2017

How many race days??
Weird that the expo was on Thursday then 1st race Saturday..
Two races 5K and Half marathon unless they add a 10K and challenge next year. This expo was held in a temporary structure and this was the first year of the race. Paris doesn't necessarily have to do the same things the US does.

Two races 5K and Half marathon unless they add a 10K and challenge next year. This expo was held in a temporary structure and this was the first year of the race. Paris doesn't necessarily have to do the same things the US does.

The expo change was (one of) the first tip offs that wine and dine was adding a challenge, if I recall correctly...this would be awesome if true! DL Paris half is on my bucket list!

Has anyone seen any info yet on booking start date? I haven't found anything anywhere. For the 2016 race, booking started in early October of 2015 and we are now past that time frame.

I'm patiently waiting to hear some more details. The packages did seem to open rather early and there was a scramble for the non-package registrations in February.

Thanks jeanigor; I had not seen the brochure.

My wife and I are seriously considering the DLP half marathon. We've never been to DLP. I've read a little on the DIS, but I am not clear on whether it is better to book a package now or wait for the packages to come out with the race bibs. If I understand correctly, it is better to book now (or ahead of time) if we want to stay at a partner hotel, and then try for a bib-only registration, but it is better to wait for the race bib packages to come out if we want to stay at a Disney hotel. Is that right? I also got the impression that it is better for us in the U.S. to use a UK travel agent rather than a U.S. agent. Is that right too? (So much to figure out!)

For our situation (travel party size, length of stay, etc.) it was more economical to book separately. We have friends that did book the Disney bib package as well. One thing that booking the bib package assures is entry. If we would not have been able to secure our entry when it was opened to the general registration, we would have simply planned our trip to DLP later this year.
One thing that I have consistently read is to check the DLP site in different countries, as the offers can and do vary greatly. If you are planning on staying at a Disney hotel, then you need to wait until they offer their bib package, as they may not offer a transfer of an existing reservation to the bib package.
This race was the catalyst that finally got me to jump the Atlantic. I fell in love with DLP, even though so much of it is under refurbishment currently. Already planning a trip for the next long holiday weekend to see it again.

Thanks. I am guessing we will stay in a Disney hotel, but certainly haven't decided yet. It would help a lot to know whether the free extra nights offer for early booking that is in the brochure will be offered with the bib packages. We would be interested in this as I think we might stay 4 (or 5) nights so that we can deal with the jet lag the first day (we will fly straight from U.S. to CDG and transfer straight to DLP), have time in the parks on a couple of days before and/or after the race, and have one day for the race. Any thoughts on whether the bib packages will include this free nights offer?

@rafiki - We're flying to DLP from the states for this race as well.

Here is what i have learned in all my research so far:
The Disney France website has the best deal currently, but only shows dates through March.
The next best deal is found on the UK site and you can book for the race weekend.

Of courses, these are park packages only since registration hasn't opened yet.

People have reported that you can book a package straight on that site by just leaving the country field alone, but I'm not sure how that works with address verification on your credit card.
I do know that people have just called the WDW reservation line and asked to be transferred to DLP Reservations. This saves them from incurring international phone charges. They have also told the agent about the deal they saw on xx's country site and they have honored that deal.

Sports Travel Agents I know of so far:
https://www.sportstoursinternational.co.uk/events/disneyland-paris-half-marathon/ (Have yet to hear if they can book packages for US folks)
http://gettravel.com/events/dlhmparis/
http://www.gomagicalmiles.com/disneyland-paris

UK Travel Agents:
http://www.magicbreaks.co.uk/
http://www.parismagicmoments.co.uk/
http://www.disneyholidays.co.uk/

The benefit of booking with a travel agency is you can place a deposit down vs paying for the whole vacation all at once.

I haven't contacted any of the agencies yet, but I have heard some US people just pay in that company's currency and haven't had an issue. Being new to foreign travel, I wasn't aware that some banks charge a fee for foreign currency transactions. I made some phone calls and found that my Debit Card charges me a 3% fee, but one of my credit cards doesn't charge a fee at all! Guess which one I'll be using for this trip?! lol

While I want the best deal, it makes me nervous to wait for a package that includes bibs to come out. I'd rather just book my bib to ensure I have it and look at the best deals for non-bib packages.

I did a dummy reservation with Get Sports Travel this morning for the DL TinkerBell Weekend and even without the bib, the offsite hotel and park tickets were deeply discounted.

Last edited:
I should also say, I am intently watching the France website because their current offer has kids under 12 for free, whereas the UK site limits it to age 7. My son will turn 7 just before we go!

Thanks for the info ColoradoLime. I have a bit of OCD when it comes to travel planning. I really hate to wait for a bib package and potentially miss out on the discounts. On the other hand, I read about the frenzy last year to be online right at the registration opening for bib-only registration. And our DLP trip is planned for the run, so I don't want to have hotel, etc., reservations and not be able to run. If the cancellation policies were liberal, I'd book a package now and then cancel it if and when I am able to get a race registration package, but the policies don't seem helpful that way. Analysis paralysis!

I see from your signature that you are planning on the Newport Bay Club. Any particular reasons why?

I just had some friends confirm that the race packages for 2016 did not include any special booking offer. They said the only benefit was a guaranteed bib. They also said the package included a lower number of park tickets than you would normally get.

So that tells me that it's better to book a package on your own or go through a sports travel agency.

We're staying at newport as a process of elimination. We want to stay onsite at a nice property but can't afford The Disneyland Hotel. We've been to New York City and are from the mountains so wanting a different experience that eliminated The New York Hotel and Sequoia Lodge.

That left us with Newport!

For those from America, I went through Get travel which was an exceptional experience. It took care of everything (tickets, hotel, etc) The Inaugural run was great that it didn't focus all on the Expo. In fact there was a couple of shirts, mugs and pins that were available. It was great not having to wait 2 hours to run around looking for merchandise and just enjoy the parks. I know this will change, but the parks and experience was soooo much different than a run disney event in the states.

@nintz - I've been looking at Get Sports. How did your travel package compare to the offers Disney had posted?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!