Disneyland Paris Half 2017

Nothing that says Castle to Chateau but I have a single voucher that says 31K rather than separate 10K and 21K vouchers, so I take that as a good sign.

Last year for Castle to Chateau there was a separate booth at the expo that we needed to attend and show our proof of the other event completed and received a wrist band to wear the day of the half to collect our medal at the finish.

Last year for Castle to Chateau there was a separate booth at the expo that we needed to attend and show our proof of the other event completed and received a wrist band to wear the day of the half to collect our medal at the finish.

Did you have to bring the same proof of completion that you used when you registered, or were they able to look it up?

I'm officially in for this race after finally booking my flights to Paris (talk about last minute, was debating whether I should skip it altogether then finally decided to just go ahead)!

Is there a DIS meet? :)

I'm officially in for this race after finally booking my flights to Paris (talk about last minute, was debating whether I should skip it altogether then finally decided to just go ahead)!

Is there a DIS meet? :)

I don't think we've planned one yet. I'm going to one with a Facebook group on Thursday at 5pm in the Sports Bar in Disney Springs, I know there are a few people on here going to that one so maybe we combine the two? It's handy time as it's right after the expo..

I'm running the 10k and the Half. I ran the 5k and the Half last year and I hope there's as many great meet n greets this time round, love the fact that I got to meet Roger Rabbit with no queue!

Interesting info on the 10K/Half challenge... you pick up your wristband at the finish line of the 10K? Is that right? But you get your Castle to Chateau wristband at the expo.

Looks like there’s more photospots on the 10k than the 21k.
For people who ran last year, are there lots of queues for these? I bought the Photopass and want to get the most out of it.

I’m going the full monty: 5, 10, 21k, party @ studios with dinner at Rémy and pasta party at New Port Bay :D
So excited for my first 21k and RunDisney event!

I don't think we've planned one yet. I'm going to one with a Facebook group on Thursday at 5pm in the Sports Bar in Disney Springs, I know there are a few people on here going to that one so maybe we combine the two? It's handy time as it's right after the expo..

I'm up for that! If anyone else is going :)

Interesting info on the 10K/Half challenge... you pick up your wristband at the finish line of the 10K? Is that right? But you get your Castle to Chateau wristband at the expo.
Why should you get your 10K/HM Challenge wristband at the Expo? You get it at the finishline of the 10k, to prove the other day, after the HM, that you have ran the 10K ;)

Why should you get your 10K/HM Challenge wristband at the Expo? You get it at the finishline of the 10k, to prove the other day, after the HM, that you have ran the 10K ;)

Well, at the US races you get both wristbands at the expo, BUT the 10K races are timed in the US. Once I realized that the 10K in Paris isn't timed, it made more sense.

Good luck to everyone! We are flying out to CDG tomorrow morning.

I'm feeling a little upset and downbeat. Have been excited and training for the half marathon all year. About a month ago I did *something* to my right leg (upper thigh / ITB band). It's still not right, despite a number of physio sessions. Tried a 10KM run at the weekend and it was a little uncomfortable. I managed to finish but it wasn't enjoyable. I'm determined to finish the half marathon and just praying I'll get through it pain-free!

Saw on FB that they ran out of medals. Yikes... I don't remember them having that problem last year.

Saw on FB that they ran out of medals. Yikes... I don't remember them having that problem last year.
I saw that too! Hope all of our 5K’ers got their medals!

Apparently after they ran out of kids race medals they gave some of the kids half marathon medals...?!

I'm so excited about tomorrow! I've been training for this event for a year. I've heard about their running out of medals. For once I can honestly say I couldn't care less about a medal, just finishing my first half will be SUCH an accomplishment and SUCH a joy. I cried this morning thinking about it. runDisney got me into running last year and I've been absolutely loving training three times a week each week (even while on holiday!) I'm proud of myself and I can't wait for tomorrow! Good luck everyone!

I saw that too! Hope all of our 5K’ers got their medals!

Apparently after they ran out of kids race medals they gave some of the kids half marathon medals...?!

Saw all that on FB too!

Very quick recap, currently on my phone in McDonald's in Disney village

5K - started late, most people were in corral C which was the last one. Only started running at 8.45 or so where I was, the first runners started around 8.10-8.15 or so. Course mainly through WDS. Was great to have CMs cheering along the way at the start, especially the crush coaster guys who had signs saying just keep running. But then it hit the studio tour area which was very dark and there was no entertainment at that point. Got better after it went back into WDS where it ended.

10K - started right on time at 7. Overall this felt much better organised than the 5K. I think they put everyone doing the challenge into corral B! Course was fantastic, a lot of park time in Disneyland and WDS, with rare characters too. Again the CMs along the route were great, cheering everyone on.

The food box for both races was actually very decent (besides the fact that apparent it ran out for the 5K)!

About medals running out, it wouldn't surprise me if some people had gotten more than one given how the end of the race was set up...

Anyway, it appears I have now caught a cold (I blame everyone coughing on me everywhere last couple of days) so not sure how the half marathon tomorrow is going to go. I'll be really annoyed if I actually do the whole thing with a cold and don't get a medal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!