Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Weekend 2018

Ok, so debatable soap/shampoo, but a definite no on conditioner? (I’ve been growing my hair out for 1.5 years for my Rapunzel costume, I need a lot of conditioner ::yes::)

I find that most places I've stayed at in Europe do not have conditioner available in the rooms but you can ask and they usually will have something depending on the level of the hotel. This is almost always been my experience over the years in Paris. That said, I've never actually stayed on site so I don't know what the hotels offer.

Where are the promised bib emails?!

I'm pretty sure I was already in France when they finally came through last year... course maps as well. I had to get them to print my stuff at the door to the expo, which was a pain, because I had to log into my account to access the vouchers and I wasn't sure I was remembering my password (I always use auto login).... the French keyboards made typing in a password an adventure as well: the keys were in all the wrong places and the screen only showed asterisks, so I had no idea if I was typing the right thing, lol.

I'm pretty sure I was already in France when they finally came through last year... course maps as well. I had to get them to print my stuff at the door to the expo, which was a pain, because I had to log into my account to access the vouchers and I wasn't sure I was remembering my password (I always use auto login).... the French keyboards made typing in a password an adventure as well: the keys were in all the wrong places and the screen only showed asterisks, so I had no idea if I was typing the right thing, lol.
Haha.... I had the same issue with those French keyboards before... Lol

*sigh* Same boat as other people, as I've now reached France before the bib emails.

You know, as a Northeasterner I normally consider myself laid back and then I travel to other countries. Who'd a thunk that releasing things on a timely schedule makes you type A? Maybe a suggestion for next year is they outsource all communications to the Germans!

Safe travels everyone and see you at the races!

The rundisney france account where you submitted your medical certificate, etc, I Presume

Ugh. That medical certificate submission stressed me out so much. I signed up really late and never got a notification/link about where to finish the sign up. Nothing even telling me to log in on the website. I only noticed that you could log in because I was looking at other merch.

I had emailed them 3 times asking about submitting the certificate and crickets.

Now I’m worried about getting any other forms.

I just logged on to my account, but no traditional information yet, but 5 seconde later I receive the next email from Disney.

Bib number voucher available beginning next week. You need the voucher and value photo id to pick up your kit. Where and how to pick up and what to do if your registration was incomplete.

For those of you that have completed races at Disneyland Paris before does the below restriction include runners belts? Or are those an exception like the flask belts?

“You will be given a deposit bag when you collect your bib. It will be mandatory to use this bag to store personal belongings on the day of the race. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Due to security checks, each bag will be controlled upon your arrival at Disneyland® Paris. We suggest that you do not bring any unnecessary articles with you, and avoid valuables.
WARNING: No other bag will be accepted during the race, for safety reasons. Flask-belts will be allowed.“

For those of you that have completed races at Disneyland Paris before does the below restriction include runners belts? Or are those an exception like the flask belts?

.“

I ran with a belt last year. I'm pretty sure they're just saying that for security purposes you can't leave anything laying around. If you're not running with it, it has to go in the gEar Bag.

@iannovich, thanks. With all of the ever changing security rules in the states I had my fingers crossed they were allowed last year.

For anyone flying out of the states this week, be prepared for TSA to require that all electronics larger than a phone be removed from your carry on bag and placed in a bin for screening. In some airports they are now also requiring that all food in your carryon also be removed and placed in a bin for screening too. Precheck did not save me from those headaches at O’Hare a few weeks ago.

For anyone flying out of the states this week, be prepared for TSA to require that all electronics larger than a phone be removed from your carry on bag and placed in a bin for screening. In some airports they are now also requiring that all food in your carryon also be removed and placed in a bin for screening too. Precheck did not save me from those headaches at O’Hare a few weeks ago.

And for those who will spend a few more days/weeks in Europe and travel by plane, above is pretty the normal standard within Europe. Laptops and tablets for sure in a bin, no sleeve/cover, and it's wise to also take out other electronic devices. They can draw attention to the security camera if they are hidden at the bottom of your bag. And don't you worry, the rules for electronics and liquids are pretty much regulated within European airports, however the questions on shoes on/off, taking off your fitbit etc. really differs per airport and sometimes per security guard ;-)

I just did my last long training run, 18K, the last 3K was pushing it with walk-run-walk-run, but I made it and I'm actually quite happy. I did it in just under 2h (1.57) and that means I should be able to break my record of last year (2.32) for sure. But it depends on the character stops by how much :)
My strategy is the same as last year, only stop for unique/favourite characters or if there is no line. Last year I met Alice on the way back entering the park area again. She is quite easy to meet in DLP and not a favourite of mine, but she was there, being bored, so I hopped by for a picture.
I'm not a Marvel fan, so I think for the 5K there won't be a lot of characters I'd like. But for the 10K and the Half... I love my villains! I fear a lot of stops! ;-)

Decided in the end against costumes, I couldn't come up with anything good, I'm terrible with a sewing machine, and don't have the money right now to buy it on Etsy or something.[/user]

Last edited:
We fly out tomorrow afternoon. I’m not holding my breath that the waiver email will be in by then, so how long is the line at the printer stations? I’ve heard the expo tent is HOT and humid.

We fly out tomorrow afternoon. I’m not holding my breath that the waiver email will be in by then, so how long is the line at the printer stations? I’ve heard the expo tent is HOT and humid.

Have a safe flight! On Thursday it might be warm, but on Friday the temperature drops 10 degrees from 28 to 18. The past two years I didn't think the expo tent was hot or humid, as they had the doors open all the time on several sides of the tent. Of course, I only was there for a few minutes to pick up my stuff ;)

how long is the line at the printer stations? I’ve heard the expo tent is HOT and humid.

The printers were right by the door as you go in, there wasn't a special line for them. Once you made it up to the front of the line to get into the tent, you could go straight in, or use the printers if you needed them. There were folks there to help. We were there on Friday last year, and there wasn't much of a line to get in, and the tent was pleasant inside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts