Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Weekend 2018

finally...now if I could only heal in time for this race after my cervical disc replacement surgery...probably not, probably gonna be bringing up the rear.

@DerTobi75 and @lilmc, thanks for the updates.

Not worth figuring out, but I wonder what registration process resulted in some people receiving the heads up and others not.

What happens once the link open. I dunno what to expect.
You can complete your personal data and upload the medical certificate, if you are running the half! Once this is completed and confirmed, you should be able to download your vouchers.

Not worth figuring out, but I wonder what registration process resulted in some people receiving the heads up and others not.
My guess is, everybody who booked through an TA gets that information. I 'just' book BIBs Only and found that screenshot on Facebook.

I must have been oblivious these last few months because it wasn't until I read the latest posts here that I realized I need to get a medical certificate signed. :sad2: Thanks, everyone, for bringing that to my attention and allowing me to get the ball rolling!

I didn't receive an email, but I just refreshed the order page and I'm able to fill out my info for the 36k challenge! We booked bib only.

So I booked a room+ bib package through Disneyland paris and just received the email link.

Still crazy that you only need a proof of time for a sub 1:30 half. Europeans must be more honest than us Americans. :sad2:

anyone have trouble uploading your race certificate from a previous race? I tried the PDF file, I tried a JPG and all are small size...like 200kb. It keeps telling me it "was refused for reason: _______" and it is blank. I can't get the damn thing to take the certificate for proof of previous half marathon. Stupid website.

The registration system is all freaking broken - it broke my inputs. I won't take my race certificate as an input (refuses JPG, PNG or PDF). It didn't accept my YES entry for the Biddity-boddydjsdhdhsd-boop-whatever challenge. And when I looked at my submitted report, it didn't show that it had my health certificate. I sent an email to paris run disney with all my files, because I suspect I will end up showing up and something will be F'd up with my registration.

I don't need anything about this medical form.. what do I need to know?

It is a European requirement that for certain types of activities participants must receive medical clearance in order to participate. The half marathon falls under this requirement. Follow the instructions that Dogface6 posted, print the form and drop it off at your doctor or, if the practice permits, email them the .pdf file (do not send the link as they may not be able to open it due to firewalls). Depending on when they last saw you they might fill it out without requiring you to see the doctor. Once you have it back you have to upload it.

On the run.disneylandparis website there is a drop-down menu in the upper left corner you can click on. Once it unfolds, click on the”infos” link. Then click on “participation conditions”. When that page opens, click on the “read more” link. When that opens, scroll down to the red link for downloading the medical certificate fill-in-the-blank page. Click on it. You will see the certificate and can print it out.

The registration system is all freaking broken - it broke my inputs. I won't take my race certificate as an input (refuses JPG, PNG or PDF). It didn't accept my YES entry for the Biddity-boddydjsdhdhsd-boop-whatever challenge. And when I looked at my submitted report, it didn't show that it had my health certificate. I sent an email to paris run disney with all my files, because I suspect I will end up showing up and something will be F'd up with my registration.

I just took a screenshot of the forms, then uploaded the pictures from my iPad. Seems to have gone through just fine, we will see if they get approved.

@DerTobi75 and @lilmc, thanks for the updates.

My email the day before was from my travel agent giving me the heads up.

I just took a screenshot of the forms, then uploaded the pictures from my iPad. Seems to have gone through just fine, we will see if they get approved.

EDIT: Rundisney france emailed me back that they got my data and i am ok.

I took screenshot but this is what it showed me each time I uploaded something. It didn't matter what document I tried.
refused.png

Later when I looked at the review of what I submitted it missed two things: It missed my YES answer that I highlighted for the BBB challenge, and later I noticed it missed my YES answer for staying at a Disney hotel, which was the first question that I had to select and distinctly remember selecting it.

challenge.png

Oh well, crap happens...I hope they get my email and make updates to my registration. Should be fine - I have all of the proof so I'll be bringing it with me as should everyone (just in case).

Last edited:
oh, thank GOD they didn't change the HM medal much, just colored Mickey....I like it. Though I did like the silver finish of the previous years version rather than this gold, but still good

I kinda like them all... Makes me wish I could run the kids races too... and I think I'd have a shot at a decent finish in those...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!