Disneyland Paris Will Reopen July 15 Village Nature Opens June 22

Disneyland Paris has just been updated and all reservations up to July 14 have been cancelled. Art of marvel hotel opening has also been delayed with no new opening date given.

Social Media (Pixiedust.be) says they saw moving cranes at the Studios, so most likely the expansion work has restarted!

I booked through the Disneyland Paris (EN) website for my stay that was supposed to begin 30 March (paid $698.78). It included LOS park admission.
I filled out the online form on 16 March (IIRC) and I received a refund of $498.91 on 19 March. I sent them an email on 26 March and asked about the remaining $199.87 and I haven't heard anything back.

I also booked a Buffalo Bill show for 30 March and I have not yet received a refund.

This is just an update from my previous Apr 7th post regarding my refunds.

The refund for the Buffalo Bill show showed up on my CC on Apr 10th.

The remaining $199.87 refund showed up on my CC today (May 19th). I did send them an email asking about the status at the 6 week point. I finally received a response from them on 15 May (they sent a booking cancellation and indicated $199.87 was a cancellation fee). I sent back another email asking why I was being assessed a cancellation fee and then viola! I received the refund today. I don't know if they had just been on furlough and they were just getting back to the office (and processing the rest of the refund) and maybe my emails weren't necessary. But, anyway--I have received all of the money that I paid Disneyland Paris. (Now--I just have to get a refund from airline.)

I´ve chatted with CM Aviva yesterday because I have cancelled my trip on March 25th via the online form and I´ve heard nothing since now.

Aviva told me that they have to book back each and every cancellation fee seperatly to all of the bookings and that this is a very hard and long work. Aviva told me that my chat will be hand off and hopefully I will receive my money soon.

It was once again a very friendly chat and easier than going through the phone line. But you have to be lucky to get this option on the official site at the moment.

P.S.
I have posted this in another thread also....sorry if this was the wrong one.

Good news from France, themeparks are allowed to reopen from June 2nd if they can take precautions. No news from DLP itself about the plans. Park Puy de Fou has announced to reopen on June 11th.

Source: ED92

Good news from France, themeparks are allowed to reopen from June 2nd if they can take precautions. No news from DLP itself about the plans. Park Puy de Fou has announced to reopen on June 11th.

Source: ED92
We have our honeymoon in September I hope they open before then! <3 Crossing my fingers!

Can't see anyone from the UK going anytime soon with the 14 day quarantine period being put in place in France and the UK. 4 weeks of quarantine, 2 weeks in each country just for a holiday.

Can't see anyone from the UK going anytime soon with the 14 day quarantine period being put in place in France and the UK. 4 weeks of quarantine, 2 weeks in each country just for a holiday.
Agreed! I could probably work at home the two weeks after coming home, but wouldn't have anywhere to go in France for 2 weeks!

Agreed! I could probably work at home the two weeks after coming home, but wouldn't have anywhere to go in France for 2 weeks!

I would imagine they would provide a hotel to quarantine in, then they can check on you. That is what havppened in Australia.

I'm in a job that I can't work from home as I'm frontline NHS in the ambulance service, so not looking at holidays this year

I would imagine they would provide a hotel to quarantine in, then they can check on you. That is what havppened in Australia.

I'm in a job that I can't work from home as I'm frontline NHS in the ambulance service, so not looking at holidays this year

The UK are not doing that, you have to go to a private residence. I'd assume the French will do the same.

Keep up the good work @tennisfan , as someone who is currently sheilding and still uses the NHS on a regular basis (GP and Hospital) to keep me well I've been in awe of how you have all kept going in what can can only be described as a terrifying time! - Thankyou :earsboy:

The UK are not doing that, you have to go to a private residence. I'd assume the French will do the same.

Keep up the good work @tennisfan , as someone who is currently sheilding and still uses the NHS on a regular basis (GP and Hospital) to keep me well I've been in awe of how you have all kept going in what can can only be described as a terrifying time! - Thankyou :earsboy:

Not sure then regarding France, once numbers start falling more on both sides then I imagine they will have the"air bridge" between countries.

Thank you for you kind words, for our local trust it hasn't been too bad really, although the jobs are starting to increase again. It was nice while it lasted. Also our trust have said they are looking into the 14 day quarantine thing regarding holidays, so will be interested in what they come back with as they are saying it will be a fair policy. Obviously easy for the office staff to do but not easy for frontline so will have to see what the solution is.

And more news from Disneyland Paris. France has announced some easing of measures. They work with zones in France, green, orange and red. The Paris area was changed from red to orange. This means they could technically reopen from June 22nd. No news yet if they will.

In Green zones from June 2nd schools, restaurants, bars, shows, sporthalls, swimming pools can reopen. In the orange zones the businesses have to wait till June 22nd.
Also the restriction to don't travel more than 100km (60 miles)

Today I called DLP for a reservation in October. I was 10 minutes on hold. I got disconnected when I pressed the option 'I have an existing booking' (they were closed...) but got through when I selected 'I want to make a new booking'. No issue whatsoever. I didn't ask the CM when they would reopen as I didn't think she would have the information or would give an honest answer. But yay for new reservations! :)

I splurged on the Disneyland Hotel and went for a family room with terrace. The price difference with the regular rooms was about 80 euro, and I thought if I am going for the overpriced hotel, I am going all out! :P

Last edited:
Today I called DLP for a reservation in October. I was 10 minutes on hold. I got disconnected when I pressed the option 'I have an existing booking' (they were closed...) but got through when I selected 'I want to make a new booking'. No issue whatsoever. I didn't ask the CM when they would reopen as I didn't think she would have the information or would give an honest answer. But yay for new reservations! :)

I splurged on the Disneyland Hotel and went for a family room with terrace. The price difference with the regular rooms was about 80 euro, and I thought if I am going for the overpriced hotel, I am going all out! :P
Did they have the AP discounts?

No news yet from Disneyland Paris, but several themeparks in France have announced their re-opening in June: Parc Asterix, Le Pal, Puy du Fou, Futuroscope, Parc Spirou Provence, Walibi Rhone-Alpes, Kingoland and Bagatelle.

Parc Asterix has announced a max capacity of 5.000 guests per day as of June 15th. All big rides will be operational, also open air shows will take place, indoor theater shows are cancelled for now, just like street entertainment. In the park the distance is 3 ft, in queues it's 6ft. In rides and theaters you will need to wear a mask.

Pixidust.be reports about an article in Le Parisien yesterday about the possible measures at Disneyland Paris which are on the table. Not confirmed yet by DLP and no reopening date. Other French parks will open next week. I say nothing very spectacular, except for the additional photo locations is a surprising one. I take it the 2.450 desinfectant points are for the entire resort, including Disney Village and the hotels.
  • Guests are required to wear face masks from 9 or 11 years old
  • Reduced capacity in the attractions
  • Visual inspection of security systems at attractions
  • Empty seats between the visitors and families
  • Limited or no shows
  • No contact with Disney characters
  • Disney characters are present but at a sufficient distance
  • Additional photo locations with decorative elements and Magic Shots where Disney characters are added digitally
  • 2450 points to disinfect hands
  • Temporarily closed toilets during the day for a thorough cleaning
  • Increased cleaning of door handles, elevator knobs, trash cans, stairs, queues, …
  • 2 new security points will be installed when you come from the car park and station. This will increases the security tents from 18 to 24.
  • In hotels, various activities will not be available such as swimming pools, children’s corners, fitness, billiards, …
These measures will be discussed with unions and management this week, after which we will probably know a reopening date soon if an agreement has been reached on all measures.

https://pixiedust.be/nieuws/these-measures-are-on-the-table-at-disneyland-paris/

Some of those make any sense... what does it mean that face masks will be required from 9 OR 11 years old? 10 year olds are off the hook then? 😂 Also what does 2450 points to disinfect hands mean? Lol

Some of those make any sense... what does it mean that face masks will be required from 9 OR 11 years old? 10 year olds are off the hook then? 😂 Also what does 2450 points to disinfect hands mean? Lol
It's from an article in a French newspaper, so not the official plans yet. Merely what they believe / their sources tell them what will happen.
So probably one thing that hasn't been decided is the age for wearing masks. Although Parc Asterix has announced masks from 11 and up. It would be strange if there is a difference between parks 50 miles apart.
And the 2.450 points mean that there are 2.450 spots where you can disinfect your hands. My guess is they will be at the entrance of the park, entrance & exit of every ride/store/restaurant, throughout the park, extra at bathrooms. Same for Disney Village and at the hotels. Probably you will be able to find them at / in elevators, staircases, restaurants & bars. Maybe it also include backstage areas for CMs.

A week earlier than expected, Disneyland Paris is now in a green zone, which makes the reopening announcement getting closer and closer, although the rumours still say July 15th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!