Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

We were at DTD this weekend and only had one person the entire time not stand where they should have in a queue. They were quickly reminded. The CMs were all over anyone without their mask on and not eating. (We only saw a couple and they were stationary) and we also saw CMs be quick to tell people to pull their mask over their nose. For the most part, people were following the rules.

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/08/...ail&utm_term=0_a98380eccc-3652cd3db4-96199085
Whats the over/under on how long it takes the bags the kits come in to hit Ebay. Nothing like a nice covid-19 collectable to remember the good times with. :rolleyes1
Those aren’t the generic reusable DLR bags?
They certainly look like the reusable bags for sale at WOD for $1 (all sizes -- new markdown!):
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...sneyland-resort-and-walt-disney-world-resort/

We were at DTD this weekend and only had one person the entire time not stand where they should have in a queue. They were quickly reminded. The CMs were all over anyone without their mask on and not eating. (We only saw a couple and they were stationary) and we also saw CMs be quick to tell people to pull their mask over their nose. For the most part, people were following the rules.
This is what we experienced in DTD last week, too. But then I read posts from the WDW boards that are so discouraging. People flagrantly skirting the rules, not wearing masks, waiting for CMs to walk away/turn their backs, etc. Someone said there was a guy in line at AK wearing his mask as a giant earring and drinking a beer the whole time in line (a long line) and CMs didn't say anything to him. He smirked at anyone who gave him a look, so he was well aware of what he was doing. The crowds at DTD have been kept to a very reasonable and manageable level so far. But I hope that CMs will continue to be as vigilant and outspoken about the rules when crowds are allowed to increase.

This is what we experienced in DTD last week, too. But then I read posts from the WDW boards that are so discouraging. People flagrantly skirting the rules, not wearing masks, waiting for CMs to walk away/turn their backs, etc. Someone said there was a guy in line at AK wearing his mask as a giant earring and drinking a beer the whole time in line (a long line) and CMs didn't say anything to him. He smirked at anyone who gave him a look, so he was well aware of what he was doing. The crowds at DTD have been kept to a very reasonable and manageable level so far. But I hope that CMs will continue to be as vigilant and outspoken about the rules when crowds are allowed to increase.
Don’t let the small tales of WDW get you down :) Most of the people I know who have gone have said mask compliance is great and if a CM sees someone not complying they say something.

Obviously anyone going to DtD or DLR once it opens will need to be ok with the possibility of encountering jerks like in the AK line but I think those jerks will continue to be the exception to the general rule of compliance.

On the bright side WDW has paved the way for some issues so we don’t have to deal with them, like no valves or no eating/drinking while walking.

Don’t let the small tales of WDW get you down :) Most of the people I know who have gone have said mask compliance is great and if a CM sees someone not complying they say something...
This is good to know. CMs at DTD have been doing a really good job so far. I would hate to see all their hard work go down the drain once the crowds increase. And the better things go for CMs in DTD now, the easier it will be for them once the park do reopen.

The state reporting system is expected to be fixed "next week."

Sit tight. The number of cases in OC may be much higher than they have been reporting, if death counts are any indicator.

Ohhhh no. I haven’t checked OC data in awhile. I didn’t realize they’d had a spike in deaths. Hoping for good news for San Diego. Our deaths haven’t spiked.

A friend of mine spent last weekend at the Lido House in Newport Beach. She said it was a disaster. Twenty somethings partying it up in huge crowds at the hotel. She and her husband ended up not leaving their room. She said it’s completely obvious why OC has had higher cases. I’m only mentioning it because it does affect Disneyland.... I wish these young people would just stay home. Geez. Dragging it out for everyone.

Last edited:
90 per 100,000 and 7.8% :)
Lots of backlogged tests posted today helping things
--now if only the state can get their data banks up. Day 1 of 3 --going by county data. off watchlist potential and second star to the left --- yes left ;)

I have a dumb question.... once the computer figures out the tests are backlogged, do those cases then get reassigned to the correct date and the rolling 14 day average and everything else gets corrected and my charts and graphs look pretty again? 🤣

For dining, you have people sitting stationary for a much longer period of time than on a ride. You have a much, much smaller amount of people moving through an outdoor dining area per hour than you would have people moving through a queue and then riding on a ride. They are two completely different things. For example, most ride queues involve switchbacks which most likely would not be allowed because it would mean parties would pass by facing each other. Also, rides have WAY more high touch areas than restaurants - railings, ride cars, lap bars, etc. Some of these would be difficult to sanitize between guests with just a wipe, like seatbelts. In addition, when you are dining, your mask is down but you are stationary. While I would imagine masks will be required while on rides, this will be VERY difficult to enforce. Especially with rides that jerk you around. Someone could board a ride with every intention of keeping their mask on, but it could fall down because of the motion of the ride. And they may not want to let go of the hand-bar while the ride is moving to place it back over their mouth and nose. If my mask falls down on Goofy’s Flight School, there is no way I am letting go to fix it (totally hypothetical for me - it’s the only ride I won’t ride because it’s scare the you know what out of me). For dining, there are really strict guidelines for face coverings, sanitation, etc. There are no such guidelines for rides and attractions as of yet, and I believe the reasons I stated are why.

These are really good points. My nine year old has asked me several times how her mask is going to stay on during BTMRR. And no, I don’t really want her using her dirty hands to put it back on during the ride. Blegh.

And the screaming on the rides.... and you know there are going to be the jerks who take off their masks, and that’s going to make me extremely unhappy.

I have a dumb question.... once the computer figures out the tests are backlogged, do those cases then get reassigned to the correct date and the rolling 14 day average and everything else gets corrected and my charts and graphs look pretty again? 🤣

Yes they are supposed to be assigned to the date of the test. But it WILL affect the 14 day average as they were within the 14 days.

Ohhhh no. I haven’t checked OC data in awhile. I didn’t realize they’d had a spike in deaths. Hoping for good news for San Diego. Our deaths haven’t spiked.

A friend of mine spent last weekend at the Lido House in Newport Beach. She said it was a disaster. Twenty somethings partying it up in huge crowds at the hotel. She and her husband bender up not leaving their room. She said it’s completely obvious why OC has had higher cases. I’m only mentioning it because it does affect Disneyland.... I wish these young people would just stay home. Geez. Dragging it out for everyone.
We have had similar issues when staying in Anaheim. It's for sure a younger crowd right now. We actually asked to leave a hotel and went elsewhere to stay. It's tricky because hotels are limiting what floors are open, and grouping everyone together. We could tell right away we were not going to get any sleep. Luckily the hotel was really awesome about it and we will stay there in the future when the parks are open and it's more family's staying there instead of twenty somethings.

These are really good points. My nine year old has asked me several times how her mask is going to stay on during BTMRR. And no, I don’t really want her using her dirty hands to put it back on during the ride.
I think this should be okay to link but if not I apologize in advance.
. This is a video of of a WDW vlogger testing out masks on a roller coaster in Orlando. The 1st type he is wearing I don't think is even allowed to be worn anymore but the 2nd type (typical medical procedure mask) stays on fine during the ride.

These are really good points. My nine year old has asked me several times how her mask is going to stay on during BTMRR. And no, I don’t really want her using her dirty hands to put it back on during the ride. Blegh.

And the screaming on the rides.... and you know there are going to be the jerks who take off their masks, and that’s going to make me extremely unhappy.
-it’s entirely possible your nine year old will never have cleaner hands at a theme park than on your next trip 😉 hand sanitizer options before rides, after rides, all around the park by Disney + I’m sure you’ll carry it with you and you’ll have her doing thorough hand washing, rides are shutdown for cleaning every couple hours as well

-Sidenote on WDW photo policy on rides and masks, if someone isn’t wearing a mask no ride photo for everyone in the shot

Im pointing out the discrepancy. My being eager still doesn’t address the fact that it’s arbitrary to not have outside rides open, but have the parks that the rides are located in open because they’re outside. It doesn’t make sense and is going to cause problems down the road. Either crowds can or cannot gather. If they can under certain guidelines then any activity that falls under those same guidelines should be permitted. Technically due to state restrictions knotts shouldn’t be holding their festival, but here we are.

ETA: months or not, the result will be opening rides within the park, regardless of the timeline, and that discrepancy is what’s going to accelerate that process.

The good news in the world of speculation is that exceptions are starting to be made for all industries so long as they abide by and demonstrate implementation of the safety guidelines. This bodes really well for DLR not only because they are exempt in the first place, but because exceptions are being made left and right! Maybe a Christmas time DLR is coming down the pipeline! OR late fall? We’ll see👀
The mistake you are making is trying to apply logic to government measures regarding the pandemic. I gave up on that back in April. Logic, science, and statistics are no longer taken into consideration.

The mistake you are making is trying to apply logic to government measures regarding the pandemic. I gave up on that back in April. Logic, science, and statistics are no longer taken into consideration.
That’s so scary😣 Especially because that means emotions/social attitudes will dictate the reopening and we can end up right back here. Or economics could do that as well. The last thing we need is to reopen too quick. I’m just hoping numbers continue to look good so DLR can reopen and people can get back to work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!