Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

-it’s entirely possible your nine year old will never have cleaner hands at a theme park than on your next trip 😉 hand sanitizer options before rides, after rides, all around the park by Disney + I’m sure you’ll carry it with you and you’ll have her doing thorough hand washing, rides are shutdown for cleaning every couple hours as well

-Sidenote on WDW photo policy on rides and masks, if someone isn’t wearing a mask no ride photo for everyone in the shot

We’ve already done Disneyland during Covid. We went right before they closed and our level of hand sanitization was NEXT LEVEL.

I just like accurate data. So I’m ok with that. 👍
The 295k test backlog has been cleared according to the governor. Data now goes to counties and then it will be added to state data. Data should be available in 1-2 days. He said the trend is still expected to be down. He doesn’t expect any major changes to the county monitoring list when the updated data is added.

The 295k test backlog has been cleared according to the governor. Data now goes to counties and then it will be added to state data. Data should be available in 1-2 days. He said the trend is still expected to be down. He doesn’t expect any major changes to the county monitoring list when the updated data is added.

Was just going to post this. He said the trend of positivity rate follows what counties have been posting for the last week or so, which is good news.

OC is at day 2 of meeting metrics to be taken off the watch list.

Hello! I'm in Sparks too but I find it's easier just saying I'm from Reno. Sometimes that doesn't even work either. Lol. My favorite line is, "Is that near Vegas?"

My kids both know that if the numbers don't come down they will be spending the first month of school on Edgenuity. Technically, I've told the school they'll be returning in the hopes that we can get down to 100 in 100K, but that doesn't seem likely. I'd rather have them at home while the schools work out the kinks of their reopening plans. Much like watching WDW's reopening and how they keep tweaking their policies as they learn as they go. Hopefully DLR's reopening will be that much smoother.

Us too! If DLR isn't open yet for fall break, I've booked a WDW trip for next June as soon as we get out of school...if we even go to school. If we're on distance learning, I guess we could also go wherever, whenever we wanted to. But, I'm hoping that DLR opens in September so I can observe their operations before I have to make a final decision.
Oh yeah, and you live by Tahoe, do you snowboard? ;)
I have a licensed home childcare and I've been asked to home school my one 5 year old in attendance , parents are scared and I get it! Most think school will open, then close.
I'm sure hoping for Thanksgiving at Disneyland, I need a vacation!

OC register is reporting the state is now reviewing how and when to reopen theme parks as they are watching health data to determine how and when parks can reopen at lower risk. That information alone didn’t catch me. What caught my attention was the public announcement of this today by the CA Health and Human Services spokesperson. This is making me feel like the transition into stage 3 is going to begin soon and theme parks are allowed to open in stage 3... we are “technically” in stage 2 so to speak, so things could get interesting in September with some news👀👀👀. https://www.ocregister.com/state-re...n-disneyland-and-other-california-theme-parks

OC register is reporting the state is now reviewing how and when to reopen theme parks as they are watching health data to determine how and when parks can reopen at lower risk. That information alone didn’t catch me. What caught my attention was the public announcement of this today by the CA Health and Human Services spokesperson. This is making me feel like the transition into stage 3 is going to begin soon and theme parks are allowed to open in stage 3... we are “technically” in stage 2 so to speak, so things could get interesting in September with some news👀👀👀. https://www.ocregister.com/state-re...n-disneyland-and-other-california-theme-parks
Omg fingers crossed something good comes out of this

Yeah currently Stage 2 and steady. No guidance, but those hints are mighty telling.

That along with no Food+Wine movement/announcement too maybe telling too -- for labor day opening.

If I were a betting man, they will allow it to stage 3 AFTER Labor Day just because of crowd control.

Edit: yet we're still holding our VGC Sept 2-4 dates :)

County data: Day 2 met: 82 per 100,000 7.4%
https://ochca.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/cc4859c8c522496b9f21c451de2fedae
Schools get ready! - Stage 3 too ---all hopes ring eternal

Last edited:
Oof, seeing increased reports from DISers on the WDW boards about mask compliance getting worse and worse out there. I hope we don’t get the same issue at DL when it reopens. I would imagine though, with DL being more compact, it’ll be easier for cast members to regulate. But also lots more reports of people taking them off on the rides and the cast members not saying anything. 🤦🏼‍♀️ I’m so disappointed to hear this.

I was originally of the mindset to not want to be the first wave in but maybe that’s better if people start slacking off (including cast members) as time goes on...

I was originally of the mindset to not want to be the first wave in but maybe that’s better if people start slacking off (including cast members) as time goes on...
Honestly this is now my philosophy. When all of this was first happening, I thought "If DL or DTD opens I'm going to wait a few weeks before going." Now I'm seeing that they are actually very strict early on (minus a few hiccups here and there) and that it might be better to go first than later on when the CM's and guests get complacent with the rules. Plus it seems like when things first reopen, the crowds are very very low. Once people realize it's "safe" they will begin coming.

Honestly this is now my philosophy. When all of this was first happening, I thought "If DL or DTD opens I'm going to wait a few weeks before going." Now I'm seeing that they are actually very strict early on (minus a few hiccups here and there) and that it might be better to go first than later on when the CM's and guests get complacent with the rules. Plus it seems like when things first reopen, the crowds are very very low. Once people realize it's "safe" they will begin coming.
The pent up demand for DLR is so great though, I think they will be at capacity (whatever that will be) from day one for quite awhile. It's such a different situation than WDW. AP registrations at WDW aren't a problem, it's the vacationing families that aren't showing up.

The pent up demand for DLR is so great though, I think they will be at capacity (whatever that will be) from day one for quite awhile. It's such a different situation than WDW. AP registrations at WDW aren't a problem, it's the vacationing families that aren't showing up.
True but I think they will still limit capacity each day so that might help. I am curious as to how they will handle AP's in the parks for admission.

Im more hopeful my mid October California trip could happen after hearing that they will be reviewing theme parks reopening. Im just wondering if they will go the route that WDW did and announce opening date weeks in advance or will there be shorter notice since they were already set to open &/17

Yep. We may not go opening day, but it’ll be the next day. And I agree that they will definitely limit capacity. I’m betting on a reservation system. No way do they just open the gates and let everyone flood in.

Well, and the whole world is watching most closely when they first open too. Between regular news stations and the influx of Disney bloggers all eyes are on them. Then once that dies down it’s easy to see how things get less stringent.

I am so torn on our September trip. We just have room and air, no park tickets yet. Not even sure if I should or can buy park tickets. September 26-29 is the dates and we picked that weekend because there's a concert going on a few blocks away with one of our favorite bands. So far the concert isn't cancelled.
Ugh I just don't know! A few days ago I was thinking 'there's no way any of it will happen' and now I am thinking maybe it might be open?

I don't know why I did this to myself. I could have not planned a vacation during a pandemic and saved myself the stress 😆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!