Disneyland Trip/D23 Question

wdw_bee

Earning My Ears
I have not been to DL since 2008 so I planned on going in November, seems a tad slower and cheaper rooms.

I just joined D23 and noticed there is an event on 11/9/19. How far in advance do they let you sign up for that and do you get to bring a guest?

Trying to see if A) It's sold out and B) If it's worth planning my trip around that date. It's a WD Studios tour. Anything special about it? Can you take a tour as a public guest?

Any other Disney sight seeing attractions on our non park days we should check out? Thanks!

Try posting this in the Disneyland (California) forum, too -- you'll get lots of good suggestions and answers there, too!
Just some thoughts off the top of my head:
November isn't necessariy a slow time -- much depends on your dates, and with SWGE opening this year, no one really knows how this will affect crowds for the rest of the year. The first week of November is usually slower (once Halloween Time is over and before Holiday Time begins), but Dapper Day Weekend will bring in some crowds. The start of Holiday Time hasn't been announced yet, so it could be as early as 11/08 or later on 11/15. That will bring in local crowds to see the holiday decorations, parade, fireworks, and ride overlays. Non-peak doesn't equal low crowds at DLR, so it's better to just assume things will be somewhat-to-very busy and plan accordingly. Then, if things aren't as busy as you thought they'd be, great! And if they are, at least you'll be prepared.
As for D23, you can't sign up for any events before the tickets go on sale. Keep watching the events page to see what date and time the tickets will go on sale, then be ready to purchase. Tickets for studio tours sell out quickly. Only Gold Members can bring one guest. Gold Family Members can bring up to 3 guests. It depends on the event -- if there are guest limits, the fine print on the event page will tell you that. The Disney Studios tours are special because the Studios are not open to the general public. The D23 tours are one of the few ways for the public to see the studio lot and the Archives. Unless you know a studio employee who can take you inside the property, there is no way for the general public to tour the studio lot.
As for other Disney sight seeing attractions, ask this on the Disneyland (California) board -- our posters there have some great tips to share!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter