Disneyland Trip Rescheduled--Update in last post 4/29

flyingdumbo127

DIS Veteran
Dad and I (We are local at about an hour from Disneyland) have 3-day SoCal resident tickets that God willing we might still be able to use in just over 2 weeks. This trip is meant to be an extra celebration of dad's birthday (February) and my own (May). Also a true extra blessing of a way to celebrate our health and being able to go period.

I know the current SoCal Resident ticket promotion lasts through June 2nd. Due to ongoing health issues we are both recovering from, we may need to reschedule. Dad and I both would want to be 100% for a trip. This Disneyland trip will be extra meaningful because family, friends, and my being able to secretly save money, has made it almost paid for. Money is tight for us. We extra appreciate the $275 (Disneyland only, all we want) any day resident tickets we have. Google last night told me a regular one park 3-Day ticket costs $390. Huge difference. We will try to go if we can.

It does seem as though Disneyland has a SoCal resident offer every year at this time. Do any of you know whether in recent years, Disneyland has ever offered a second similar promotion? Worth asking :)

Other related questions are should we need to reschedule our tickets, how far in advance does a reservation need to be cancelled and do you need to reschedule at the same time? I understand that after June 2nd our tickets will have expired because the promotion is over. Thankful that what we paid for them can be used toward future tickets. I, of course, want to make sure should we cancel that the money we spent is not lost. Is there anything particular we would need to do?

Thank you all so very much for your kind help and time. God Bless You and Sweet Dreams.

Last edited:
Dad and I (We are local at about an hour from Disneyland) have 3-day SoCal resident tickets that God willing we might still be able to use in just over 2 weeks. This trip is meant to be an extra celebration of dad's birthday (February) and my own (May). Also a true extra blessing of a way to celebrate our health and being able to go period.

I know the current SoCal Resident ticket promotion lasts through June 2nd. Due to ongoing health issues we are both recovering from, we may need to reschedule. Dad and I both would want to be 100% for a trip. This Disneyland trip will be extra meaningful because family, friends, and my being able to secretly save money, has made it almost paid for. Money is tight for us. We extra appreciate the $275 (Disneyland only, all we want) any day resident tickets we have. Google last night told me a regular one park 3-Day ticket costs $390. Huge difference. We will try to go if we can.

It does seem as though Disneyland has a SoCal resident offer every year at this time. Do any of you know whether in recent years, Disneyland has ever offered a second similar promotion? Worth asking :)

Other related questions are should we need to reschedule our tickets, how far in advance does a reservation need to be cancelled and do you need to reschedule at the same time? I understand that after June 2nd our tickets will have expired because the promotion is over. Thankful that what we paid for them can be used toward future tickets. I, of course, want to make sure should we cancel that the money we spent is not lost. Is there anything particular we would need to do?

Thank you all so very much for your kind help and time. God Bless You and Sweet Dreams.
We've rescheduled within a week of our trip before and it was no problem. I think as long as there's availability on the reservation calendar you'll be fine to reschedule. Have a great trip!

Thanks so much Pluto:hug:One other question, I should have initially asked is do I need to reschedule immediately when cancelling to not lose my money?

Thanks so much Pluto:hug:One other question, I should have initially asked is do I need to reschedule immediately when cancelling to not lose my money?
I've had to sometimes pay extra if the date I reschedule to is more than expensive than my original date, but I have never lost money.

As far as I know from Google yesterday the 3 day SoCal resident ticket I have now cost $275. A regular 3 day ticket (Disneyland only) costs $390:scared1:For me that is a huge difference. Thank you all so much again for your kind replies and encouragement. God willing I will share sometime this year about the DL fun dad and I enjoyed. I wish each of you, always, safe and happy trips, too :)

Thank you again everyone so much for all your kind help. I sincerely appreciated it. I do have an update from earlier today that I want to share in the prayer it may help someone else in a similar rescheduling situation.

I did call Disneyland Guest Services while I was logged into my Disneyland account and had my 3 day ticket reservations in front of me. The CM I spoke with, walked me through the cancellation process and also answered my questions. I learned that indeed our current tickets (they are 3 Day SoCal Resident Disneyland only tickets) will expire on June 2nd (last day of this current promotion). However as long as our tickets are unused the value, we paid for the tickets will remain. Dad and I will be able to apply that money toward future tickets.

Dad and I talked and ideally, I would LOVE to go December 8-10th--Candlelight Ceremony and Processional weekend--pandemic and weather depending of course. Disneyland tickets can be scheduled 180 days in advance which I counted on my calendar will be June 13th. Disneyland said to just call Guest Services back in June. The money we paid for our current tickets will be applied toward the cost of new tickets. I was also assured we can use another Disney Gift Card (as I pray all of you know by now know, when you buy Disney Gift Cards with a Target Red Card, they are 5% off which is what we do) I was also told by the CM as long as tickets are unused reservations can be rescheduled as many times as necessary. So should we schedule for December and decide against going then, we could do the same thing as I did this afternoon.

God willing a Christmas time including Candlelight trip would mean so much to me! I would love that. We are also looking at going to Disneyland this same time in May 2025. Our three park days would be May 12th-14th. God willing, Next year will be a milestone birthday for me and that would be great fun. Plus, Disneyland almost always has a SoCal resident 3-day ticket promotion going on at that time. Our December trip would be more costly but that is where our trip mostly being paid for would be an extra, extra blessing. We have time to save and get another gift card. So that is good too. Blessing indeed to have options.

Candlelight question to anyone who has gone during Covid. I have not actually been since 2015! Do you still need to wait around all day near the stage area to maybe get a seat close to the CP's start? The CM I spoke with this afternoon said she didn't have any information yet because it was too early. As far as she did know, CM's have a certain number of tickets to give to the public on a first come first served basis. Dad and I would not be up for waiting on Main Street all day. I had prayed that a pandemic positive would have been (maybe one day it still will) Candlelight at Disneyland being at least a week, with earlier time availability and like at WDW, the option to buy tickets. Thanks friends.

As always may each of your own Disneyland trips be safe and FUN! Have a good evening. Sweet Dreams later.

I am so glad to hear that you will be able to reschedule your trip to a later time when you both feel up to it! I would recommend writing down/printing out your ticket numbers, because my understanding is that once a ticket expires, it disappears from your account. I think you will need that to have them apply the value to future tickets. Someone more expert than I am will likely come here with more information if I am mistaken.

Hope you have a magical trip, in December or whenever it happens!

Aw what a kind post. Thank you Twodogs so much. I do have prints of our tickets. I also saved in email our original reservation. I will definitely share about our trip when we do go :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter