"Disneyland USA" DVD Due in December

flyinglizard

DIS Veteran
I heard about this upcoming release at the NFFC Convention last month. Since it is called "Disneyland USA", I assumed it would be the late fifties featurette, "Disneyland USA" that I saw at a private presentation for the NFFC a couple years ago.

It's NOT...

I found a synopsis at Amazon.com. Although it has the same title, it is not the short, but a collection of four vintage TV broadcasts:

Disneyland Story 10/54 49 minutes
Dateline Disneyland 7/17/57 1 hour, 30 minutes
Disneyland After Dark 4/62 60 minutes
Disneyland 10th Anniversary 1/65 52 minutes

It's two discs, in a collectors tin box, and comes with a litho. MSRP is $32.95. but several sites offer it for far less.

I'm a little disappointed that it is NOT the original film of the same name, but I am really pleased that these old shows will be available on the dvd format.

Oh well, maybe next time...

I noticed this tiltle a few months back at a local video store listed as upcoming
and I have been wondering what it was about. It sounds great and it is about time
Disney does something with these classics. Thank you for the update.

Jay

Yeah,

but I'm still wondering why would they call it "Disneyland USA", when that is the title of a theatrical short that already exists, but NOT the content on this program. I'm sure the people who prepared the DVD know that... Don't they?

Hopefully, the Opening Ceremonies of Disneyland will be better than the VHS that I have...

The info for the Walt Disney Treasures series was enclosed with the litho from the Snow White DVC pre purchase. There are 4 of them, and they are $22.99 each:

1. Disneyland USA - 4 Television specials plus footage from Opening Day at the Park
2. Mickey Mouse in Living Color - Includes the first 26 original Mickey Mouse color cartoons
3. Silly Symphonies - Features selected shorts, including 7 Academy Award winners.
4. Davy Crockett - Includes every episode of the timeless TV series.

"Exclusive lithograph provided in each."

"Each numbered, limited edition Two DVC set contains rare, exclusive bonus footage and is packaged in a collectible tin. Available at the Disney Store December 4, 2001."

It sounds like the same thing that Amazon has for $32.95.

Hi Reg-

The Amazon price is lower than the MSRP of $32.95, however, the $22.95 price (I'm assuming that is TDS price?), is the best I've seen so far. Do they offer the 10% Disney Club discount?

I don't know much about what is going on at the Disney Stores anymore, except they aren't crowded like they used to be... (remember when they used to sell pins?)

I guess I'll have to pre-order my "Disneyland USA" through them.

Thanks for the info!

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter