Disneyland with a baby???

skoocher

MouseFamily
We are taking our baby to Disneyland this coming weekend. My brother and sister-in-law are coming with, so we will have help. I was wondering if anyone who has been recently with a baby can explain to me how the "baby pass" works. I have heard conflicting stories.

Ask a castmember working the ride about the baby swap. They will give you a pass that you (and one other person) can use to get whomever stayed with the baby on the ride without having to wait as long. For example, if your husband and brother and sister all go on Indiana Jones, they will have to wait in the regular line or in the fastpass line if they have fastpasses while you stay with the baby. Once they get off, you and one other person can then go on the ride. Sometimes they send you up the exit and sometimes they send you in the fastpass line.

stamps is correct and the only other thing I can add is the cast member has to see the child. In other words you can't send your husband up without the child or you and the baby cuz they don't want just anyone getting them.

Just all of you walk up, show them the baby and ask for a baby swap.

Then as the above poster stated you sit and wait while they ride then your husband or someone else in the party watches the baby while you and dh or you and someone else ride.

My youngest is 5 and we still have to do it on a few DCA rides. She is FINALLY tall enough for Indy. I have been doing it for years and it works great.

Plus another tip when your little one is old enough to have a ticket is to get a fast pass for them and even though they can't use it someone else in your party can.

We have 5 people and they only allow 2 for baby swap so if we got a FP for my youngest who can't go then 3 of us can go again. Works great!

No one ever wanted to see my ds when we asked for the baby swap. Which was good, because he was 2 this summer, and if he got all the way through the line and found out he couldn't ride it, he would have had major tantrums.

BabySwap is very easy to use, though. When we used it this summer, it was just dh, me, and our two kids. We used BabySwap for my ds, which meant that dd got to ride those rides twice. Once with Mom and once with Dad. She really liked that! she got to do Splash Mountain twice in a row, while ds stuck with the other parent. He got to see how many times he could ride the Pooh ride while big sister rode Splash Mountain. It was very cool.

And utilize Fast Pass to the full extent. We would get one for Buzz, then, because the actual Fast Pass time wasn't very much later, it freed up our tickets for another FastPass. Plus, whenever we exited Buzz, we would get another FastPass. It worked out really well, without tying up our tickets for 2 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter