Disneyland???

Meliechick

Mouseketeer
DH and I have never been to California much less Disneyland. DH shares with me today that it is his goal in life to go to all 5 Disney parks. We will be going to the World at the beginning of December for a week. Staying at SSR (Can't wait!) I think that we should go to Disneyland when something significant is going on like oh say the 50th anniversary. So I am thinking about surprising DH with a trip to Disneyland for his birthday but his birthday is 2 weeks before our December trip. Is this too close together or should I wait and space out the trips more? BTW I will be paying cash for Disneyland. If we go what is the best hotel to stay at besides the Grand Californian?

I don't blame your hubby for wanting to achieve that laudable goal of all 5 Disney worldwide locations. I managed to hit 3 of them (DLR-Paris, WDW, DLR). In chatting with DW after I came home from my solo trip to California, she has told me that she would like to do all 5 worldwide Disney park locations in one trip. I've already priced out :teacher: the Round-the-World tickets -- $4500 CDN each if we left just after Labour Day and returned about a month later. :eek:

Meliechick said:
DH and I have never been to California much less Disneyland. DH shares with me today that it is his goal in life to go to all 5 Disney parks.
Are you talking about individual Theme Parks or about Disney Locations?

There are currently 10 theme parks located in 4 different places, as follows:

1. Florida, Orlando (WDW):
  • Magic Kingdom (1971)
  • Epcot (1982)
  • Studios (1989)
  • Animal Kingdom (1998)
2. California, Anaheim (Disneyland):
  • Magic Kingdom (1955)
  • California Adventure (2001)
3. France, Paris: (Originally named Euro Disney (1992), name changed to Disneyland Paris (1994)
  • Magic Kingdom (1992)
  • Studios (2001)
4. Japan, Tokyo
  • Magic Kingdom (1982)
  • Disney Sea (2001)

And the newest location, opening September 12, 2005
5. Hong Kong:
  • Magic Kingdom (9/12/05)

Also, all 5 locations have associated shopping areas as follows:
  • WDW: Downtown Disney
  • California: Downtown Disney
  • Paris: Disney Village
  • Tokyo: Ikspiari
  • Hong Kong: Disneytown

Also, plans are currently underway for another resort in mainland China, probably in Shanghai.

There are also reports that Disney scouts are doing survey work in Australia.

Additionally, there are other features at some of the resorts:
All locations - Resort and Dining facilities
WDW - Campground
WDW - Sports Complex
WDW - Two Water Parks, Minature Golf courses
WDW & Paris - Full Golf Courses
WDW, being the largest at something like 40 square miles, of course has the most amenities. Other items would be Convention Centers, Pleasure Island, Race Track, Disney Timeshare Resorts (DVC), Entertainment venues (EG Boardwalk), etc.

Personally, we've been to all of the current 4-locations, or a total of 8 theme parks. (Went to Paris before they added the MGM Studios park, and went to Tokyo before they added the Disney Sea theme park.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter