Disneyquest help

Rachel Cheshire UK

Earning My Ears
Hiya everyone,

I am trying to work out our planner.

We will be arriving at Sanford at 4.55 pm (Florida time) on Saturday the 24 August. But with being 5 hours benind here we have been advised to try and stay awake until at least 9 pm Florida time (but to us it will be 2 am) to try and avoid the jet lag.

So we were thinking that Disneyquest would be ideal especially if it is as lively as you all say it is, to keep us awake.

But I have read on several different sites that it can be very busy in the evenings and hard to get in as they have a limited entry.

As it will be a Saturday evening as well I would imagine that this would be one of the busiest times.

So in your opinion is it still worth us going on that night or are we best to go somewhere else ?

Also what's the best time to go in the evenings if we do go.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Rachel

Hi Rachel

If you are staying in International Dr, Disney area or Kissimmee area it will take you at least 2 hours from touch down to make it to your hotel or villa.

It'll then take you a good hour or so to settle in - unpack, freshen up, familiarise yourself.

It might be best to head out for something to eat and just relax rather than head to DQ. DQ shuts at about midnight - 00:30 and after 10:30 you can get in for half price but it can be very very busy and I don't think many can deal with that after a long day.

By all means head off to Down Town Disney after you have eaten (or eat there) as there are plenty things to look at there without spending any money!

The other thing is just eat a snack then go to bed and get up bright and early to have a good American buffet breakfast and then get to a park early. Animal Kingdom is a good idea for an early start (it opens at 9:00am or just before) as you can get onto the Kilimanjaro safari "ride" more easily and you get to see more animals as they tend to be active in the cooler, earlier part of the day.

After only a few days, your body clock will naturally adjust.

Have a great time!

Jackie :D

Hello

I agree with jackie
We will be arriving at orlando airport an hour before you and thats our plan
Get some provisions at Walmart, settle in at hotel, maybe a quick swim, a pizza and settle down for an early night.
Cant wear yourself out too quickly

have a great holiday

Chris

I agree with Jackie and Chris ! You will find parking really difficult at DD on a Saturday evening too.
The best times for DQ are said to be at opening and late afternoon/early evening.

Hiya,

Thanks for all of your replies.

I think we'll give DQ a miss then.

I think we'll go to Downtown Disney instead as we have a ten year old that we will have to try to keep awake until 9pm.

We were also going to go to Walmart. We are staying at ASM. Does anybody know (pref with directions) where the nearest Walmart is ?

Also can anybody recommend a good suntan lotion for very fair skinned people that still want a tan ?

Thanks

Rachel

:Pinkbounc :bounce: 8 DAYS TO GO:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Hi Rachel

We too always find that by the time we have got through the airport, to the hotel, and unpacked, by the time we have eaten it is near enough to 9 pm so we go to bed. The ASM does have a small playground and swimming pools, which you will find are still being used when you arrive, as the weather will be HOT!!, so maybe that would be enough to keep your DS awake without having to travel, as I know my two always go straight to sleep the minute we get in a moving vehicle!

If you feel you still have the energy to go to Downtown Disney, you can get the complimentary Disney bus from the ASMovies, which will save you having to try and find a parking space.

Sorry can't help with the Walmart. Re suntan lotion, we are all fair skinned and always take Ambre Solaire with us, their childrens formula is very good for sensitive, fair skin.

Have a Great Trip! :D

Hiya Mazzy,

Thanks for your reply.

The swimming pool idea sounds like bliss actually after such a long flight and my daughter is a real water baby.

I think we'll do that and then go to Downtown Disney if we have the energy.

I still haven't done our planner and we go on Saturday. That's what I'm doing on the internet now.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rachel

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Glad I could help Rachel :D

You may already know this, but just in case ...

You can buy a Refillable Mug from the food court at ASM. I think they cost about $10 each and you can use this mug for unlimited refills of fizzy drink, tea, coffee and hot chocolate from the food court ONLY at the ASM.

If you have any specific queston for your trip, it would be best to post them separately, you are more likely to get a better response that way.

HTH :D

Hi Rachel,

We love the all star resorts and always spend out first night just in the resort. The pools are great (expec. Fantasia), theres a good shop to browse and the food court sells some luvvley food :)

My fav is the Turkey dinner with Corn bread, red mash and beans.. mmmmm :) hope they still do that when we stay at ASMo next year...

You can also grab a quick beer.. by the time thats done its usually past 10pm for us without even noticing :)

Last year we arrived about the same time you did, bearing in mind we knew exactly what to do and where to go we got to ASM, showered and got back out by about 6.30 so thought wed go to Downtown for dinner for a change. We went to Rainforest Cafe and TBH by the time wed got the table (40 mins wait), looked round WoD and eaten our appetisers we were shattered, and then i had to drive back.... Its good to try to squeeze and extra night 'out' into the holiday but it is a struggle :)

have fun

Whilst it's still an abstract concept, it's difficult to imagine how shattered you'll be. You'll probably be far too excited to get a good night's sleep the night before, be up earlier than usual, have the drive to the airport, a few hours at the airport, the <i>long</i> flight, <i>at least</i> an hour disembarking, clearing customs and immigration and getting your car (and probably considerably longer if it's your first trip) and then the drive to ASMo.

As you aren't landing until 5pm, you'll easily still be awake at 9pm just doing the essentials without needing to go anywhere. And we've found that no matter how long we manage to stay awake that first evening, we're still awake at the crack of dawn the next morning - best to take advantage of that IMO. The jet-lag only lasts a few days, so make the most of being able to get an early start whilst you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter