Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

Has anybody stayed at All-Star Movies during a hurricane? It looks like I'm going to be there when Irma possibly hits and I was just wondering how the resort handled it, especially during Matthew last year.
I was at POP during hurricane Matthew and they handled it as best they could the food court was mass chaos it took us over a hour to get are food. The day of Matthew they did have free arcade games in the arcade some of the cast members brought out board games for the kids , they also had some characters come out to.

We are staying at All Star Movies Sep 27-Oct 2 standard room. I'm having a really hard time figuring out what to put in a room request. We don't really care about view, don't want so loud kids can't sleep but don't need super quiet. Our biggest hope is to minimize walk time between room and bus stop/lobby. Our girls are 9 &4 so a 101 dalmation or toy story building room would be great but not sure if it's even worth it to ask since we payed for standard. Thoughts or ideas? Should I just go with the super vague "as close to lobby and bus stop as possible" or try to figure out something more specific?

I personally have requested mighty ducks on the very far end because it's closer to the buses and food court at music. But the value resorts aren't that spread out. Even a standard room isn't that far. My walk to my room was much much much farther at royal pacific at universal.

I was at POP during hurricane Matthew and they handled it as best they could the food court was mass chaos it took us over a hour to get are food. The day of Matthew they did have free arcade games in the arcade some of the cast members brought out board games for the kids , they also had some characters come out to.

I ended up rescheduling my trip due to Irma. It only had 3 1/2 days in the parks and they would have been closed for 2 of them. I am now going in October but had to book POP instead of Movies.

Can anyone answer these questions for me? Sorry if they are duplicates!

1 - if we have a late flight out and are going to spend the last day in the parks, can we leave our luggage with guest services after checking out and then pick it up before getting on the Magical Express?

2 - If i place an order with Garden Grocer, will it be delivered to my room before i get there? Or do i need to pick it up from guest services?

3- how is the bed situation? I'm currently booked at CSR and am thinking about switching to Movies because we'd save about $400 (it's just me and DH and we are planning on a lot of nice meals so saving money on the room would be nice). The two double beds situation is not ideal but are the beds decent? I've read some reviews saying that the beds are hard and uncomfortable...i can deal with double beds but i don't know about uncomfortable beds.

Thanks for your help!

1 - if we have a late flight out and are going to spend the last day in the parks, can we leave our luggage with guest services after checking out and then pick it up before getting on the Magical Express?

2 - If i place an order with Garden Grocer, will it be delivered to my room before i get there? Or do i need to pick it up from guest services?

3- how is the bed situation? I'm currently booked at CSR and am thinking about switching to Movies because we'd save about $400 (it's just me and DH and we are planning on a lot of nice meals so saving money on the room would be nice). The two double beds situation is not ideal but are the beds decent? I've read some reviews saying that the beds are hard and uncomfortable...i can deal with double beds but i don't know about uncomfortable beds.

Thanks for your help!
I have used Garden Grocer. The order was waiting at Bell Services when I checked in. Then I had it delivered to the room by Bell Services. Unfortunately I can't remember if there was an option to have it delivered before check in. I think it worked out well that way if it helps.
I have stayed at the all stars and we have had 2 adults sharing a bed and it wasn't bad.

I have used Garden Grocer. The order was waiting at Bell Services when I checked in. Then I had it delivered to the room by Bell Services. Unfortunately I can't remember if there was an option to have it delivered before check in. I think it worked out well that way if it helps.
I have stayed at the all stars and we have had 2 adults sharing a bed and it wasn't bad.
Thank you!!!

Thanks for your help!

Yes, you can store your bags with luggage services....and if you are on a participating airline you can check your bags in at the resort as well.
Garden Grocer will not deliver to your room before you arrive.

I have never had an issue with comfort with a bed from a Value resort...or any regular bed in any Disney resorts really. It all depends on the person though. I do have issues with a lot of hotel beds, especially hard ones, but for me I have never had any problems at Disney.

We head down very soon for our Dec trip. We will be driving. I have a 1 year old who will be in a port-a-crib (pack n play) It is square not rectangle. Would it fit ok? We did a moderate last time when she was 6 months and during the day we folded it up. Or should I just request one from Disney?

We head down very soon for our Dec trip. We will be driving. I have a 1 year old who will be in a port-a-crib (pack n play) It is square not rectangle. Would it fit ok? We did a moderate last time when she was 6 months and during the day we folded it up. Or should I just request one from Disney?
We have stayed at values with Disney provided pack n plays and they definitely fit. We were able to put it behind the curtain, it did block most of the sink but we were okay with that. There are a few places in the room where a pack n play wil fit.

Room request recommendations please! We're staying in a preferred room and first request will be 101 Dalmatians. What should our second request be? We want to be close to transportation, but we will also have our massive double stroller with us, so will want to be close to the elevator if on an upper floor. Thanks!

I stayed, first floor, in the Toy Story 10 building and I loved it. It was close and VERY quite. I was on the backside, facing the road. There was very little traffic. I would definitely request that area again.

We just returned from a 2 night stay at Movies. We were in Bldg 7- first floor. It was a nice room- but on the other side of the trees outside our room was a truck loading/unloading area. It wasn't that loud in the room, but you could hear them. I think if I had a longer stay, I'd want a different area, but it worked fine for us. Overall, we liked the resort and the food court.

Sooo we had to switch resorts from Yacht Club...... (in laws couldn't afford it) and so we are trying out All Star Movies for our Trip in March!!!!! i am excited to try a new resort and we have a 3 year old so i know she will love love love it! Plus it saved us soooo much money!!!!! I can't wait to read all there is to know about this resort! : ) Heading there March 3-10th: )

so far we have a preferred room... we chose Fantasia because our little girl Loves Mickey & Minnie. :)

My FIL is thinking of getting a scooter from an outside company. How would that work as far as storage? Would he be able to fit it in his room (he's able to get around but long distances like walking the park is too much for him).... or is there a place to store it on property? Never used a scooter at Disney before. TIA!

My FIL is thinking of getting a scooter from an outside company. How would that work as far as storage? Would he be able to fit it in his room (he's able to get around but long distances like walking the park is too much for him).... or is there a place to store it on property? Never used a scooter at Disney before. TIA!

The scooter will be stored in the room. It can not be left outside in the walkways and needs to be plugged in to recharge overnight as well.

Going for a 4 night stay in Dec. any preference for Mighty Ducks or Love Bug section?

Yes, Mighty Ducks puts you right next to All-Star Music so that you can take advantage of the Melody Hall food court and Music buses too. In the mornings we'd use the Music bus stop instead because it was a closer walk.

Hey y'all! we are doing a split stay and decided to check out movies! we normally stay at pop or sports. we have a preferred room booked for MLK weekend. need some advice, would y'all request toy story or fantasia? I would like to be near transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!