Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

I'm going in July in the preferred room. I would love to stay in the TS section after the refurb! Hope they are done by then. :)

Is ASMo typically excluded from the play stay dine deal? I know it’s excluded from free dining

We are staying here the first weekend of June! We booked a standard room for 4 adults. I am pregnant and we will be with my mom. Our main priority is to be as close to the bus stop as possible. Which section should we request? Thank you SO much!

We are staying here the first weekend of June! We booked a standard room for 4 adults. I am pregnant and we will be with my mom. Our main priority is to be as close to the bus stop as possible. Which section should we request? Thank you SO much!
My suggestion is Mighty Ducks.

From there,you are actually VERY close the the All-Star MUSIC Bus Stops.:)

We are going May 14-19th... I got a pin code $79 for preferred room, except for the last night, had to pay rack rate :(

My wife and I are there the same week, but from the 15th to the 18th on that pin code. We initially booked to the 19th, but that $175 rack rate was too much.

Has anyone used Uber from Movies to Disney Springs? Just trying to ball park the length of the drive and prices. I'll have to make the trip early in the morning, before the buses start.

Can you walk to the other All Star resorts? I’m interested in trying out other food courts.

Last edited:
Can you walk to the other All Star resorts? I’m interested in trying out other food courts.
From Movies,walk through Dalmatians and then through Mighty Ducks and then you will come to a "road".

Cross the road and you will see the walkway to Melody Hall at Music.

When exiting Melody Hall,take a hard right and walk through Calypso to the Parking Lot-cross this Parking Lot and you will be at Home Rune Hotel at Sports.

Walk through Home Run Hotel and then down the Football Field in Touchdown! and you will be at Stadium Hall.

I can "speed walk" from Cinema Hall to Melody Hall in 5 minutes and from Melody Hall to Stadium Hall in 5 minutes,so I would double that time for a "leisurely" pace.:)

Just returned from Movies...bldgs 9 and 10 seemed to be where they were working (Toy Story area).
Do you know when the refurb in the Toy Story area began? We have preferred level booked for June 17 and would really like to request the Buzz building if it’s likely to be finished there (not necessarily for the new soft goods but for nearby bus access!) We have two nappers in our party so don’t want to be near daytime construction noise if they’re still working there then. Thanks for any info anyone can provide on the date the Toy Story area started refurb and/or updates on progess/schedule that anyone knows of.

Do you know when the refurb in the Toy Story area began? We have preferred level booked for June 17 and would really like to request the Buzz building if it’s likely to be finished there (not necessarily for the new soft goods but for nearby bus access!) We have two nappers in our party so don’t want to be near daytime construction noise if they’re still working there then. Thanks for any info anyone can provide on the date the Toy Story area started refurb and/or updates on progess/schedule that anyone knows of.
We were there last weekend (6th - 8th) and all of building 10 was closed to guests. We were in building 9 and there was no construction on our building at all. I’m thinking for a June trip, you should be safe to request it.

Any guesses on the odds of getting a refurbed room the end of August if booking "preferred" (but not specifying the exact building)? Never stayed value before since the beds weren't big enough for my tall dh and teen son, but with the new queen beds we should be good, just want to make sure we get the refurbed rooms. Our only other request, beyond updated room, would be 2 adjoining/nearby rooms.

We were there last weekend (6th - 8th) and all of building 10 was closed to guests. We were in building 9 and there was no construction on our building at all. I’m thinking for a June trip, you should be safe to request it.
Thank you for the info! By saying no construction at all in Bldg 9 do you mean it hasn’t started there yet or is completed in that building?

Construction had not yet started on building 9.

We are going in 31 days and hoping to stay in Toy Story...... Could you hear any construction from your building? This is a big family trip and while most of us will be in the parks from opening till fireworks at night- our parents may sleep in some mornings. Wondering if you heard any construction that may bother them.

We are going in 31 days and hoping to stay in Toy Story...... Could you hear any construction from your building? This is a big family trip and while most of us will be in the parks from opening till fireworks at night- our parents may sleep in some mornings. Wondering if you heard any construction that may bother them.

We Spent most of our time away from the resort, but when we were there, we didn’t notice anything disruptive. We were leaving around 9:00am on Sunday, and they were just getting started. Still didn’t hear anything, just saw the workers. I was worried about the construction before we went, but based on actual experience; I worried for nothing. I know it could be different when you are there, but that was our experience. Hope you have a wonderful trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter