Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

is it pretty easy to get a room upon arrival? we might leave for disney a couple days early and need a cheap resort to stay at.

is it pretty easy to get a room upon arrival? we might leave for disney a couple days early and need a cheap resort to stay at.

Do you mean just show up and get one? no,it's not easy. You really need to book ahead if you want to stay on property

We will be there Oct 20-24. Is there any place I can see updated info on room renovations? Anyone know were they are with it currently?

I am at ASM now. We are in an unupdated room in the ducks section. I quite like the layout, but can see why the refurb is needed. The ducks pool is open again and we don't see any signs of work being done around the resort. If you are coming during the refurb period, it seems like there will be no real impact on guests.

Overall we have been pleasantly surprised. Theming is adorable, service excellent and room fine for the price.

We spent one night at ASM on April 21st. We were in Building 9. All of Building 10 (Buzz Lightyear) was blocked for construction. There were building permits posted in all the windows that I could see, although we didn’t walk around to the back.

We were not bothered by any noise, although we weren’t around in the middle of the day. Having the closed building did make the Andy’s Room area feel a little abandoned. Otherwise, it was fine.

I booked a pre and post cruise stay at All Star Movies for July/August...I didn't realize that the resort was undergoing a major refurbishment....are the rooms being renovated to be like Pop Century with the Queen bed and the table that converts to a bed?

I booked a pre and post cruise stay at All Star Movies for July/August...I didn't realize that the resort was undergoing a major refurbishment....are the rooms being renovated to be like Pop Century with the Queen bed and the table that converts to a bed?

Yup.

Thanks...strange that Disney has no information on their website about the refurbishment or that the bed configuration is changing...my reservation shows preferred room, 2 double beds...now I need to decide if I want to "try" a new room and hope that the table bed is comfy or choosing another resort...

Thanks...strange that Disney has no information on their website about the refurbishment or that the bed configuration is changing...my reservation shows preferred room, 2 double beds...now I need to decide if I want to "try" a new room and hope that the table bed is comfy or choosing another resort...

I just booked there too and got an email about the refurbishment 2 days after I made the reservation.

My family stayed one night in a refurbished room in Pop in January. I slept on the table bed. It was just as comfortable as the other bed in the room and better than my bed at home.

I just booked there too and got an email about the refurbishment 2 days after I made the reservation.

My family stayed one night in a refurbished room in Pop in January. I slept on the table bed. It was just as comfortable as the other bed in the room and better than my bed at home.

Thanks for responding. I have received no emails from Disney (except my confirmations) and my reservations were made over a month ago. I was concerned about an adult being able to fit on the table bed, but you answered my question. I'd like to try out one of the new rooms so based on your response, I will keep our reservation for before and after our cruise. thanks again

I have made a request when I booked for a Toy Story room, should I specify in my few days before arrival fax my desire to have a Buzz room in hopes they will be done? We check in June 3.

I have made a request when I booked for a Toy Story room, should I specify in my few days before arrival fax my desire to have a Buzz room in hopes they will be done? We check in June 3.
Buzz is a preferred room, did you book a preferred room? We arrive two weeks after you and are hoping that building will be finished by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter