Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

Are you able to fill refillable mugs at the Singing Spirits pool bar or just Intermission food court? It would make sense seeing as its right by the pool but perhaps you can't ...

Last edited:
Are you able to fill refillable mugs at the Singing Spirits pool bar or just Intermission food court? It would make sense seeing as its right by the pool but perhaps you can't ...
I suppose they may do it for you,but it isn't done on a "routine" basis(and they won't have all the selections available in Intermissions).:)

Anyone there now or have pictures of the Dannimal Smoothies in the fridge case? My sister was interested to see how much they are selling them for.

Is the preferred room worth it... I cant help but think the extra 150 bucks for the 5 days we are there wouldnt be

Is the preferred room worth it... I cant help but think the extra 150 bucks for the 5 days we are there wouldnt be
Depends on your preference. Will you use the buses daily? Always go to the food court? Do you mind a 10-15 minute walk to the bus/food court everyday? If the answer is no, then the preferred room will be worth it. I also suggest staying at All Star Sports, which has closer non-preferred rooms to the main building/buses.

In this family's opinion, no. We don't feel preferred is worth it at any WDW resort. At Music, we've been in the back of County Fair, Broadway and Rock. The walk to the front was under 7 minutes. And that was at a slow pace because our son had little legs when we stayed there and didn't like to sit in a stroller.

In this family's opinion, no. We don't feel preferred is worth it at any WDW resort. At Music, we've been in the back of County Fair, Broadway and Rock. The walk to the front was under 7 minutes. And that was at a slow pace because our son had little legs when we stayed there and didn't like to sit in a stroller.

I'm so glad that you posted this because you and I are both CBR lovers. We know how folks go on and on about the walking that is required there. In order to take advantage of free dining, I had to book All Star Music and I am thinking of requesting County Fair just so we are in a nice quiet area. I've read a lot about how faaaaaaaar the walk is from that area to the main part of the resort. If you think the walking at ASMu isn't bad, I'm sure that we won't either.

I'm so glad that you posted this because you and I are both CBR lovers. We know how folks go on and on about the walking that is required there. In order to take advantage of free dining, I had to book All Star Music and I am thinking of requesting County Fair just so we are in a nice quiet area. I've read a lot about how faaaaaaaar the walk is from that area to the main part of the resort. If you think the walking at ASMu isn't bad, I'm sure that we won't either.

It's not bad at all. I think you will like County Fair, it IS quiet which I know is important to you guys.

It's not bad at all. I think you will like County Fair, it IS quiet which I know is important to you guys.

It certainly is. I'm still nervous as a cat in a room full of rockers about staying at ASMu and am still checking the travel agent site daily to switch to a moderate. But, I'm trying to gather as much info as possible about the resort in the meantime.

Last edited:
It certainly is. I'm still nervous as a cat in a room full of lockers about staying at ASMu and am still checking the travel agent site daily to switch to a moderate. But, I'm trying to gather as much info as possible about the resort in the meantime.

I understand where you're coming from. We really did enjoy our stays here, and at the other 2 All Stars, but after moving up to Moderates I think we would be a little apprehensive too. But if it was the difference between going and not going, we would be all in.

I understand where you're coming from. We really did enjoy our stays here, and at the other 2 All Stars, but after moving up to Moderates I think we would be a little apprehensive too. But if it was the difference between going and not going, we would be all in.

We had two choices when it came to booking with free dining....All Star Music at a very reasonable rate or Yacht Club club level (only type room available) at almost $17,000.00. We went with All Star Music.

Quick question...... are all of the family suites located in Calypso?

It certainly is. I'm still nervous as a cat in a room full of rockers about staying at ASMu and am still checking the travel agent site daily to switch to a moderate. But, I'm trying to gather as much info as possible about the resort in the meantime.

I've stayed at CBR and ASMu and I wouldn't hesitate to stay to ASMu again. I think the property is really well done and the food court was good.
Things you might miss: Queen beds (they are double at ASMu), pool slide/hot tub, sit-down restaurant.

I liked having one bus stop and I also like lining up for the bus because it's more orderly and I like that.

I've stayed at CBR and ASMu and I wouldn't hesitate to stay to ASMu again. I think the property is really well done and the food court was good.
Things you might miss: Queen beds (they are double at ASMu), pool slide/hot tub, sit-down restaurant.

I liked having one bus stop and I also like lining up for the bus because it's more orderly and I like that.

Thanks so much for your input! Until just a few years ago, we were sleeping on the smaller beds at CBR and we had them at Pop for a few days last trip. I'm sure that we'll miss the queens but we'll deal. As far as the hot tub and table service restaurant, that won't be a problem at all as we didn't take advantage of them at the CBR anyway.

When we stayed at Pop, I didn't dislike the one bus line per park as much as I thought I would. I did miss the covered bus stops at CBR though. This trip we are going in November so I'm thinking the blazing sun won't be as much of a problem as it usually is during our two week May/June trips.

Since I booked a standard room at All Star Music, would choosing the "Close to transportation" option for online checkin be meaningless?

I'm sincerely considering making no requests as I'm confident we can make any location work. Plus, I can't be disappointed for not getting a request if none are made. :jester:

Our online check-in opened on Tuesday and "Close to Transportation" wasn't even an option :-( Is that typical if you book a standard room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!