Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

just got back last night. 8 nights. let me tell you.. I have chnaged my mind about the touchdown section! I really disliked it when we were in it 1 night a few years back. thought it was too noisy and didn't like the suishy grounds.
well,we were given 1st floor bldg 1. it was wayin the back and very dark (esp for my hubby with low vision) and a long wak (for him with his back issues) to a DSA.. and the walk tot he pool would invlove hime most likely running into all the laundrycarts.. I went to the front desk and they gave me bldg 7 corner room 1st floor.. it was GREAT!!! BRIGHT !! CHEERY! funny how your own opinions can change over the years.. not noisy at all very close to the DSA by the back door of the food court. near a gate to the surf's up pool. we LOVED it!
I aske aboutt eh gift card in lieu of housekeeping and was told "not yet" for sports. we only encountered the 15's once.. about 25 of them were in front of our table at the pool and we couldn't hear the piped in music since one of them was blasting their music on an I pod. really. i fyou want to listen to your own choice of music, that's what ear buds are for.
I thought the food court had been refurbished recently.. we were pretty disappointed in the choices.. all ears net showed a "pick your own pasta" section, but it wasn't there. only 2 choices, chicken penee pasta or spaghetti and meatballs.
we also dislike that the pool doesn't o[pen till 10 am and closes early. but the homerun pool didn't open till even later and closed at like 8 or something.
not many tables at the surfs inn pool 7 poolside.. you had to be there at 10 am or within 10 minutes to get one.. plenty open by homerun pools. too bad they have such short hours.. and it would be great if they had a coke freestyle machine nearby.
but the CMS were wonderful!!! a particular shout out to SEAN in the gift shop.. always was ready with my orlando sentinel or go back to lok for one for me. while I would NOT want to be back in tennis or hoops. and would only want to be in homerun if the pool hours were lengthened and there was a refill station I would recommend sports if you pay preferred.
h the afternoon buses were spotty.. long waits. but the bus drivers did very well with my hubby in a wheelchair

The
Can anyone confirm the Home Run pool hours? I thought they were both open until 11:00pm.
times may vary during different months of the year, but we were there last month and it closed at 8pm. Definitely too early

I keep seeing everywhere that Touchdown is a preferred building. I had standard view last year and was assigned there. When did this change?

I keep seeing everywhere that Touchdown is a preferred building. I had standard view last year and was assigned there. When did this change?
I think it changed in the Spring. Went in September on BB and requested touchdown it wasn't preferred when I booked so I was hoping I would get it but I didn't

Last year September
I was told touch down was preferred

I had requested touchdown but at check in was told I was set up for the baseball section which is not preferred

Was at sports again this January and was told touchdown was preferred but already knew that when I booked this time

I can for sure say Touchdown is Preferred. Just got back from there (was there Sep 8th-18th). We were in Building 10 Touchdown. We were originally booked as Standard but when room only discounts were released we 'upgraded' to Preferred for less money than originally booked.

Our downside was we were sooooo close to the main building with our room facing the service vehicle area (though all the trees hid that from view; we could see a bit of the main road though) so we did hear beep, beep beeps and sometimes they were late into the night/early in the morning.

The earliest reports of Touchdown being Preferred that I found on this thread was from July 13, 2016. It changed about the same time they changed Jazz to Preferred at Music.

The earliest reports of Touchdown being Preferred that I found on this thread was from July 13, 2016. It changed about the same time they changed Jazz to Preferred at Music.

Man - that's really a bummer to hear. That being said - any advice on the best room I can request now that isn't preferred? Only preference is closest to the Stadium Hall and the bus stops.

Man - that's really a bummer to hear. That being said - any advice on the best room I can request now that isn't preferred? Only preference is closest to the Stadium Hall and the bus stops.
I wouldn't request a room number or even a certain section. If your only preference is close to Stadium Hall and transportation, that's what you should request.

Are the refrigerators actually cold?

Debating whether we should just bring a cooler and ice. (We are driving and doing a short stay.)

Debating whether we should just bring a cooler and ice. (We are driving and doing a short stay.)
Ours was actually too cold to be honest (we stayed in touchdown building # 10). Several water bottles froze and the sandwiches (from the boxed food from the hurricane) ended up having ice crystals on them.

We had to move things around more to the front which was warmer.

Don't count on my experience though.

Ours was actually too cold to be honest (we stayed in touchdown building # 10). Several water bottles froze and the sandwiches (from the boxed food from the hurricane) ended up having ice crystals on them.

Thanks, I'll talk to DH and see if he wants to bring the cooler "just in case".

We have had a few experiences where the hotel fridges were warmer than what they had the room AC set to.

I had the same experience...our fridge was way too cold. The produce we had delivered (tomatoes, strawberries..) all froze!

I had the same experience...our fridge was way too cold. The produce we had delivered (tomatoes, strawberries..) all froze!

Same experience for us in Feb 2017. We even tried to play around with control and it stayed freezing. The grapes and strawberries, as well as string cheese, were solid. Our girls were quite happy to have frozen grapes...lol. The milk was a different story as they were rushing from breakfast with no time for it to thaw.

We are currently in Touchdown 7, and ours is plenty cold. Nothing has frozen, but I can put a warm water bottle in at night and it is nice and cold in the morning.

I'm leaning toward yes!lol:)

27740674594_104c4b9788_c.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter