Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

It is the busiest time of the year at Disney World. So I guess it makes sense.
m steve have you been at the resort other years during the Christmas season?

It is the busiest time of the year at Disney World. So I guess it makes sense.
m steve have you been at the resort other years during the Christmas season?
Yep. It's the same nine or ten day period every year...

We just returned from the World after staying at Sports from 12/19 to 12/28. This was our third time staying at an All Star Resort and we have never seen so much bus sharing. This was especially true for the first bus of the mornings. That bus was a shared one more often than not. We were still at the parks in time to be at the front of the rope but it was still a little frustrating. Afternoon and evening buses were also mostly shared.

We were at Movies during the Thanksgiving holiday and there was a LOT of bus sharing. By the time the bus went from Sports to Music and then to Movies, they were either full or only a couple of people could get on. It wasn't like that the year before.

Definitely very unusual,historically,for early AM All-Star Buses to share-regardless of Season.

HUGE advantage for All-Star Sports.

I'll be staying at All-Star Sports starting January 25, and was wondering the chance of getting a room with a King Bed as opposed to two full beds. The trip will be just my husband and I and we have no need for 2 beds. Should I call ahead with the request or just request at check-in?

I have just booked a Standard Accessible Bath Tub room at ASSp. I have look at my usual room location sites and they are not listed as to where they are located. Has anyone stayed in this room category have an idea where they might me located?

Any word on when the refurb will be? We were there last July and it ‘appeared’ they were renovating some rooms, but it could have just been some kind of maintenance.

I have just booked a Standard Accessible Bath Tub room at ASSp. I have look at my usual room location sites and they are not listed as to where they are located. Has anyone stayed in this room category have an idea where they might me located?

There's 4 in every building.

Is there truly a massive difference between Preferred and Standard rooms? Planning a trip early February and obviously would like smooth transportation. Going to be mobile a lot. First time at Sports and excited but it’s a whole new world for me.

The rooms are the same. The difference is the distance to the main building/food court/buses.
The resort is not that spread out and every building is not a long walk. It just all depends how close you want to be to everything.

I booked Standard. It will be a Solo trip so I don’t mind walking wherever I need to go! Less than a month away until I experience All Star SPORTS!!!

This was published Sept 5, 2019 on Disney Parks Mom's panel.....

There is no published timeline for the refurbishment, so I can only give you my best guestimate. I wouldn’t anticipate Disney’s All Star Sports Resort to be started this year (2019), and I would think next spring or summer for it to start, and possibly not completed until late 2020 or even into 2021.

DisneyTouristBlog published the following:

All Star Music will finish towards the end of 2020 or early 2021, at which time All Star Sports will begin.

What the exact dates are? No one seems to know so far....or is at least saying exact dates.

Anyone else have info on this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!