"Disney's Armed Forces Salute"

momto2nenas

DIS Veteran
My DH received the press release today at work and forwarded it to me. However its in a pdf format. Does anyone else know where I can find the info online?

Its a GREAT program for our Active Duty members and their families. Disneyland is offering FREE 3 day park hoppers and DisneyWorld FREE 5 day Park Hoppers for active duty and discounted tickets for family members.

First, what a great program!
Second, all the dates in the link provided above at 2003. Is this a typo? Old info? Or...???

- Dreams

OOPS!
I googled it, and missed the date. But in the new military ticket info thread in "theme parks and attraction" room, there are several references to the Disneyland offer. So I guess I need to hit google a little harder!

Here's the link for 2009, everyone! :)

Disney Parks Celebrate U.S. Military With Free, Multi-day Admission to Theme Parks in 2009

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. / ANAHEIM, Calif. (Jan. 5, 2009) /PRNewswire/ — As Disney Parks ask "What Will You Celebrate?" and invite guests to turn their personal milestones into magical family vacations in 2009, America's military personnel will have one more reason to celebrate: Free multi-day admission to Disney's U.S. theme parks.

With the "Disney's Armed Forces Salute" offer, active and retired U.S. military personnel, including active and retired members of the United States Coast Guard and activated members of the National Guard or Reservists, can enjoy complimentary, multi-day admission into Disney's U.S. theme parks, great rates at select Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort hotels, and additional special ticket offers for family members and friends.

"For so many of the men and women who serve in our U.S. military, time together with their families is cause enough for celebration," said Jay Rasulo, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. "We are grateful for their service and hope 'Disney's Armed Forces Salute' will allow our troops to create wonderful, magical memories with their family and friends."
At the Disneyland Resort in Southern California:

Through June 12, 2009, each active or retired member of the U.S. military can receive one complimentary three-day "Disney's Armed Forces Salute" Park Hopper ticket valid for admission to both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure parks. During the offer period, active or retired U.S. military personnel also may make a one-time purchase of an adult or child three-day "Disney's Armed Forces Salute Companion" Park Hopper ticket for up to five family members (including spouse) or friends for the price of an adult 1-Day Park Hopper ticket.

Disneyland Resort hotels are also offering special room rates for active or retired military personnel. For example, at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel, active or retired members of the military and their families may find hotel rooms starting at $119 per night during value season, with great savings during other times of the offer period. This offer is available through June 12, 2009, and the number of rooms available at these special rates is limited.

For information regarding "Disney's Armed Forces Salute" at the Disneyland Resort, or to make reservations, military personnel may call 714/956-6424.

Yes this is the reason I'm here!! Can't pass up that great deal!!

Just booked PP for June 1-8. $1003, hope this is good. anyone know? Could I find a better deal if I try again, or that good?

If my DH best friend who is active duty Army buys us 3 day park hopper tickets for DL does he have to redeem them at the main gates for us? He offered to buy them for us to celebrate our 10th anniversary, but...they live in Hawaii so being present at the main gate is a problem. Can anyone clarify this for us and/or see a way around it? TIA:goodvibes

If my DH best friend who is active duty Army buys us 3 day park hopper tickets for DL does he have to redeem them at the main gates for us? He offered to buy them for us to celebrate our 10th anniversary, but...they live in Hawaii so being present at the main gate is a problem. Can anyone clarify this for us and/or see a way around it? TIA:goodvibes

If you read the fine print, it says this:

Military personnel (or their spouses) who purchase "Disney's Armed Forces Salute Companion" tickets for admission to the Disneyland Resort for family members and friends will receive exchange certificates to be redeemed by such military personnel (or their spouses) for tickets at Main Entrance theme park ticket windows (one ticket per exchange certificate).

So maybe just spouses can redeem them without the military personnel? It seems like a military ID would need to be shown at the ticket window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter