Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We are going August 2- August 11 and have a room only reservation for a 1 BR Villa Boardwalk View. The Boardwalk View was additional DVC points so I hope we get the room type that we paid for. This is our first time staying at the Boardwalk. Has anyone been able to give you more information on this? Just curious...

Nothing really. I keep checking back on the DVC Resort Board too, but I haven't been able to find out any additional information. We've stayed at the Boardwalk twice before, but always standard view. We love it there, but were looking forward to something different. The boardwalk view would be great...just hoping things are settled by then!

We have a standard view club level room. Do any of these rooms have a boardwalk view. Touring plans says some do but I'm thinking they haven't updated their website since they separated the two categories??

We have a standard view club level room. Do any of these rooms have a boardwalk view. Touring plans says some do but I'm thinking they haven't updated their website since they separated the two categories??
The standard view CL will look over the back gardens and the quite pool. The only exception to this might be the rooms that were newly made CL rooms that look over the village green area and you can see the boardwalk to your right. I really don't know what these 5 rooms are considered for a view category. Just an FYI these rooms are outside of the Innkeepers doors if that matters to you.

The standard view CL will look over the back gardens and the quite pool. The only exception to this might be the rooms that were newly made CL rooms that look over the village green area and you can see the boardwalk to your right. I really don't know what these 5 rooms are considered for a view category. Just an FYI these rooms are outside of the Innkeepers doors if that matters to you.

Thank you! So is that a downside to being outside the doors?

Staying at BWI in September and got an email this morning about construction. Nothing specific on the email but does this have to do with the gondola stuff maybe? Or is it more resort specific work?

BTW you can add me to the calendar Sept 16-24 in BWI CL!

Last edited:
Staying at BWI in September and got an email this morning about construction. Nothing specific on the email but does this have to do with the gondola stuff maybe? Or is it more resort specific work?

I just read it too and will be there on the same days as you with my husband and children. Frankly, we are spending around $10k for this trip and I'm REALLY concerned about the email. I considered moving to another resort (monorail or Epcot area), but it appears they are all booked according to the website. That brings the next concern, which is that if every resort is full then crowds will not be light...which was our main reason for choosing September. All in all...I'm pretty concerned about the entire trip!

I just read it too and will be there on the same days as you with my husband and children. Frankly, we are spending around $10k for this trip and I'm REALLY concerned about the email. I considered moving to another resort (monorail or Epcot area), but it appears they are all booked according to the website. That brings the next concern, which is that if every resort is full then crowds will not be light...which was our main reason for choosing September. All in all...I'm pretty concerned about the entire trip!

Maybe there is no "light" period at Disney any more. I planned a trip for the week after Thanksgiving this year and there were very few rooms ANYWHERE. We chose BWV because we love the Boardwalk area, but now I'm scared I may end up getting a construction warning for November. Hopefully the work is very minor and/or done before November.

September is getting busier all the time. With MNSSHP and Food and Wine everyone wants to go then! I don't think all resorts are fully booked though. Maybe just ones included in offers for those dates. I trust Disney to make sure I barely notice the construction. It will be nothing compared to what Caribbean Beach has going on! Lol. Relax and look forward to your trip!

I got the email too this morning and we are going on October. I'm sad now.:guilty:

Did you have a boardwalk view or a standard view? I am secretly hoping for an upgrade but we have a standard room. Thanks!
I really liked our standard view room, by the way. We had a lovely view of a verdant courtyard, and it was very quiet. So even standard view rooms can be awesome.

Last edited:
Thank you! So is that a downside to being outside the doors?
We like being inside the Innkeepers doors. A little bit more of a special hotel inside a hotel feeling and also closer to the lounge and the back staircase down to the quite pool. Some guests don't mind being on the outside of the doors because you are a little closer to the elevator. You can't go wrong with the BWI CL. We just love it!!

I got the email too this morning and we are going on October. I'm sad now.:guilty:

I got the email too. Anyone know exactly what's going on? We'll be there 9/14-9/18

We got the email today too. Anyone know what areas have already been refurbed? What are good studios to request?

I called today just to see about changing to another deluxe resort and asked what was happening once I learned that the only other options was AKL. According to the CM I spoke to, the construction is around all ponds and water-related areas...not related to the buildings themselves. We've never stayed there, so I don't really know the extent of the "water areas," within the resort...but hopefully they don't matter much. The CM assured me that the pools would not be affected.

I'll be there is August. I'll be sure to report back on construction and ask a lot of questions. I got the same email for my August stay a few weeks ago. But there are two types of construction a jack hammer going all day right next to your room and then the type that you never see unless you go looking for it. Let just keep hoping it's the invisible kind.

I had a marvelous stay at the Boardwalk Villas the beginning of May and had received the same type of construction letters before my trip :rolleyes1 I was worried too as this was my first stay on the Boardwalk :cloud9: There was some painting going on inside and outside which was not a problem at all:flower1: One day they were power washing the large porch and since my room was overlooking the Village Green, it was a bit noisy but that was the worst of it:sunny: Of course I can't guarantee what they will be doing this next time around but I know I worried for nothing :goodvibes

I called today just to see about changing to another deluxe resort and asked what was happening once I learned that the only other options was AKL. According to the CM I spoke to, the construction is around all ponds and water-related areas...not related to the buildings themselves. We've never stayed there, so I don't really know the extent of the "water areas," within the resort...but hopefully they don't matter much. The CM assured me that the pools would not be affected.

I hope this doesn't effect the walk to HS at all! We love the walk between the resort area and HS area, but it's along the river. Maybe putting different fences up? That shouldn't impact things too much, I hope!

Hi, it's been a long time since I was last on the Dis. It's been almost 2 years since our last trip, it was just too painful to come by! lol

But now we find ourselves preparing for a new trip, Sept 5th to 15th in a Deluxe CL room, and I'd love to know more about BWI. We're a family of 6, children ages 10, 9, 6, and 4. The problem is that I'm just not excited about BWI, so please tell me what you love about it!

We've stayed BC CL before and loved that - being able to walk between the resort and Epcot and HS is the reason we've chosen BWI - also it's cheaper than other CL options. Our other option is AoA - which we enjoy, but it doesn't have a waterslide, and doesn't have the option to walk to the parks. BUT the theming is awesome and my DS is the perfect age to fall in love with Cars!

Also does anyone have experience with the Gluten-free options in the CL lounge?

Hi, it's been a long time since I was last on the Dis. It's been almost 2 years since our last trip, it was just too painful to come by! lol

But now we find ourselves preparing for a new trip, Sept 5th to 15th in a Deluxe CL room, and I'd love to know more about BWI. We're a family of 6, children ages 10, 9, 6, and 4. The problem is that I'm just not excited about BWI, so please tell me what you love about it!

We've stayed BC CL before and loved that - being able to walk between the resort and Epcot and HS is the reason we've chosen BWI - also it's cheaper than other CL options. Our other option is AoA - which we enjoy, but it doesn't have a waterslide, and doesn't have the option to walk to the parks. BUT the theming is awesome and my DS is the perfect age to fall in love with Cars!

Also does anyone have experience with the Gluten-free options in the CL lounge?
The staff at the Boardwalk CL lounge are the best on property! They seriously make the trip! We are going back there in September mostly because of those great people! You will love it!

We are going August 2- August 11 and have a room only reservation for a 1 BR Villa Boardwalk View. The Boardwalk View was additional DVC points so I hope we get the room type that we paid for. This is our first time staying at the Boardwalk. Has anyone been able to give you more information on this? Just curious...
It's not really additional DVC points, it's just preferred view rather than the standard view that is along the front drive of the resort. If you booked BWView on DVC points, you should get BWView. Now if you paid cash for it, you might not get it because I thought that was one of the categories that are only DVC points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter