Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We were in a 2BR villa recently, which is a 1 BR and studio combined, and the H2O products were on the bathroom shelf, not in dispensers. In fact, the only criticism I had of the 1 BR was the shower was smaller than in the WLV
(Boulder Ridge) and there was only one small built in shower shelf for soap, shampoo, and conditioner. There were more areas to put those things in the studio bathroom shower because it was part of a tub. A minor complaint in an otherwise wonderful stay!!
....I thoroughly LOVED those H2O products!

If you are staying at the INN (not the villas) in a room that is not club level, what do you do about breakfast? I'm not a coffee and danish person, but more of a eggs and bacon type. What are my options?

This is my question as well. My folks will want a real breakfast and I can't find decent solutions in this area that aren't Character Meals.

....we enjoyed breakfast twice at Trattoria al Forno. In fact, there are two separate options - one is the Disney princess breakfast with Rapunzel (and Flynn Rider, of course!) and Ariel. However, you can forego that option and enjoy a delicious breakfast in a separate room (or an outdoor waterside table) for a very reasonable price. Great service and appetite-pleasing!

....a word of warning: Primo opportunity to inundate the unsuspecting with princess merch!

Interesting, can you reserve it (non character option) or is it a walk up option?

I've just booked a boardwalk view club level room (which we've stayed in before) but checking on the Disney site it states - boardwalk, crescent lake, boardwalk inn gardens view? Does a boardwalk view room not guarantee a view of the boardwalk?

I understand that a deluxe club room has a boardwalk view but assumed that boardwalk view meant as stated.

Thanks

Interesting, can you reserve it (non character option) or is it a walk up option?

This question was about the non-character breakfast at Trattoria al Forno on the Boarwalk.

I popped in to ask about it in September. I was told that the non-character option is walk-in only.

This is my question as well. My folks will want a real breakfast and I can't find decent solutions in this area that aren't Character Meals.

Check out Fresh at The Dolphin as well as Picabu. Picabu is a quick service, but offers a really nice omelette among other hot breakfast items. You order through a cafeteria type line and the omelette is made to order and brought to your table. Close walk and no characters. Ale & Compass (f/k/a Captain's Grille) at the Yacht Club may be open by then as well.

Last edited:
Have they been running that skip housekeeping promotion at the Deluxe resorts? I have only heard of it at Values and Mods.

I checked in 11/1 and they did not offer this to us. Our housekeeping was wonderful at getting in to clean our room each day, even when we were in it longer due to cleaning up after runs or napping. They somehow always seemed to get it clean at the perfect time. They were stingier with the soaps then other resorts have been though.

Anyone been in room 3003 lately? If so, did you notice if there were USB ports on the nightstands? Trying to figure out if my whole family missed them the entire week or if they just aren't there.

We were in room 4275 and did not have the USB plugs in the nightstand. It was hard to get my plug in and out of the outlet behind the nightstand too! But since there's no clock I needed my phone nearby for my alarm and for the times I randomly wake up in the middle of the night and need to see the time to tell myself to go back to sleep!

If you are staying at the INN (not the villas) in a room that is not club level, what do you do about breakfast? I'm not a coffee and danish person, but more of a eggs and bacon type. What are my options?

We also struggled with this! However, we did enjoy breakfast twice at Trattoria al Forno. We walked up for the "other room" breakfast and had no problem getting a seat. Bacon, eggs, potatoes and a croissant for a reasonable price. Service was great! I'd highly recommmend it! We happened to be on the dining plan though so we had quite a few leftover quick service credits since we didn't do any QS meals at the resort.

We also struggled with this! However, we did enjoy breakfast twice at Trattoria al Forno. We walked up for the "other room" breakfast and had no problem getting a seat. Bacon, eggs, potatoes and a croissant for a reasonable price. Service was great! I'd highly recommmend it! We happened to be on the dining plan though so we had quite a few leftover quick service credits since we didn't do any QS meals at the resort.

Good to know. I wouldn't want to get too spoiled with room service each morning. LOL

....both times we ordered the two eggs with meat (either bacon or sausage), roasted potatoes (I'd go again for that alone!), toast, juice, and coffee/tea. The second time, our DS and his GF were being lazy-bones and didn't want to get out of bed - we ordered Mickey waffles for them to go and brought it back to the room. FYI - I couldn't finish my meal either time....it was VERY filling!

This question was about the non-character breakfast at Trattoria al Forno on the Boarwalk.

I popped in to ask about it in September. I was told that the non-character option is walk-in only.

:thumbsup2 It's called the Taverna Room and it is walk-up only. If there's a wait, you can give them your phone # to text when your table is ready.

Wait! You can eat breakfast at Trattoria al Forno and NOT do the princess thing? There's a separate room? Is it the same menu? Is walk up (first week of December) an option?

Wait! You can eat breakfast at Trattoria al Forno and NOT do the princess thing? There's a separate room? Is it the same menu? Is walk up (first week of December) an option?
Yes, yes, I don't know, and it should be an option but we don't know how long you would have to wait for a table.

I cant remember...do the large 12 cup coffee pots have the built in filters or do I need to bring my own?

I cant remember...do the large 12 cup coffee pots have the built in filters or do I need to bring my own?
If you want more than the filtered pouches of Joffrey's that they leave in your villa every service day, you'll need to bring your own flat bottom basket style coffee filters and coffee.

If you want more than the filtered pouches of Joffrey's that they leave in your villa every service day, you'll need to bring your own flat bottom basket style coffee filters and coffee.
Or I believe you can buy them. I seem to remember them on the price list inside the cabinet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter