Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

One last question, I promise! Why did you request the North building over a Lina Pool view? I'm not familiar with the benefits and disadvantages of each of the buildings. So I wondered what you like about the North one.
Thank you!

On Touring Plans, you can see the building layouts and that is how I made my decisions. I was hoping to get a room relatively close to the elevators with a view of some fireworks, and I thought this combination of requests gave me the best opportunity for this. But your requests might be completely different based on what is important to you.

Last edited:
I have seen on other forums people say that if you book a standard view deluxe studio through Disney that you usually get a room with a pool/garden view, but that when booking with points you will receive a view of the parking lot (aka, the standard view) for sure. Is this true? I booked through Disney but just got a standard view, so I'm curious what to expect. We're not DVC members.
The DVC standard view is about 20% of the total villas (BW view is 20% and the pool/garden is about 60%) and highly sought after by members because they require fewer points than the preferred view. So the odds of having a standard view villa available for the general public is not very good. So "standard" view for cash through Disney (not through DVC) is usually the same as the preferred (non-BW view) villas. Other tip, DVC resorts usually toss out any faxes since they instructed members not to fax the resort with their requests year ago.

If I ask for a room close to club lounge, will I see fireworks? (Non boardwalk side).

You can see the high fireworks from the balcony of the BWI CL lounge...so I would guess that you can see them from a room close to the lounge too....but I think that would be the rooms in the corridor before the lounge..as the building angles after the lounge area...

We just got to the resort to find the best pixie dust surprise. They upgraded our room from regular garden view to a Cottage which means Club Level access! So excited to get to see the staff again.

Angi Congrats!! That is awesome pixie dust!! :goodvibes...Although we have never stayed in one of the cottages..a good friend aka Maxie86 here on the boards.. and I overlapped trips recently and she booked a garden cottage so we visited with her and she gave us a tour...absolutely lovely!! I never considered staying in one..but after seeing it..its def on my list of preferred rooms...Enjoy your trip!!! :wizard:

You could request Luna Park which is the themed pool and tends to be a little more noisy during the day. Or the leisure pool which might be a little less noisy out there. Or you could request Village Green and get no pool, but get the grassy area between the Inn and the Villas. Luna Park tends to be a bit closer to the elevator, Village Green can be real close to the elevator.

Thanks! This gives me a clearer idea on the different areas

This is so personal.
We (2 adults) have stayed overlooking the quiet pool which was nice because it was close to the stairs leading to the front of the resort and the buses. It also allows a potential view of HS fireworks. I would check out Touring Plans for their views and Disboards map of BW room categories.

Will hceck out the room categories. Thanks!

The DVC standard view is about 20% of the total villas (BW view is 20% and the pool/garden is about 60%) and highly sought after by members because they require fewer points than the preferred view. So the odds of having a standard view villa available for the general public is not very good. So "standard" view for cash through Disney (not through DVC) is usually the same as the preferred (non-BW view) villas. Other tip, DVC resorts usually toss out any faxes since they instructed members not to fax the resort with their requests year ago.
I wasn't going to send a request fax. I thought I might do some requests at online check-in, but I don't know. I don't really care all that much where we are, but it'd be nice to be closer to the pool.

Great info - thanks!

Last edited:
I wasn't going to send a request fax. I thought I might do some requests at online check-in, but I don't know. I don't really care all that much where we are, but it'd be nice to be closer to the pool.

Great info - thanks!
You probably just want to add your request to your reservation since the choices at online check in aren't that great. Since you reserved through Disney Reservation Center, just call them to add your request.

I used the Touring Plans fax, and I got the room next door to the one I requested. I tend to have good luck with their service and I think it is because I add specific priorities in the notes section. For example, this time I added the following notes: (1) First Priority: top floor (2) Second Priority: North building (3) Third Priority: View of Luna Pool. It seems adding these notes gives the room assigners a concrete rational of why I requested a particular room and helps them meet the request. Or maybe I am just lucky. :confused3 Also, when I use the online check-in, I never make requests that will contradict my fax.

Edit: The specific room I requested was 5040 and I got 5044. It was a studio with a view of the Tower of Terror and the nightly fireworks in Hollywood Studios.

This is very, very helpful info for me! thank you!

We have a garden view room booked at BWI and was hoping to get a room (w/balcony) facing the courtyard. I know there are stairs that go out to the courtyard (from near the Belle Vue Lounge area). Just wondering if anyone would know how to word that request in my reservation? I wasn't sure if those "stairs" or "exit" has an official name. Thanks!

We have a garden view room booked at BWI and was hoping to get a room (w/balcony) facing the courtyard. I know there are stairs that go out to the courtyard (from near the Belle Vue Lounge area). Just wondering if anyone would know how to word that request in my reservation? I wasn't sure if those "stairs" or "exit" has an official name. Thanks!

If you are talking about that inner courtyard...(which we are fans of also....so pretty and serene..) than I would say request close to elevator..and full balcony... since you already booked garden..you will have a garden view...:thumbsup2 BTW the room numbers on each one of the wings that overlooks that courtyard....and overlook that inner courtyard are..to the right of that wide exit stair case... 2296 to 2306..this would be on the second floor...for an upper floor..with some high fireworks view...the first number would just change to the floor that you prefer ie 5296... be aware tho that some the rooms on that side do have trees in front...on the other wing ...to the left.. are x282 to x268.... HTH...:flower:

So very excited! Just book BWI CL this morning for 9/12-9/18 with the new discount. I was able to convince my DH that we needed one last trip before my AP expires on 10/1. He agreed so I let him choose the resort. Boardwalk...here we come!

Which discount did you use? FD or is there a new fall one out?

I'm curious as to when you had your waitlist for? Mine wound up coming through and I'm wondering if it's a domino effect of you getting yours and then giving up what I needed. I needed Sunday, Dec 23 in a pool/garden studio. I also lucked out and was able to string together six nights in a standard studio :) Congratulations on yours coming through!!

I had waitlists for two different times, end of Sept/beginning of October and first week of December.

Two random questions!

1. At the Beach Club, I know there's the "trick" to follow the signs to Room 1501 to get the closest to Epcot with staying inside/in the AC for the longest time. Are there similar tricks for walking to DHS/Epcot where you stay inside for as long as possible?

2. I read on a dining review lately that said for an extra fee, you can order room service from any of the restaurants at the Boardwalk. How does this work?? Do they have the menus for ESPN, Big River, Trattoria, etc. in the room with the regular Boardwalk room service menu? Do you call the regular room service line or do you have to call the restaurant? And can you order from two different restaurants and have them deliver say a pizza from Trattoria and nachos from ESPN at the same time? We were excited to learn about this offering and would love to know the details! TIA!!

To get to DHS, just walk a the way to the end of the hallway and exit the door there. It will bring you out to the path alongside the canal.

Staying at the BWI (first time) at the end of August with 3 other families; we've all booked garden rooms. One family is travelling with infants. Is there a best room to request in garden view category? Are there negatives to requesting ground floor at this resort?

Staying at the BWI (first time) at the end of August with 3 other families; we've all booked garden rooms. One family is travelling with infants. Is there a best room to request in garden view category? Are there negatives to requesting ground floor at this resort?

On the Inn side yes there is a downside to the ground floor. You will need to take an elevator or stairs to get to the lobby floor which is the egress to the bus stop and Boardwalk. On the other hand, you can exit on the ground floor if you are visiting the quiet pool, but if the Clown pool is a goal, again--up the elevator or stairs cross over the lobby and down again to the pool level on the Villas side. I would stick with lobby floor for convenience with strollers, etc.

What hallway? The hallway my room is on? What direction?

There really aren't any good "secret" doors as there is at BC, but I think gometros was trying to say that on the Villas side of BW, you can walk to the south end of any hall, use the stairs and exit on the canal side (which also faces the Swan). This will place you in closer proximity to DHS and put you on the walkway to it.

Last edited:
I'm so excited! I just booked BWI 12/4-12/7 with my parents, as my mom has never been to the parks at Christmas time! The trip is kinda short for me, lol, but I've never stayed at BWI, and I've never even been to the Boardwalk area, so I'm really excited, and really looking forward to being able to walk to Epcot! :banana::banana::banana: I also can't wait to see Pandora and Toy Story Land, I haven't been to WDW since December 2016. Let the countdown commence! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter