Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Thanks, so that reduces options if you have a Boardwalk View Studio: upper floor, lower floor, near the Elevators or "not" near the Elevators. There is only 1 building (North BLDG) that overlooks the boardwalk. You can always request a specific floor.

There are 2 Studios on the 1st floor right at just about 6 feet above the boardwalk level with a balcony that looks directly at the boardwalk. On floors 2-5 there are 6-8 Studios per floor. The lobby is located on the 2nd floor and the elevators are located right off the lobby.

Note: there a no quite rooms that overlook the Boardwalk until after about 11 PM most seasons.

Dave
Thanks Dave. great info. I will request north building upper floor away From elevators. We are ok with the noise.

Boardwalk view and P/G view are separate booking categories for DVC reservations (but not for cash reservations). So the owner you rented from should be able to tell you now which one was booked for you.

ERA: And when you link the confirmation number to your MDE, it will tell you as well.

The site that I rented from sold as preferred which they defined as "view of pool, water, garden or Boardwalk area". When I checked MDE, it says Boardwalk view. So, I guess I'm safe. Honestly, I would have been pretty disappointed if MDE has said garden view. I guess I lucked out.

One of my favorite things to do in Disney is to start and end my days on the balcony with either a morning or evening beverage, enjoying the view. :D Do all of the Boardwalk view studios have balconies? Are there any that are solid and therefore you can't see through while sitting?

Thanks- I’m planning to be pretty generic - that we would appreciate the Village Green area or, if not available, then a view toward Tower of Terror.

We have a garden/pool studio villa reserved, which would appear to make those valid. Do you think that would be enough? I really am not hugely concerned if we don’t get either of those, though I guess if neither, then close to elevator would be my third choice. Maybe I should add that?
DVC usually doesn't accept faxes since the villas are usually 95% or greater booked up. Your fax may be tossed in the trash. Better to add your request to your reservation. If you rented points, you'll need the owner to add the request to your reservation.

The site that I rented from sold as preferred which they defined as "view of pool, water, garden or Boardwalk area". When I checked MDE, it says Boardwalk view. So, I guess I'm safe. Honestly, I would have been pretty disappointed if MDE has said garden view. I guess I lucked out.

One of my favorite things to do in Disney is to start and end my days on the balcony with either a morning or evening beverage, enjoying the view. :D Do all of the Boardwalk view studios have balconies? Are there any that are solid and therefore you can't see through while sitting?
That's fine the rental company chose to group the preferred all in one category. You are safe if MDE shows as a Boardwalk view.

As far as anyone has reported all Villas have a patio or balcony. Yes as you might have already guessed, there are differences due to how building facade varies. So there are balconies, large balconies, balconies with roof coverage (2nd floor / 5th floor) and bollard 1/2 walls that limit your view of the boardwalk unless you are standing / leaning over the railing.

Let us know what type of balcony you are most interested in and I can make a few suggestions that will cover a group of rooms that should match your interests?

Dave

That's fine the rental company chose to group the preferred all in one category. You are safe if MDE shows as a Boardwalk view.

As far as anyone has reported all Villas have a patio or balcony. Yes as you might have already guessed, there are differences due to how building facade varies. So there are balconies, large balconies, balconies with roof coverage (2nd floor / 5th floor) and bollard 1/2 walls that limit your view of the boardwalk unless you are standing / leaning over the railing.

Let us know what type of balcony you are most interested in and I can make a few suggestions that will cover a group of rooms that should match your interests?

Dave

Thanks, Dave! I just want to be able to sit and see a great view, so no 1/2 walls. I'm also thinking a higher floor would be great. Thanks again for your help!

Thanks, Dave! I just want to be able to sit and see a great view, so no 1/2 walls. I'm also thinking a higher floor would be great. Thanks again for your help!
OK, let's start with the few Boardwalk View (BWV) Studio's that I think have the best view. They are all in the Crest the Wave section and and almost right next to Jellyrolls (JR) (Piano Bar). I always start from the 5th floor and work down.

Crest the Wave section: Closest to Jellyrolls
5005 -closest to JR or 5007 - Both have an awning above the balcony but no impact to the view
4005 or 4007 - Great views
3005 or 3007 - Great views
2005 or 2007 - Great views
1005 or 1007 - Raised about 6 ft above the actual Boardwalk

Next section toward Epcot:
4013 or 4015 - Good view slightly quieter than the first section.
3013 or 3015 - Good view slightly quieter than the first section.

There are other Studios with a Boardwalk view but they either have partiality blocked views or a solid balcony wall that limits your views unless you stand or lean on the 1/2 wall of the balcony.

Dave

OK, let's start with the few Boardwalk View (BWV) Studio's that I think have the best view. They are all in the Crest the Wave section and and almost right next to Jellyrolls (JR) (Piano Bar). I always start from the 5th floor and work down.

Crest the Wave section: Closest to Jellyrolls
5005 -closest to JR or 5007 - Both have an awning above the balcony but no impact to the view
4005 or 4007 - Great views
3005 or 3007 - Great views
2005 or 2007 - Great views
1005 or 1007 - Raised about 6 ft above the actual Boardwalk

Next section toward Epcot:
4013 or 4015 - Good view slightly quieter than the first section.
3013 or 3015 - Good view slightly quieter than the first section.

There are other Studios with a Boardwalk view but they either have partiality blocked views or a solid balcony wall that limits your views unless you stand or lean on the 1/2 wall of the balcony.

Dave

Thanks so much, Dave! I looked the rooms up on TP room finder. Wow, the views are beautiful! It's good to know that these don't have solid balconies or obstructed views. Thanks, again!

While I love the Boardwalk view, the inner courtyard is much quieter then the Boardwalk view due to the boat horns from the Friendships. Did I mention that I have hated those horns since 1996 when the Boardwalk opened and our first BWI stay. Yes I know the boat horns predate the Boardwalk Resort but the Boardwalk view rooms are really close to the Friendship dock.

Yes I hear the horns from the YC / BC but the buildings are much, much farther away from the dock that is extended quite a way over Crescent lake, which adds distance.

Note: I have real sympathy for any guests staying at the Polynesian Bungalows, paying big dollars or using a crazy number of DVC points just to hear the TTC sounds!

Dave
Two words
Ear plugs.
Save a vacation
Save a marriage

I will note though, that when we are in our room with the doors closed, we don't hear much from outside at all. Not noise from the Boardwalk, not boat horns. Not even when we were at Poly in Hawaii building with a TPV.

Trying to figure out how best to state in a fax what location we would prefer. We arrive in 2 weeks and I will still be sporting my lovely arm cast (surgery 1.5 weeks ago for plate and screws to repair fractured wrist). We have paid for garden view room. Ideally we would love something near lobby / transportation but unsure if that even exists in “garden view”

We have paid for garden view room. Ideally we would love something near lobby / transportation but unsure if that even exists in “garden view”
Sure, I would suggest you chose a 2nd floor "garden view" overlooking the inner courtyard assuming you are on the Inn side. Note the 2nd floor is on the same floor as the lobby and you just walk down hill to the bus stop from the lobby. The Boardwalk is down 1 floor via elevator or via stairs.

Dave

I rented a standard view with points 9 months ago (for upcoming August trip). I am somewhat regretting not stepping it up a little for a better view. What are the chances that I will be able to pay for an upgrade when I get there?

I rented a standard view with points 9 months ago (for upcoming August trip). I am somewhat regretting not stepping it up a little for a better view. What are the chances that I will be able to pay for an upgrade when I get there?

As you rented points, I would not ask for that as you could potentially mess with the owners points.

There probably isn't availability either way as DVC books up.

As you rented points, I would not ask for that as you could potentially mess with the owners points.

There probably isn't availability either way as DVC books up.

About all you could do would be to contact the owner you rented from NOW to find out whether 1) they have and are willing to rent to you the additional points you’d need and 2) a preferred view villa is available. As Dis_Yoda says, upgrading when you arrive could adversely impact the owner’s points (and actually, resort front desk staff shouldn’t even consider doing it), and it’s likely there wouldn’t be availability by that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter