Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I am super excited to stay at a 2 bedroom villa-preferred view next year on rented points. I am having a hard time figuring out where these are in the building. Can anyone point me to a map or offer a general sense of where these might be located in the BWV? TIA!
All two bedroom villas at BWV are lockoffs. Preferred will be pool, garden view, but not Boardwalk view unless you specifically booked BW view.

All two bedroom villas at BWV are lockoffs. Preferred will be pool, garden view, but not Boardwalk view unless you specifically booked BW view.

Ok, thanks. As far as I can tell, the DVC rental company (David's -- a DIS board sponsor, I think) only has 2 options, standard or preferred. It says preferred is "pool, water, garden or Boardwalk." TBH, we prefer not to be on the Boardwalk anyway due to noise.

Ok, thanks. As far as I can tell, the DVC rental company (David's -- a DIS board sponsor, I think) only has 2 options, standard or preferred. It says preferred is "pool, water, garden or Boardwalk." TBH, we prefer not to be on the Boardwalk anyway due to noise.
You reservation will state Boardwalk view if that is the preferred view that is booked. If it doesn't say Boardwalk view, you won't get it.

All these pictures are getting me so excited for my adults only trip in 12 days. I was fortunate enough to have my waitlist come through for a Pool/Garden Studio. It was just supposed to be my friend and I, but then my mom found out I got BW and she and her best friend (my friend's mother in law) decided they couldn't pass up a stay at BWV (don't worry they didn't just invite themselves - we had been telling them to come along since this was booked in Dec). This all took place in July, so I decided to secretly put a waitlist in for a 1BR standard, figuring it was just a pipe dream. Imagine my surprise when it came through 2 weeks ago!
My mom and her friend are going to just love being able to leisurely wake up and enjoy coffee at a real table before walking over to Epcot (they are doing a relaxing vacation, my friend and I will be up with the sun and gone well before them). They give me so much help with all of my kids and foster children, it will be nice to give them a relaxing vacation!
The cover charge for JellyRolls is cash only, correct? We are excited to check that out. I haven't stayed at a Boardwalk resort on a kidless trip yet, so I can't wait to finally get to visit there. I wish we had more time (it's only a 2 day trip), because I would have loved to eat at Flying Fish again.

We just returned from an AMAZING honeymoon experience at The Boardwalk Inn and it was great! We had a deluxe club level room and it was worth every penny! Contrary to some reviews about the club level lounge the food/drinks/service was amazing! You could eat every meal in the club lounge if you really wanted to which we weren't expecting! They also have beer/wine/champagne included with it as well that is out at dinnertime but can be gotten by request from the servers during the day as well! We had a great room on the 4th floor right outside the door to the club level hallway where the lounge is! The room was great and so was the view! The balcony was pretty small but other than that the room and location was great! The deluxe rooms on the 3rd floor have larger balconies so I would potentially recommend requesting a room on the 3rd floor if you have more than 2 people in your room! But the club lounge is on the 4th floor so that's the trade off! Here are some pictures of our room view from room "4257!" If you have any questions please feel free to ask! We had an amazing experience here especially with a few surprises for our honeymoon celebration including chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne left for us in the room one night! :)
--Mike
That's the same room we had last summer. Great spot.

Last weekend we had the room right across from the lounge 4235, no Deluxe but a great location too.

I always request 2nd floor or higher. We have found that there are always those few individuals/families that assume the patios are actually a walkway that they use to get to the end of the building to access the hotel walkways. We have been sitting out on the patio having a beer and had to stand up and move our chairs so a family could come and go to the pool. We see children running around on the patios quite often as their parents stay in the room.
Inn side? That sounds like Villa side

All these pictures are getting me so excited for my adults only trip in 12 days. I was fortunate enough to have my waitlist come through for a Pool/Garden Studio. It was just supposed to be my friend and I, but then my mom found out I got BW and she and her best friend (my friend's mother in law) decided they couldn't pass up a stay at BWV (don't worry they didn't just invite themselves - we had been telling them to come along since this was booked in Dec). This all took place in July, so I decided to secretly put a waitlist in for a 1BR standard, figuring it was just a pipe dream. Imagine my surprise when it came through 2 weeks ago!
My mom and her friend are going to just love being able to leisurely wake up and enjoy coffee at a real table before walking over to Epcot (they are doing a relaxing vacation, my friend and I will be up with the sun and gone well before them). They give me so much help with all of my kids and foster children, it will be nice to give them a relaxing vacation!

Congrats on the wait list coming through! Sounds like a great trip you have planned. Hope everyone has a great time :wizard:.

Sorry if this already have been asked and answered.... Staying at Boardwalk from 12/7-12/16. I heard the walkway to Hollywood Studios has a detour due to the construction of the gondola. Does anyone know if this is still true and if so how long is the walk now?

Sorry if this already have been asked and answered.... Staying at Boardwalk from 12/7-12/16. I heard the walkway to Hollywood Studios has a detour due to the construction of the gondola. Does anyone know if this is still true and if so how long is the walk now?
It's still there. Adds 5 min to the walk (at my super slow speed)

It’s not that bad, unless it’s hot, then it’s not so fun.

Thanks. Since it’s December when I go and it shouldn’t be hot, do you still recommend walking over boat?

There has been a lot of talk about the boats being down for part of December, but I'm not sure if it's during your dates. I've seen it in the Yacht & Beach Club thread and in separate threads, probably on the transportation board. My understanding is that Disney hasn't officially commented at this point, but the Swan & Dolphin have.

Here is one of the threads:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...ay-closure-11-27-12-17.3711632/#post-59859318

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter