Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We just paid off our Boardwalk Inn trip by purchasing Disney gift cards from online Bjs Wholesale Club (I'm a member already) for an 8% discount extreme value and used my airline credit card to earn the points for a future flight! It was a win, win. Can't wait!

We just paid off our Boardwalk Inn trip by purchasing Disney gift cards from online Bjs Wholesale Club (I'm a member already) for an 8% discount extreme value and used my airline credit card to earn the points for a future flight! It was a win, win. Can't wait!

It's always a good feeling to pay off a trip, especially when saving money! Have a great trip! :wizard:

With all the construction going on at the Studios and the rumor that the International Gateway will close for several weeks at the end of November/December, I wanted to check if the walkway to the Studios is still open currently. We’re heading down next week and wanted to see if anyone heard about a possible closure here or if it’s closed currently.

With all the construction going on at the Studios and the rumor that the International Gateway will close for several weeks at the end of November/December, I wanted to check if the walkway to the Studios is still open currently. We’re heading down next week and wanted to see if anyone heard about a possible closure here or if it’s closed currently.

Open with no sign of imminent closure. We returned Tuesday from BWV. The walk is definitely a bit longer, but we still did it in 15 minutes one morning and 20 another.

Oh geez I hope this isn't true, we are staying the 3rd week of December and the entire reason we picked boardwalk was for the walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Where did you read International Gateway was closing for that time??:sad1:

We are moving from POFQ to BWV on 11/4...the day of the W&D half. My plan is to Uber to BWV with our bags around 7 am, leave our bags with bell services and then do the boat or walk to DHS for rope drop. Will I have any issues with transportation due to the race???

Oh geez I hope this isn't true, we are staying the 3rd week of December and the entire reason we picked boardwalk was for the walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Where did you read International Gateway was closing for that time??:sad1:
The only thing that has been officially announced relates to the Swan / Dolphin and the Friendship boat service to / from HS and Epcot. The comments about the IG entrance being closed is just a rumor at this point. Disney has not made any formal announcement(s).

Dave

Friendship Boat Service.jpg

Seems some are jumping to the conclusion that if the boats are not running then you aren't going to be able to walk there either.
It's possible, based on the configuration but it's also entirely possible they can leave a walkway area open, during park hours, and then close it off and work when there are no guests needing to reach the park.

We happened to get an Uber ride last week from a CM that works special effects/fireworks HS (DH decided he had the best job ever, paid to play with fireworks). Anyway, we happened to start discussing the structures for the Gondolas and this CM said they would be running cables in the next few weeks. That may be what the boats are closing for. No idea, just tossing that out there.

We recently purchased DVC and are considering a BWV studio for part of a split stay this summer (of course depending if it's still available at 7 months out). We would really like the BW view but I'm concerned about the noise level - are those rooms loud? I'm a very light sleeper and have a hard time sleeping with ear plugs so I'm wondering if pool/garden view would be a better choice.

This past May we stayed in a Grand Villa on the 4th floor which overlooked the lobster pot game. I only remember it was noisy when someone won the game and their party cheered - other than that the noise was subdued. It all died down around midnight though.

I just called Boardwalk and they definitely put my mind at ease. You will not be able to take the boat to Epcot but the walkway will still be open:flower1: We always walked because it is so much faster anyway!

So... am thinking about the Boardwalk Inn for May, probably CL.
For those of you who've stayed at any other Epcot resorts, what do you like better about BWI? We have stayed at YC and liked it very much, but just need a bigger room.

Thanks!

I have stayed at all 3 Epcot resorts. BWI is by far my favorite! Everyone has their own opinion, but I love the cast there and the rooms. The lounge is smaller, but I find it very relaxing. I also love having the chef preparing the evening appetizers. On Sundays there is a chef preparing omelettes for you. I have been staying there for close to 16 years now, whenever I am able to get a room, and I feel it is home.

So... am thinking about the Boardwalk Inn for May, probably CL.
For those of you who've stayed at any other Epcot resorts, what do you like better about BWI? We have stayed at YC and liked it very much, but just need a bigger room.

Thanks!
The 10 Deluxe CL rooms at the BWI are great. Five on the 4th floor with the CL lounge and 5 on the 3rd floor. All 10 Deluxe CL rooms overlook the Boardwalk and have views of the YC/BC across Crescent lake. These deluxe rooms sleep up to 6 ( 2 Qs and 1 Sleeper Sofa). The BWI is smaller than the YC / BC resort building. A possible down side at the BW is the limited QS type food offerings and they are all located on the Boardwalk (a walk outside the main building) or at the feature pool.

Dave

The 10 Deluxe CL rooms at the BWI are great. Five on the 4th floor with the CL lounge and 5 on the 3rd floor. All 10 Deluxe CL rooms overlook the Boardwalk and have views of the YC/BC across Crescent lake. These deluxe rooms sleep up to 6 ( 2 Qs and 1 Sleeper Sofa). The BWI is smaller than the YC / BC resort building. A possible down side at the BW is the limited QS type food offerings and they are all located on the Boardwalk (a walk outside the main building) or at the feature pool.

Dave
Sounds beautiful. The larger rooms are a big draw for us. We stayed at the YC last time and loved it, but the "kids" are all young adults now. They do want us all to be in the same room (funny how absence makes the heart grow fonder!) but they are BIG and need SPACE. The deluxe CL should be perfect. We have visited the BWI and I thought it was fairly quiet, too, which is what I liked about the YC. Yet, the action on the boardwalk would really appeal to kids. Win-win!

How do you get in and out of the BWI- specifically out onto the Boardwalk and toward Epcot? Do you have to go all the way to the lobby?

You take elevator to the 1 st floor. There’s a door to go out to the pool to the left or to the right to the boardwalk, the friendship boats and the walkway to EPCOT

How do you get in and out of the BWI- specifically out onto the Boardwalk and toward Epcot? Do you have to go all the way to the lobby?

You take elevator to the 1 st floor. There’s a door to go out to the pool to the left or to the right to the boardwalk, the friendship boats and the walkway to EPCOT

Depends on your floor and location. You can definitely do as described above if you have a stroller or scooter. If on the 2nd floor I would go toward the lobby and walk out the back doors and go down the stairs and hit the Boardwalk. It really isn't difficult once you are in the lobby--head toward the large staircase and you are good. If you are in the rooms in the center of the garden area, go up the staircase to the lobby and down the stairs to the Boardwalk. You will figure it out once there--it really isn't a problem.

We found a staircase to the boardwalk where you exit right behind the screen door resort store in the boardwalk. No way to get back in that way, but we used it a lot while staying in a 2nd floor boardwalk view room.

We found a staircase to the boardwalk where you exit right behind the screen door resort store in the boardwalk. No way to get back in that way, but we used it a lot while staying in a 2nd floor boardwalk view room.
I thought I saw a door like that on a video but didn't know if it was an exit. The YC had an exit like that as well, toward The Dolphin.
I kind of wanted to avoid having to go down to the lobby- we'll be on the 3rd or 4th floor of the BWI so something more down that way toward ESPN was what I was looking for.

Last edited:
We only have stayed in the villas side but I bet there’s a similar stairwell on the Inn side. I have used a stairwell multiple times on the far side of the villas towards the Dolphin. Great way to head to avoid the lobby for a direct way to get on the path to the studios.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!