Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

What a fantastic thread - we are off in a week or so to PC but have decided to book CB for March simply because the price offered (due to construction) with the free credit and free dining was to good to pass on. Great to have a thread to keep an eye on.

Just curious, only request I've made has been for ground level but even then its not a really big deal but would be nice. But does how early you have booked your room have anything to do with getting a request, or just on the day you happen to be checking in/availability at that time.

Just curious, only request I've made has been for ground level but even then its not a really big deal but would be nice. But does how early you have booked your room have anything to do with getting a request, or just on the day you happen to be checking in/availability at that time.

It doesn't have anything to do when you booked the room. They decide ahead of time but not on booking date. I was the opposite, wanted 2nd floor on our August trip. Morning of (before I had even left for airport) I got a room assignment for requested yielding but ground floor. I called the number on the email though and asked nicely if anyway I could get 2nd floor. I was on hold for about 10 minutes but they were able to switch it around. Same building just one floor above. So you could always try that if you aren't happy with your assignment.

We're in a pirate room so it will be Trinidad south somewhere. But since one of us has a bit of a mobility issue nothing overly serious and the only thing would be carrying the bags back down the stairs (Magical Express should be bringing out bags to the room) and if its a problem I'm sure we can get front desk to help us with the bags. Good to know I can always call the day before we fly out and see about it.

I apologize in advance because I am sure this has been asked a bunch of times, but can someone please tell me which building I should request if I am staying in a standard room and would like to be in the building closest to the first bus stop in the mornings? As ridiculous as it may sound but I would rather be smack dab next to a construction zone than have to worry about a full bus and not being able to get on with my little ones. We do arrive in December so I may be asking a little too soon, but my reservation says I can start online check-in in 25 days so I wanted to make sure I had my ducks in a row. Thanks so much!
I am wondering the same thing. Anyone know which building to request? Thanks!

Hello

Could someone confirm the size/dimensions of the flip down bed?
Are they comfortable for 9 year old for 12 nights?
Thanks

Hello!

Finally booked our October 2018 trip today at CBR! Was excited to have a Pirate Room (these were the only ones left for family of 4), but I'm now reading that they are furthest away from the main pool/food court and haven't been refurbished recently like the standards?

Exactly how far away are they? Will it be a pain getting on the bus in the morning? Have they been refurbished at all?

Was all excited as this is a once in a decade trip but now feeling a bit of a downer and thinking we should have gone for Pop Century! :(

Hello!

Finally booked our October 2018 trip today at CBR! Was excited to have a Pirate Room (these were the only ones left for family of 4), but I'm now reading that they are furthest away from the main pool/food court and haven't been refurbished recently like the standards?

The Pirate Rooms were refurbished right after they completed the non Pirate Rooms. However, the Pirate Rooms still have double beds where as the non Pirate Themed Rooms got queens.

Exactly how far away are they?

From the furthest point of Trinidad South it is about a 10 minute stroll to the Main Feature Pool at a leisurely pace.

Will it be a pain getting on the bus in the morning?

Nope. Every village has its own bus stop so you will have one close.

Have they been refurbished at all?

Yes, see above.

Was all excited as this is a once in a decade trip but now feeling a bit of a downer and thinking we should have gone for Pop Century! :(

What you will get at CBR over Pop.

Bigger rooms - 340 sq. ft. vs 260 sq. ft.
Ceiling fans
Lusher grounds
Multiple covered bus stops
Pool slides
Hot tubs
More laid back relaxed atmosphere

Now it's up to you to decide which resort is better for your party.

Not sure whether to post this here or in a different section so hope its ok that I post this here, cause I'll be staying at CBR. Its a month till check in at end of the week and still no sign of the Magical Express luggage tags/stickers, should I phone up or give it a week?

Not sure whether to post this here or in a different section so hope its ok that I post this here, cause I'll be staying at CBR. Its a month till check in at end of the week and still no sign of the Magical Express luggage tags/stickers, should I phone up or give it a week?

I got mine a few days after the magic bands, which came in on the 6th. We are checking in this Saturday (September 30th). I'd give it at least a few more days.

Currently the test is only available at POFQ and Pop. And this current round of testing is $10 per night.
We were at AS Movies last week and were offered, and accepted, a gift card for $10 per night to opt out. Worth it for us since all we did in the room was sleep and shower.

This just posted on a Facebook Group, Food Court closed until August 2018

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1506444549630.jpg
    FB_IMG_1506444549630.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 103

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter