Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We are currently booked at Caribbean with 5 people in our party. One of our party is thinking of dropping out but we would still want one of the rooms with the drop down bed. Does anyone know if Disney will let us have one of those rooms if we only have 4 in the room.

We are currently booked at Caribbean with 5 people in our party. One of our party is thinking of dropping out but we would still want one of the rooms with the drop down bed. Does anyone know if Disney will let us have one of those rooms if we only have 4 in the room.
It will not be guarenteed but you can make it your top (or only) request.

It would be based on the availability...we got one of those rooms once with three in our party.

I'm sure this has been asked before, and I apologize in advance - I can't find the answer!

We are arriving Dec 8. YAY!! I'm wondering what the best building to request would be for the shortest distance to bus stops? We have 5 in our room. I know nothing is guaranteed... we've always stayed at Pop or POR and are trying something new this year. :) Thank you!!

I believe around 85% of Standard/Preferred Rooms have the Murphy Bed, so the odds are in your favour.

I'm sure this has been asked before, and I apologize in advance - I can't find the answer!

We are arriving Dec 8. YAY!! I'm wondering what the best building to request would be for the shortest distance to bus stops? We have 5 in our room. I know nothing is guaranteed... we've always stayed at Pop or POR and are trying something new this year. :) Thank you!!
Each of the villages have their own bus stop, so you're never that far away from one.

Here now. Hotel has been great! But I do not like new bus stops at Disney springs. I don't really care about new shops. Still go to the Disney stores and it's a LONG walk to them. Even longer coming back with the Caribbean being the farthest away. If I wanted to stop in and get something like I have in the past I wouldn't now.

Just here for tips for my February vacation.

:) Same here. I booked back in October knowing full well the conditions of the resort, but they were offering better prices at this resort than any of the other moderates. The way my wife and I do Disney, we hit the parks in the morning, and don't come back until closing. The resort is basically just a bed to us, but we like the moderates, and like getting a king bed room. We've stayed at all moderates in the past except for CBR, so this will be our first time there. Probably won't leave us with the best impression with all of the construction, but it definitely won't ruin our vacation. :) My trip is at the end of January. Just waiting for my Fast Pass selection time to open up!

From post #1.

New dining and Old Port Royal, July 2018. The Skyliner Gondola system, Spring 2019. The new DVC resort, Fall 2019

UK guests have been told August 18th 2018 for the new Old Port Royale/dining

Thank you. This just confirmed my decision to go with POFQ for February. I have not read the best experiences for people with food allergies with the trucks and tents set-up and was unsure when the "real" food places were supposed to be open. (The host site for these boards still says "rumor of late 2017") I'll stick with a new-to-me place this trip.

This isn’t quite CBR related but I need help/advice..can someone point me in the direction of who I can speak
To about the following? CBR management? Concierge? Guest services at a park? I just don’t know and would like some advice.

My boyfriend and I are staying here right now. We had a meal at the yachtsman last night that was awful. While the food was good (other than being cold), it was a two hour meal with horrific service. We got there at 8:30 and waited 10 minutes to get in. Not upset about that. But it took 40 minutes to get drinks. This was not he only time we had to wait a LONG time for our waitress to come back. The real kicker is that we are on the dining plan and subbed our dessert for apps which the waitress recommended. We didn’t get desserts at all. When we got our bill we paid it because we just wanted to leave. When we got back to our room we realized she still charged us for the apps outright and still took our full 2 credits of our dining plan. We paid an additional $180 for this meal. We are extremely unhappy with the whole situation. .

UK guests have been told August 18th 2018 for the new Old Port Royale/dining
Booking next Thanksgiving, what's the consensus on the August 2018 date being accurate? We've always stayed at CBR but were going to try POFQ this time if CBR is still a mess.

This isn’t quite CBR related but I need help/advice..can someone point me in the direction of who I can speak
To about the following? CBR management? Concierge? Guest services at a park? I just don’t know and would like some advice.

My boyfriend and I are staying here right now. We had a meal at the yachtsman last night that was awful. While the food was good (other than being cold), it was a two hour meal with horrific service. We got there at 8:30 and waited 10 minutes to get in. Not upset about that. But it took 40 minutes to get drinks. This was not he only time we had to wait a LONG time for our waitress to come back. The real kicker is that we are on the dining plan and subbed our dessert for apps which the waitress recommended. We didn’t get desserts at all. When we got our bill we paid it because we just wanted to leave. When we got back to our room we realized she still charged us for the apps outright and still took our full 2 credits of our dining plan. We paid an additional $180 for this meal. We are extremely unhappy with the whole situation. .

For future reference, whenever something like this happens make sure to ask for a manager while you are still there. You will usually get the best and quickest response by doing that. "After the fact" is always harder. First, if you ask for a manager while you are there, they will usually comp you something - a drink, a dessert, etc. for the poor service. It also allows them to better train the service person after your departure for "next time". Second, it is unusual to allow a substitution on the meal plan for an appetizer in place of the desert. It's common to allow a "side" to be substituted, or a soup or salad, but it's at the discretion of each individual restaurant now that Disney removed the substitution clause on their official 2017 Dining Plan Brochure.

Having said this - I recommend you call or go to the Yatchsman Steakhouse asap and ask for the manager. Explain what happened. Hopefully they will at least remove the dessert charge from your bill. Your bill isn't "final" until you pay the final balance (often the night before check-out your home resort (CBR) will run your card - or when you actually check out). So, you should be able to get reimbursed. I do believe it would have been much easier and likely you'd have received better compensation had you asked for a manager at the time you were eating, or right afterwards if you felt awkward doing so.

Good luck and let us know how you make out!
PS If for some reason you can't get through to the Yatchsman, I'd talk to guest services and/or the concierge at the Yatch Club (CBR has nothing to do with it, as you noted).

Hi, CBR friends! We just got back from our trip and I thought I'd share my thoughts about the resort. I have stayed there before so I am familiar with it pre-construction. We booked during the gift card window so we got $375 for our five night stay.

The check in process was very quick and the gift card was on record and presented without me having to ask. The CM did a great job explaining the food options, transportation, etc. I had put in a touring plans request for Jamaica 42, second floor, room 4251, and we got 4215, which is on the same side as I requested but on the first floor. I was actually glad we got the first floor instead because it made our walks that much shorter. We had a fabulous view of the beach, it was a short walk to the beach and the quiet pool, and the room did have a Murphy bed which we left closed and used to stow luggage. The room was sparkling clean all week and the only thing that was unusual is that we got no new toiletries at any time. We had all brought our own (4 women) so I'm not sure if Mousekeeping didn't replenish because we had our own stuff sitting on the shelf by the tub, but we did open the resort soaps and had them in use and they still didn't leave any new. They did leave five or six coffee pods every morning, though. It wasn't bothersome to us but that's the first time I haven't had new stuff each day.

We ordered from Garden Grocer so when we got back to the resort the first night around 10:30, we called for it to be delivered and it took about 20 minutes. The CM even brought it right into the room for us and he was really pleasant. We didn't use the freestyle machines but they were centrally located. The ice maker in 42 was not plugged in so we just took a short walk to 41 or 43 as needed and got ice out of the freestyle machines there. We also didn't go to the island markets or use the concierge, so I can't comment on those.

We had a 3-4 minute walk to the Jamaica bus stop. Buses ran like clockwork with the exception of Sunday, 11/12 in the morning, when we waited 25 minutes for an Epcot bus (we had just missed one), and when that one arrived, it was full. Then we had to wait another 25 for the next one, so 50 minutes total. Other than that, we had no problem with wait times - they were anywhere from just a couple to 15 minutes. The resort is so centrally located that rides to all parks and DS were pretty short, especially HS. We didn't have any super long waits for buses back to the resort from the parks or DS, either... we actually jumped on several right as we got to the bus stop. The ride back can be long when staying in Jamaica because it's the fifth stop, especially if there are scooters that need to be taken off the bus... but overall, not bad.

We used the Jamaica quiet pool once and it was warm and sparkling clean. We did not use the main pool or the food tent, but one night we did get off the bus at Old Port Royale to check it out. You do have to walk through scrims but it's a short walk from the bus stop. The food tent itself is really nice and had two beautiful Christmas trees. The food looked good! The food truck was also serving burgers and such. They had lemon water out for everyone, and we got delicious drinks at the bar. There was a great band playing and we enjoyed the atmosphere in that area. We did walk over Caribbean Cay to get back to our room from there and it was 8 or so minutes, which we didn't think was very long. One night we sat on the Jamaica beach with cocktails and listened to the band, and that was really nice.

The CM's we encountered were wonderful, especially Ali from Bell Services. On our departure morning he picked up our luggage and drove us to the Custom House, and explained the whole checked luggage/ME process/timing to us. He knew we were going to take the internal bus back to Martinique to catch a bus to DS for breakfast, and he actually ran over and had the driver wait for us while we had Bell Services hold our carry on luggage for us. He was fantastic!

Regarding construction... You definitely drive through a lot at the front of the resort and you can see the new building going up now where Barbados was. There are cranes, but they didn't bother us. You also see the top of the construction at Old Port Royale but they did a good job of masking it. There is also construction behind Jamaica, which I believe is for the gondola. Seeing it didn't bother us at all and we never heard it, even in the afternoons when we took breaks at the resort. The villages are still absolutely beautiful, clean, and bright. No worries, in my opinion!

It was really crowded everywhere because of Jersey Week, Veterans Day, the last days of F&W, and re-books from Irma, but other than some busy bus stops, we thought the resort was really quiet and peaceful. We can't wait to go back in 2 years. In the Custom House, they did have renderings up of the new Shutters, the QS food court, Banana Cabana bar, and check-in/lobby and it looks like it will be really beautiful, so we will definitely be back!

Let me know if you guys have any questions and I will try to answer them. Have fun on your visits!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter