Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We just got back from a 5 night stay CBR. Overall a positive experience that accompanied a great trip. We didn't spend a lot time at the resort, but the rooms were clean and it was quiet. A couple things of note:

We were in Aruba, which is the farthest bus stop. Generally not a problem for us. We aren't rope drop, early morning extra magic hours people, unless there is something we want to do. The only EMH we hit was Animal Kingdom. We got to the bus stop at 7:30 to see a bunch of frustrated people who told us two full buses had already drove by. Full buses still have to drive past Aruba to turn around. Understandable move because of the current layout of the resort, but it definitely added a level of frustration. At 7:50 we just decided to call a lyft and got there by 8:10. If I had read here earlier I would of known to make our way to an earlier bus stop(Martinique, old port royale) you can walk or take the internal shuttle.

We also all agreed the buses seemed to take longer than at other resorts we've stayed at. This could be because the path the buses take to get in and out of the resort is longer due to the construction, but I don't know for sure. Overall, I'd recommend either giving yourself plenty of time to get places or have an alternate form of transportation.

Every CM we interacted with was extremely friendly and helpful. The resort is essentially a construction site but they are doing everything in their power to accommodate and help guests.

I think our best example for all these points was how we missed our Magical Express. We attempted to leave the Magic Kingdom over an hour before the "fifteen minutes before" time but the bus did not show up for almost 45 minutes. Since the park buses don't stop at the custom house and you currently cannot walk there from anywhere on resort property, you have to get off at a village bus stop and wait for the internal shuttle. We got off at Martinique 10 minutes before our scheduled departure time and an internal shuttle arrived shortly after. However Martinique being the first stop of the six, we didn't reach the custom house for another 10 minutes to see the Magical Express had already left . We went into the lobby and explained our situation(we had also called the lobby from the bus and they told us to come to talk to them if we missed it.) Quickly someone called magical express to see if they could get us on the next bus, but that one was full. To my pleasant surprise, without us asking, they offered to call a Taxi and provided a Taxi voucher to comp the ride. I have never heard this done before so I would not count on it happening again, but I was very grateful they were able to assist us.

Overall, I thought the stay was worth it(especially for the gift card.) If I were to do it again I'd request a room with a closer bus stop, or even bring my car.

Online check in requests are working again. One of the options is the Martinique village. Is this village better than Jamaica & Aruba? We will be spending most of our time in the parks so we will probably only eat a couple quick meals at CBR. Is the bus service better at Martinique than the other villages?

Online check in requests are working again. One of the options is the Martinique village. Is this village better than Jamaica & Aruba? We will be spending most of our time in the parks so we will probably only eat a couple quick meals at CBR. Is the bus service better at Martinique than the other villages?

Martinique is the first stop, so it's the best you can get. The bus stop order while we were there last week was Martinique, Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba

Just wondering what the bus route is returning to the resort? Is it the same route as going to the parks, meaning that Martinique would also be the 1st stop to be dropped off?

Here now. Buses are terrible. LONG waits and at the parks you see multiple ones leave before 1 comes for Caribbean. I'm am so tired of waiting all the time. Resort wise I haven't heard any construction. We are in Jamaica. I love this resort. Only complaint other than buses are really tiny bugs are in bathroom.

Here now. Buses are terrible. LONG waits and at the parks you see multiple ones leave before 1 comes for Caribbean. I'm am so tired of waiting all the time. Resort wise I haven't heard any construction. We are in Jamaica. I love this resort. Only complaint other than buses are really tiny bugs are in bathroom.

This is why I will always rent a car. My idea of vacation is not waiting on a bus with a bunch of people.

This is why I will always rent a car. My idea of vacation is not waiting on a bus with a bunch of people.
I've been here many times and thinking buses are not a perk anymore. I could get a close cheaper hotel off site and get a uber and it would still be cheaper and faster

Cool-already going vertical.:)

Will Disney Riviera Resort be a COMPLETELY "stand alone" Resort-no Pool hopping to CBR,no bus sharing with CBR,etc.?

Bugs in the bathroom? How many? We arrive in 3 weeks & I will not be staying in a bug infested room.

Edit to add: have you had any issues with full buses leaving the resort in the mornings? The poster above said they are in Aruba & having to wait as several buses are full before they get to the Aruba bus stop. Was gonna request Jamaica but don't want to risk full buses in the morning. Thanks!

Last edited:
Well, I don't want to open an old can of worms, but I have a question about the gift cards. Back in February when the whole construction news came out, some of us were originally given a $75 per night credit. Then Disney sent an email saying we would receive a gift card at check in. Anyone who got the credit had their trip recently? Wondering if you also recieved the gift card at check in? Our trip is coming up in a few weeks & don't know if we should expect the gift card or not. We booked last September, so definitely within the qualifying dates. Thanks!

Booking for next October, always stayed at a Value. My wife, daughter, sil, three year old gd, and 18 month gs. Is getting a preffered room worth it. The reason booking here is due to the queen beds over the sleeper sofas at a value suite, and the price range isnt that far from a value suite. Any help here appreciated.

Booking for next October, always stayed at a Value. My wife, daughter, sil, three year old gd, and 18 month gs. Is getting a preffered room worth it. The reason booking here is due to the queen beds over the sleeper sofas at a value suite, and the price range isnt that far from a value suite. Any help here appreciated.

In our opinion no. Since they removed the entire village of Barbados, they vast majority of Standard Rooms are a short stroll to the food tent and Main Feature pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter