Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Just booked two weeks for CBR for November 2019 (from U.K.)

However on my confirmation email it says CBR will just be u see going major work

I thought by November 2019 most of the work would surly be completed

This is making me slightly want to change hotels if things aren’t open etc

Just booked two weeks for CBR for November 2019 (from U.K.)

However on my confirmation email it says CBR will just be u see going major work

I thought by November 2019 most of the work would surly be completed

This is making me slightly want to change hotels if things aren’t open etc

Everything is scheduled to be completed by then. WDW has a habit of including a warning about construction if the work is ongoing when the reservation is booked. No matter whether it's going to be completed by the time the guest actually checks in or not. I wouldn't worry.

Hey @GoofyGraham or anyone else at CBR right now. I saw on another thread someone mentioned having the large dispensers for shampoo, body wash, etc mounted in the shower at CBR. Can anyone confirm or deny this was in your room?

Everything is scheduled to be completed by then. WDW has a habit of including a warning about construction if the work is ongoing when the reservation is booked. No matter whether it's going to be completed by the time the guest actually checks in or not. I wouldn't worry.

Mybe booked at a good time too before prices go up probably due to sky liner etc

Hey @GoofyGraham or anyone else at CBR right now. I saw on another thread someone mentioned having the large dispensers for shampoo, body wash, etc mounted in the shower at CBR. Can anyone confirm or deny this was in your room?

I saw a pictures posted by someone at the resort yesterday and they had the new large dispensers installed while they were are the park.

Jamaica. Fairly unaffected except for the tower construction between it and Aruba.

Aruba. This is where we were. Again, tower construction between Jamaica and Aruba, another one going up next to the Aruba Pool that puts the beach right in the middle of construction.

Thanks for the updated information, appreciate you taking the time.

I was wondering for those of us planning on staying in Jamaica in the coming months...any thoughts on when you think the tower construction in between Jamaica and Aruba will be completed? I know it would be a guess but just wondered what you thought from being there and seeing it in person.

Thanks.

Greetings from Scotland folks

Looking for some advice from CB regulars if possible. We have not stayed at CB since 2007, our most recent visits have been at either BC or WL. We have a provisional booking to stay at the YC for 2 weeks at the end of July 2019 with the free dining offer from the UK. However, I have just noticed that for the same price, I could stay for 3 weeks at CB also with the dining ! I'm on the verge of changing but wondered what level the construction will be at by July 2019. Would it all be complete or at least the majority ? I appreciate nothing is guaranteed but would appreciate any thoughts. I loved my stay in 2007 but I guess the resort will be much different by next summer. Maybe even better !

Regards

I could be wrong on this, but my understanding is that most of work should be done by then (July 2019). One other thing to consider though, I think at YC you would get the regular dining plan, but at CB you would only get quick service plan? Might make a difference in your calculations.

They looked like they were really close to opening when we were there at the end of March.

They had these last fall in POR and it just felt cheap. Just my opinion.

I could be wrong on this, but my understanding is that most of work should be done by then (July 2019). One other thing to consider though, I think at YC you would get the regular dining plan, but at CB you would only get quick service plan? Might make a difference in your calculations.

Thanks for the reply. I am hoping it will be complete.

I did actually factor in paying to upgrade the dining from quick service to regular and it 3 weeks CB comes in more or less the same as 2 weeks YC. :thumbsup2

Boy Lucy's Dad, that's a tough call. I spent a few minutes digging around on this thread to see when the gondolas are expected to be finished but didn't have any luck. I do know the main restaurant area is expected to be finished this year, but when the gonodolas and new Riviera hotel are expected to finish I've forgot. Anyhow, we've always like the CB save one thing, having to take buses everywhere, so if the gondolas are to be finished wow, that might make it worth it for a whole extra week. I like the YC too, nothing like being able to walk to Epcot and all, but again, the Gondolas might more or less negate that.
Yeah, if the gondolas are done, I personally would go for the CB and an extra week!

Headed to CBR Friday! It's my first time there, thought I've stayed at many other resorts over the years. Each one a fav for a different reason.

I put in an online request for a ground floor room. I attempted to also request a corner room, but for some reason it only registers one request when I go back in to look at them. Oh well. We have a car for the week, so I'm not worried about being near bus stops. I'm wondering if there's any requests I'm missing or should try and make? I know it's "last minute" but just thought I'd ask!

Also, I put in our arrival time, but didn't request to have early check in over the ground floor option. Anyone have experience with about how early your room was ready? I know it varies greatly - but I'm just so excited to get there, I want to be able to get in as soon as we're there! Our flight gets in at 11:30, so I'm thinking we'd be around a 12:30 check in - hopefully!

In November, our room was ready by 11:30 and we didn't even ask for early check in! It was great to be able to drop stuff off before we hit the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter