Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I've been trying to map out where they have the freestyle coke machines for the refillable mugs? Does anyone know if they are in each village or just certain ones?
Also, where can you pick up the mugs?
TIA!

Staying at CBR first week of August. For those who have been there since Toy Story has opened, did anyone catch a bus for 7:00 am HS opening and if so what time were buses arriving at resort?

I've been trying to map out where they have the freestyle coke machines for the refillable mugs? Does anyone know if they are in each village or just certain ones?
Also, where can you pick up the mugs?
TIA!
They are in every village, and there are two locations in some villages.

The first page of this thread has a link to a resort map that shows the locations (the link is just above the old resort map).

Staying at CBR first week of August. For those who have been there since Toy Story has opened, did anyone catch a bus for 7:00 am HS opening and if so what time were buses arriving at resort?

First bus arrives usually at 6:00AM or a little after.

It's been a number of years since we've been to DW (2013), but we're planning a trip in 2019. Since CBR is one of the possible options of where we'll be staying, I've been watching this thread. This might sound silly, but I've noticed this feature mentioned often, so I've got to ask: what are Freestyle machines? From what I'm picking up as I read they are basically soda fountains/dispensers, rather than the vending machines that dispense bottled coke? Is that correct? Diet Coke addict here, so really curious... =D

Last edited:
It's been a number of years since we've been to DW (2013), but we're planning a trip in 2019. Since CBR is one of the possible options of where we'll be staying, I've been watching this thread. This might sound silly, but I've noticed this feature mentioned often, so I've got to ask: what are Freestyle machines? From what I'm picking up as I read they are basically soda fountains/dispensers, rather than the vending machines that dispense bottled coke? Is that correct? Diet Coke addict here, so really curious... =D

https://www.coca-colafreestyle.com/

How do the Coke Freestyle machines work? Do you have to have a refillable mug for them to work? Are they chip-coded?

Or can you buy a drink a la carte?

I just booked our trip!! We'll be there Dec 15th-20th in a preferred king room!!! I am so excited. Its been over 10 years since I've been to WDW. MY DH has never been and he thinks it's not going tp be as fun or magical as Disneyland. Its my goal to prove him wrong! Lol.
Its already past the 180 day mark but I was able to score the 2 restaurant's that I wanted the most.
I CAN NOT WAIT!! Whoop Whoop!!!

I just booked our trip!! We'll be there Dec 15th-20th in a preferred king room!!! I am so excited. Its been over 10 years since I've been to WDW. MY DH has never been and he thinks it's not going tp be as fun or magical as Disneyland. Its my goal to prove him wrong! Lol.
Its already past the 180 day mark but I was able to score the 2 restaurant's that I wanted the most.
I CAN NOT WAIT!! Whoop Whoop!!!

Congrats! Just so you know, there are no rooms classified as Preferred King. So if you want your King room to be in Trinidad North, where the Preferred Rooms are located, make sure you request that. With a King room you can be in any building except the buildings in Trinidad South.

Congrats! Just so you know, there are no rooms classified as Preferred King. So if you want your King room to be in Trinidad North, where the Preferred Rooms are located, make sure you request that. With a King room you can be in any building except the buildings in Trinidad South.
I just checked my reservation and you're right. I don't know why I thought it was preferred but it's no biggie. I don't really care where the room is. I'm going to request 1. Close to a bus stop and 2. Close to a mug refill station.

This will be my first time staying at something other than the Allstars and I'm just beyond excited about it.
I can't wait to show my hubby how beautiful it is at Christmas.

OHHHH!!! I know what those are! I just didn't realize they had a specific name! LOL! At CBR/WDW machines, do they have the large variety of drinks shown on the displays or do they just tease you with the picture and then when selected it shows "not available"? Obviously, we've had that experience with some fast food places.
THANKS!
Last year they had everything available. They were one of my favourite things at the resort. We don’t tend to drink a lot of pop so I love the lemonade options and the convenience of multiple locations was amazing! I wish all resorts would do this! I filled my cup only twice at Riverside because it wasn’t available at the pool and we had a long hike to the quick serve.

Hello!

We are tentatively planning a late August 2019 trip for our family of 5. We will probably stay off-site for the first time for budget reasons - with our youngest turning 3 we've outgrown our favorite All Star Music! We were thinking however that if Disney offers free dining next year and we were lucky enough to get it that we could possibly stay at Caribbean Beach! Which leads me to my questions:

1) We were thinking about driving since we were looking at off site hotels, however if we did stay on site we have had good luck with getting reasonable airfare in the past. I've read that the busses can take a while due to the size of the resort. Would it be better to drive ourselves to the parks or are the busses manageable?

2) What is your favorite section of the resort? We don't mind walking and the buildings all look very pretty. Are the quiet pools and court yards fairly similar? I do realize a lot can change before we go since so much construction is going on but I'd love to hear any opinions : )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!