Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Does CBR have any USB ports in the rooms?

There are at least 4, it might even be 6. I always forget exactly how many, and to double check the next visit. Two on the night stand, two near the fridge area, maybe two in the bathroom, maybe two by the little dining table.

Does anyone know the official policy for accessing resorts via automobile? We were at WDW from 10/11 to 10/20, stayed at Kidani Village. One evening we decided to drive over to Caribbean Beach Resort to look in the resort gift shop to see if they had any skyliner merch. We were told at the security gate that the parking is reserved for guests staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. I don't think we have ever been told that before at WDW.

Does anyone know the official policy for accessing resorts via automobile? We were at WDW from 10/11 to 10/20, stayed at Kidani Village. One evening we decided to drive over to Caribbean Beach Resort to look in the resort gift shop to see if they had any skyliner merch. We were told at the security gate that the parking is reserved for guests staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. I don't think we have ever been told that before at WDW.

I've had that happen at Boardwalk before after just telling them we were going to shop and eat for a couple hours. After specifically explaining what/where we're planning to go they let us through after all. Almost like an initial denial just to weed out certain situations. I'd think at CBR they are doing that more to weed out people just saying they are shopping or dining and then just using the Skyliner to get to the parks.

That’s very odd. I’ve never been told that. Occasionally I have a car and drove from a stay at AKL to check out CSR and POR to help me decide my next stay. All I was asked was to show my ID and Room Key card. Back in the day before MBs lol.
Was Skyliner just opened? Maybe they were having problems with people coming just to ride it and leaving their cars there.

I've had that happen at Boardwalk before after just telling them we were going to shop and eat for a couple hours. After specifically explaining what/where we're planning to go they let us through after all. Almost like an initial denial just to weed out certain situations. I'd think at CBR they are doing that more to weed out people just saying they are shopping or dining and then just using the Skyliner to get to the parks.

Could be, that was my thought as well, certainly as the Skyliner gains reliability and becomes more popular. I asked if being a DVC member made a difference. He then asked if I had my blue card. I did, of course, and showed it. He did not ask for a photo ID to accompany it. (We're supposed to have pool hopping privileges w/ DVC anyway). He then apologized (twice) and let us through.

That’s very odd. I’ve never been told that. Occasionally I have a car and drove from a stay at AKL to check out CSR and POR to help me decide my next stay. All I was asked was to show my ID and Room Key card. Back in the day before MBs lol.
Was Skyliner just opened? Maybe they were having problems with people coming just to ride it and leaving their cars there.

First time for us as well, which is why I wanted to ask you guys. He didn't seem sure of himself, so might've been new and didn't know the rules well. But I agree that they are probably watching the parking situation closely for Skyliner resorts.

Forgot to say that before I mentioned DVC, he did say we could come and shop there as long as we arrived on one of the buses, saying buses are constantly coming and going. Sounded like a huge PITA to me: figuring out where I needed to park to take a bus over to CBR. (Which I guess would be Disney Springs or one of the parks)

That's when I mentioned we were DVC.

Forgot to say that before I mentioned DVC, he did say we could come and shop there as long as we arrived on one of the buses, saying buses are constantly coming and going. Sounded like a huge PITA to me: figuring out where I needed to park to take a bus over to CBR. (Which I guess would be Disney Springs or one of the parks)

That's when I mentioned we were DVC.

You happened upon a guard that was on a power trip. CBR has an over abundance of parking and is not restricting parking to guests only. CBR wants as many people as possible to be eating and shopping at the resort.

Does Centertown and spyglass grill allow you to trade the drink on the QS for a dessert yet? Last year they wouldn’t allow us, we ate at most resorts and that was the only one which didn’t allow it.

You happened upon a guard that was on a power trip. CBR has an over abundance of parking and is not restricting parking to guests only. CBR wants as many people as possible to be eating and shopping at the resort.

Or the guard has a manager riding their behind closely about the policy that other properties have, people in the parks with strollers would be impressed with how tight the space is that the manager is riding up on.

OK, thanks for that. It didn't seem right, but I've been analyzing in my head ever since if I should change my resort entry spiel for future trips. Sounds like Imma keep it the same.

Thanks guys! 🤓

Apologies if this was previously covered, but is there an updated CBR map that shows both the new OPR as well as the Skyliner station? I'm trying to determine which building to request for our April stay. We have a standard King room booked and I'd like to be somewhat central between OPR and the Skyliner station, if that's even an option. Not sure what to request. Thanks!

Apologies if this was previously covered, but is there an updated CBR map that shows both the new OPR as well as the Skyliner station? I'm trying to determine which building to request for our April stay. We have a standard King room booked and I'd like to be somewhat central between OPR and the Skyliner station, if that's even an option. Not sure what to request. Thanks!

Touring Plans map looks updated. Jamaica 45 looks like a sweet spot. Or Jamaica 44/46.

The stations show on the Disney interactive map. (Web site or MDX)

Granted, this map doesn't have building numbers, but at least you can see the locations.

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 both fit what you're looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter