Asia Disney Parks closed due to Coronavirus (SHDL, HKDL, TDL)

And the best thing about that is our concern has been "the system" getting overwhelmed. By bringing in extra companies and entities we are expanding "the system" without having to build new stuff. So with the drive-thru testing at wal-marts and places we keep the people who just need tests out of the hospitals and doctors offices and pull them into a new network releaving strain on the main healthcare system.

I had always been thinking along the lines that our healthcare capacity was simply what it is. You are not going to build new hospitals, etc. in a few weeks but this actually is a way to give us more capacity along with the new lighting of rules giving doctors the ability to use any part of the hospital or whatever other spaces they think they need which before some regulations prevented.

It really was a good way to address it all.

This is a start - now we just need more hospital beds and ventilators.

Last edited:
I agree, but I think that's going to change. In the last week, the CDC & FDA has lightened up their restrictions on both labs & indications for testing, allowing more people to be tested.

Today, Trump has added to that an array of private companies such as Roche to provide tests and Walmart to allot space for drive-through testing, with Google designing a website to help people diagnose themselves and direct themselves to the nearest testing center. It's really pretty innovative. I've always been a fan of public/private partnerships so I think now things will really move.

In addition, he's waved a bunch of regulations so doctors and hospitals can do as they see fit. Since healthcare is the most highly regulated industry in the US (along with nuclear energy) this is really going to help. For instance, one hospital wanted ill people to wait in their cars away from other people, until the staff could see them, but that wasn't allowed. Now it will be. Better for everyone.
I'm glad that they have change their approach in the US. I wish they would do that in the UK as well..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!